PDA

View Full Version : HELP! take wolf story to top 10

Rock Doctor
12-30-2007, 12:02 PM
It's in a few paperns now.

I think you will get a real kick out of the comments :-D, some bad but mostly GOOD:cool:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=44d94f6e-11cd-46b6-84c4-3f48d8df838b

RD

BlacktailStalker
12-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Done, wow, tree huggers.

Lil Buck
12-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Done

Wow people sure are stupid...Shadow for premier of BC

LB:cool:

daycort
12-30-2007, 12:29 PM
done. that black wolf guy was friggin clueless.... what a idiot.

DieselDog
12-30-2007, 12:39 PM
WOW! I can't beleive the ignorance of some peoples comments. Hope shadow is doing well.

bsa30-06
12-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Just added my 2 cents worth.Good doggy Shadow.

Will
12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Interesting remarks ? :-?
..........I even left a comment:smile:

Gun Dog
12-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Are you sure that's your story? Your story didn't mention the "dusky northern lights... on a winter wonderland".

City slickers are funny.

bsa30-06
12-30-2007, 02:18 PM
i see they have posted some comments dated today,they didnt post mine.

hunter1947
12-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I said my two cents worth and then entered my comment and it didn't post ???

Shade Tree
12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Incredible how some people think, I did respond however.

bsa30-06
12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I said my two cents worth and then entered my comment and it didn't post ???

they just posted mine.Your comments have to be checked by the editor first

Derek_Erickson
12-30-2007, 03:12 PM
My name is.... Brent Hodges :razz: I should jump off a cliff

hunter1947
12-30-2007, 04:44 PM
they just posted mine.Your comments have to be checked by the editor first Thanks 30-06 ,will keep an eye on it.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

BcBob
12-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I posted: It takes a bit for them up.

OOBuck
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
I'll tell whats really great here!!

The informtion this site is able to exchange
so we can stay on top of these mindless stupid
individuals. These individuals don't think right!

I can understand why society has rules & reg's.
It's to keep stupid individuals like these alive, prior to
these rules & regs we use to leave up to mother nature.

Steeleco
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM
i see they have posted some comments dated today,they didnt post mine.

It's there now my good man!! Posted up my opinion!! I find humor in a twisted way! There surely must be some folks out there that are just wanting to slam Rotties and can't decide which dog they dislike the most in this story.

Damn I love that breed!!! Once again well done on the mostly positive response to all the events.

M.Dean
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Some of the comments there pissed me off!!! Are people that stupid or are they saying that stuff just to get my blood pressure up!!! My god, if there kids were under attack what the f**k would they have done!!! Kyle,you guys did what comes naturally for most of us, protect your family at all costs!!! Would some of those parents have watched there kids being mauled or killed!!! The negative comments come from Stupid Stupid People!!!

bsa30-06
12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
It's there now my good man!! Posted up my opinion!! I find humor in a twisted way! There surely must be some folks out there that are just wanting to slam Rotties and can't decide which dog they dislike the most in this story.

Damn I love that breed!!! Once again well done on the mostly positive response to all the events.

i couldn't let all those people spout off about something they obviously know nothing about , i had to say my 2 cents worth.

Jagermeister
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
No, my name is Brent Hodges and my wife is a biologist.
She got her Degree in a Cracker Jack box and I take her word as verbatim.:roll:

browningboy
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Did my part!
Who cares about Brent, what abot that Raven dude that suggest that all the Fort Nelson people just shoot animals for something to do! and just like killing things, Brents comments are minor in comparison.
My .028)

Rock Doctor
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I guess that a guy just has to shrug off the comments from the disbelievers.

I did get a real good laugh today, I was in the "well stocked local grocery store" and an obviously "non believer" asked my 3 yr old what she saw the wolf do?

My daughters reply, at full 3yr old volume........."The wolf bited Shadow, and then Shadow bited the wolf"...............The look on that persons face was absolutly PRICELESS:smile::smile::smile:.

Anyway, I have no idea how many views the article has had, I don't see a count anywhere around the story but thanks to all of you that have checked it out.

RD

Schutzen
12-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the hedzup..put my 2 bits in on their site..hope it helps.

Kyle..you deserve big kudos for doing it right that day, you had the presence of mind to prepare for any eventuality and between that (firearm) and a very fine dog you prevented another sad tradegy.
I have precious wee ones in my life as well and you can believe that they will be well protected too anytime we are outdoors.

#1fishslayer
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow, to make up such a story just cause you killed some wolfs, wow. Those people are wacked out on some kinda stupidpill. Good job wtg keeping them kids safe.And give that dogs ear a scratch.

BigBanger
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
good job Shadow
thats what we all hope our dogs will do if the time comes
im a firm beliver that keeping my family protected is a must while outdoors
good man , good dog , good story

Mtn Man
12-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Put my comments in as well, it is amazing to see how narrow-minded some people can be. Obviously city slickers who think that the grey-squirrels in stanely park count as real wild animals. If people stopped feeding them nuts and they became half starved they would most definetly start attacking people as well. I can already see it happening, province front page, " Jogger attacked by pack of grey squirrels" .

kloosterboer
12-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Done. And once again great job to you your friend and Shadow.Those Tree huggers must be smokin somthing a little to strong.

buckee
12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I left a short comment too (blacktail_Steve) ;)

Deerwhacker
12-30-2007, 11:42 PM
I put in too.. a little refresher for some people on the differences between facts and emotions.
Granola munching hippies are half the reason I decided to start hunting a few years ago ,there ignorance to facts just drives me bannanas!

mud-dog27
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
well we will see if my comment gets posted i tried to keep it clean. its good to see majority seem to be hunters but as usual you get the typical tree huggers whining bout cruelty .....i dont know if its just me but ive been noticing alot of negative media round us hunters in the papers lately..for those that read the langley times or advance there was that editor who went off bout how barbarick we are after he heard bout albertas hunting day...then i saw an artical where some person was complaining about how she was offended by a bumper sticker(by far the best bumper sticker ever) "KIDS WHO HUNT TRAP AND FISH DONT MUG LITTLE OLD LADIES" and theres been some other ones lately but i know that editor got a verbal shit kickin from a bunch of angry hunters

anyway stay safe out there guys

pmj
12-30-2007, 11:57 PM
The Media:roll:.
It appears to me there are some professional antis doing their thing on the Province article:"the most outrageous statement wins". Some of the comments are designed to p you off; allways remember, don't loose your cool. The antis go on the principle that they can make any outrageous statement as long as they get in first because most people will not read all the responses. It is nice to see them come out of the wood work. It gives us all a good opportunity to see how some people see the world, or choose not to see it.
This is a good story. It is bullet proof. The facts do not lie.:biggrin::biggrin:

Jagermeister
12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Well Kyle, the incident and your accounting of it certainly stirred the old kettle. The antis sure have a mind that originates out of Walt Disney's "donkey".
Last night (Dec 29th), my family and I went out to the Kamloops Wildlife Park to see the lights. The only critters visable were the buffalo and the wolves. Out of the blue the wolves started howling and there were quite a few people in that area at the time. Of course, this attracted the people to venture closer to the wolf enclosure. What struck me was a young woman in her early 30s who was dressed in a white parka. She crounched down and make short, swift darting runs parallel to the fence. Those wolves were instantly attracted to her location. Matter of fact they came on a run. Now these animals are accustomed to the presence of humans, yet their basic instincts kicked in. It was an impromtu demonstration and I can say that I am sure that had it not been for the safety of the fence, she would have been attacked. That was the manner of their advance on her, purely predatory.

cowboy-up69
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
I left a beauty comment on there, but I dont think the editor will approve of it though!! Hahahah, oh well

Freshtracks
12-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Just added my comments.

Again, kudo's to Kyle for allowing the story to be followed up. If it saves one person by giving them the proper perspective of 'what can be' then it's all worth it.

As for the negative comments ... I've heard it for some 30+ years ... grown so accustom to listening to that drivel :lol: ... find it humorous now.

Lets just not stoop to their level of mudslinging.:wink:

John

shortmagmike
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
well.ISNT that special.offered mr hodges a northern retreat.asked him to invite all his bioligy friends.them cute furry lil wolves are waiting

3kills
01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
WOW i only read some of the comments on there and i cant believe them tree hugging bunny luvin hippies...

Scobo
01-07-2008, 11:19 PM
damn, i saw this earlier and before the comments but now after seeing these comments by the crackheads i am steaming. are these people for real? this is hard to believe. i should tell them my story. i actually shot one through the patio door open an 1" just for being in my yard and not wanting them around my younger bro ,sister and dog, or just in our yard in general. bet they would go nuts over that. the negative comments are by people that live in urban areas and consider nature going skiing to whistler and outdoors doing the grouse grind. damn, i need another drink.

dukester
01-08-2008, 12:25 PM
some meat heads commenting.. crap here in Sask we have had 2 attacks on people,, one a death. not sure where some of those tree farmers are getting there info. gun rules when life is threatened.