PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits - Where to hunt them

o2fish2day
12-30-2007, 10:37 AM
I am in Coquitlam and would like a day trip spot where I can count on finding a good number of snowshoe hares. If you prefer to PM me please do.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

o2:biggrin:

Ltbullken
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
... downtown Kelowna apparently! ;)

Gord
12-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Last year I got one in Princeton 8-6. You will be limited to where you can go with the snow. They should be logging up there, so find an open logging road, and try to get in a ways then hike the thick bush. Tough going but they should be in there.

Mr. Dean
12-30-2007, 12:24 PM
It seemed that anywhere I went in the fall to Deer hunt, there was a bumper crop of bunnies.

Back home (Saskatoon) when I was kid, we used to walk farm fields and let a dog sniff them out... Might be worth a try around here but I've only seen Cottontails in the Fraser Valley.

One thing for certain; if ya find rabbits, you'll also have yote's not far away.

sparkymacker
12-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Take your time and drive to Kelowna; set up a blind at the corner of Enterprise and Dilworth. Stay vewy quite until you see a BMW/SUV stop and a soccer mom get out with a bag of salad. The rabbits will come running and all you have to do is knock the bigger ones on the head with a rock. Soccer mom might become very aggressive, but point to her BMW/SUV and state that she is part of Global Warming and you know David Suzuki. You should be able to slip away quietly during the resulting confusion.

Gnarly
12-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Eastern cottontails -blackberry bushes, February when the leaves have dropped.
they'll be sitting in there thinking you cant see em

Snowshoes- small spruce or pine under the lower branches best to find a spot with fairly dense chin high spruce, the trails in the snow will let you know there around.