PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Attack in Alaska

Allen50
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
was just reading about the wolf attack on here with the small kids, wow that was a close call, glad to here everone is ok, and christmas will be a happy one,,
today on CNN news there was a story about 2 woman out for a walk with there dogs, and were about a mile from there car, dogs on leads, when about 7 wolf's came out of nowear, the woman kept hold of the dogs, and screamed and yeled at the wolf's, one used her pepperspera, trying to keep the wolf's back, they just kept coming around and around them. one dog got bit, but will be ok, they got back to there car by backing all the way yelling at the wolf's to keep them away. thats 2 close calls in a week with wolf's, and they say wolf's don't go after people,, hummmmm..
Well glad to here all is ok, so have A very marry christmas this year,,,

Will
12-23-2007, 11:09 PM
They just wanted to snuggle and have thier bellies rubbed.........:lol:

Glad noone was eaten........

troutseeker
12-24-2007, 02:07 AM
I guess it's time to start carrying my .44 mag...

hunter1947
12-24-2007, 05:13 AM
I had a pack of wolves attack me about 40 years ago up north near redfern lake. I shot the pack leader and the rest took off ,some people didn't believe me ,but now people are starting to see that wolfs will attack people.

Scobo
12-24-2007, 09:11 AM
my friends buddy had a wolf attack him this fall. some of you may have read it in the paper. he was on his own on a kayak trip on the west coast. pulled in on a beach getting some shore time and a lone wolf came out of nowhere and attacked him. they rolled around for a while then he was able to drag himself to his pack where he had a knife, got the knife out of the pack with the wolf still on him then stabbed it several times. the wolf took off. he then called the coast guard on his sat phone and they were there within 30 mins. the dfo ended up getting the wolf and checked it for rabies but it never had them. he (not the wolf) was chewed up really bad and had to spend a few days in the hospital. they also had to inject him with shots because they didn't know if the wolf had rabies at the time. not saying wolves are vicious attackers but they are wild. i have been followed/surrounded by packs twice but never to the point of attacking me as nervous as i was.

hunter1947
12-24-2007, 03:25 PM
You mean I had a pack of wolves CHARGE(was there any body contact?) I'm only kidding! Anyways I've had MANY wolf encounters working in the Yukon & Northern B.C. Never been attacked.
No i didn't worry about anything back then ,we took the hide and my friend got a rug done. I was staking 4 bull moose at the time ,maybe the scent from the moose killed my scent and they couldn't smell the human scent from me??? ,or maybe the wolves were peed off with me for ruining there stock ???