PDA

View Full Version : favorite predator calls

humble hunter
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Just wondering what everyones favorite predator call is and what success they have with them. I currently have an electric predator call with a remote (phantom, I think) but would rather have a mouth call. The mouth calls are a bit more sporting I think. Although I have had great fun putting the remote control unit under poeple's beds and then hitting the remote in the middle of the night. (worth the price right there). In fact I think the mother in law is coming for christmas hmmmm I don't think I've done this to her yet. :idea:

todbartell
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Sceery makes some nice calls, as does Primos.

Th0r
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I would love that for the Mother-in-law. Call her in and then:twisted:. Sorry too much wine. LOL.

todbartell
12-19-2007, 08:21 PM
you wanna see a reaction, hide a foxpro under the table at Xmas dinner and turn on the bobcat in heat :mrgreen:

humble hunter
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
sounds like we are all going to be having some fun this holiday season. I don't know about calling my mother in law in, that would be classified as dangerous game, I am not sure there is a caliber large enough.

Will
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I love my Thompson Red Desert Howler:smile:
http://www.danthompsongamecalls.com/coyote_howler.htm

Barracuda
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Cirqie 3 in one always goes with me

wjh131
12-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Dan thompson red desert howler, and the verminator tweety calls. Work very well for me.

Pete
12-22-2007, 06:02 AM
I use a Jones Cow Elk call for years. I see now that Jones has taken the same elk call, put some camo on it and is now selling them as a predator call.
Pete

Marlin375
12-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Anybody try the Primos with remote control?
Do the electric calls work better than the human powered ones?

My 22-250 needs to know.

Derek_Erickson
12-24-2007, 10:09 PM
No on the Primos, But the FX-3 Seems to work great!

Will
12-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Anybody try the Primos with remote control?
Do the electric calls work better than the human powered ones?

My 22-250 needs to know.
It's not that E-callers work better.....it's that they require zero effort to master and are very consistent ;-)

They can turn the worst caller in the world to a Master at the push of a button ! :cool:

Not too mention the sheers number of available sounds that can be stored on one.......you'd have one heck of a sore neck packing around all those calls.

Bottom line they work and work well.......the remote is another Huge Plus....by getting the sound source away from the hunter it gives an advantage to you when something comes in, they focus on the device instead of You ;-)

Barracuda
12-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I would agree with will on this , there is not much of a learning curv with a electronic call compared to a mouth call . each has there place and each person will find there preference . I always bring a mouth call even if i have a electronic call as sometime the batteries dont last as long as i want ( which really means I am to stupid too remember to put in fresh ones before i leave for the day:lol:)

humble hunter
12-25-2007, 12:33 AM
I went up to my favorite deer area today on my quad at my wifes request after being home for 3 days straight I was driving her crazy (my plan worked) saw 12 does and 2 nice bucks feeding in the cut blocks. I could not get close enough for a picture. I was wondering why they were so skiddish, I know they got the memo from the ministry that the season was over, then I stumbled onto a few sets of wolf tracks. It is unfortunate there is no opening in region 2-8 for wolves. I saw the tracks last year and have heard them at night once last year as well. It would be a shame to go in there on boxing day and mistake one of them for a coyote.lol I have bought a carleton pedator call which I will try but I will probably take my phantom electric call as well.