PDA

View Full Version : 3-46 L E H

tuom
12-20-2007, 11:08 PM
My huntin bud and I drew 2 Doe draws and a Moose draw for November of /06. The huntin was fun but also frustrating. No hunting allowed within a 1/4 mile from the main road (Wells Gray Park) so we spent most of our time up Stillwater Road and at the Ray Farm. All we saw were small bucks and all we could shoot was Doe's and 4 point or bigger. Not much Moose sign either. Of course we had a nice 5 point pose for a pic for us on the main road. Any body else hunt 3-46? Any success?

mooseless
12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
yes, probly 10-15 years ago. Had a bull moose draw. Sat at the farm in an old cabin during a heavy snow storm. Saw nothing. Left there to head up the road, saw moose tracks on road that were all snowed in. I decided that we should follow them in as they were just as snowed in as our tracks were when we went into the cabin. Well as luck would have in 1/4mile in they were bedded down. We got one. That was the first and last time we ever put in for the draw. No open areas (to see) and 1/4mile restriction makes it tougher. Maybe if you know the right spots it would be different. Hunting in a park makes me nervous too as you always wonder what you maybe doing that is against the law.

exploitz
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
ya we had a bull draw this year in wells grey for october. Saw 1 bull at ray farm but the light was too low for a shot. Saw a cow wearing a collar and had 3 calves with her, and saw another cow and calf and my brother came out of there with a nice 2 point buck. Hiking the trail across from ray farm my brother and dad stumbled across a fairly big grizz, came within 30 feet without knowing it luckly he wasnt interested in them and just walked off. Overall it was a fun hunt just casue no matter where we go its fun but a very hard area to hunt unless you are equipped with a jetboat so that you can go further up the lakes and also a very scenic place. It was also weird hunting in a park didnt feel right like mooseless mentioned and also weird seeing tourists while your trying to hunt but a really beautiful place, but i will never put in for there again either.

KevinB
12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Have a look at StoneChaser's signature line...that'll give you the idea of the average bull moose success rates in 3-46.

tuom
12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Have a look at StoneChaser's signature line...that'll give you the idea of the average bull moose success rates in 3-46.

:lol: ouch...maybe thats why he's called stone chaser