PDA

View Full Version : New socially engineered hunting reg's announced

huntingfamily
05-10-2024, 06:29 PM
https://bcwf.bc.ca/new-socially-engineered-hunting-regulations-announced-by-province/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3Qtp_bCYzzU7yr97c8dPm4 aseIxvjsb0SWTDArMPZoXftj2lTbUjkKzPc_aem_Ab1INVCGUa QDd67QKMmChfpvA-94DS5DVyHYLDFBDW5UoX-P-VpR4_qk__t8OUjmwrT2dOfNegMjtD5TdV62CDaA

Also on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/hmaUcTbpoN4T2QjV/?mibextid=oFDknk

TheObserver
05-10-2024, 07:04 PM
This really is not news to any one that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. We all seen the writing on the wall last year.

As klauset shcwab and the elites say "eat ze bugs big0ts".

Never.

TheObserver
05-10-2024, 07:13 PM
And just wait for the land closures (land, thats right land not just roads) that they will try after this season.

Which will eventually trickle into private property. As Canadians something needs to be done in organization and #'s

Steeleco
05-11-2024, 07:32 AM
There's an election coming soon, that may just change everything? Sure as hell won't make it worse

Ed George
05-11-2024, 08:45 AM
There's an election coming soon, that may just change everything? Sure as hell won't make it worse

If Freeby and his morons are not removed it will get worse as they will take it as a support of their mandate and ram the rest of their plan down or up the appropriate orifice.

HarryToolips
05-11-2024, 10:36 AM
Thanks for posting OP... as it stated in the BCWF article, we all need to contact our MLAs and voice our displeasure... and we all need to get unified on who gives us the best hope of displacing the prov NDP: BC Liberals or Conservatives?

Bullreaper
05-11-2024, 10:45 AM
Make sure you vote. Inform and educate everyone you can about the state of wildlife in BC and how government refuses to do anything about it. Wait for the election to play out. If it isn’t the result you’re looking for then what? I have made numerous phone calls and sent E-mails to different sitting NDP MLA’s. I have only got one response that wasn’t computer generated and they refused to answer any questions I had about wildlife management. So that clearly isn’t going to work. This s*it is getting out of hand, we can’t keep sitting back and just b*tching on our keyboards. I honestly believe it’s going to come down to some civil disobedience, a trucker like convoy of people, to show up in Victoria and show them how pissed we are.

I attended the BCWF town hall in Cranbrook the other day and amongst a great presentation by Jesse, he also mentioned a similar idea. How many people are willing to drop everything and do a rally in Victoria? I can’t really afford it and probably won’t get the time off work, but if it happens, I’ll be there regardless. I hope wildlife management is important enough to you, that you’re fed up and p*ssed off enough that you are willing to do the same. Enough is enough. Our emails, phone calls and keyboard b*tching is doing nothing. We need to try something else. Anyone have any better ideas, I’m all ears.

HarryToolips
05-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Make sure you vote. Inform and educate everyone you can about the state of wildlife in BC and how government refuses to do anything about it. Wait for the election to play out. If it isn’t the result you’re looking for then what? I have made numerous phone calls and sent E-mails to different sitting NDP MLA’s. I have only got one response that wasn’t computer generated and they refused to answer any questions I had about wildlife management. So that clearly isn’t going to work. This s*it is getting out of hand, we can’t keep sitting back and just b*tching on our keyboards. I honestly believe it’s going to come down to some civil disobedience, a trucker like convoy of people, to show up in Victoria and show them how pissed we are.

I attended the BCWF town hall in Cranbrook the other day and amongst a great presentation by Jesse, he also mentioned a similar idea. How many people are willing to drop everything and do a rally in Victoria? I can’t really afford it and probably won’t get the time off work, but if it happens, I’ll be there regardless. I hope wildlife management is important enough to you, that you’re fed up and p*ssed off enough that you are willing to do the same. Enough is enough. Our emails, phone calls and keyboard b*tching is doing nothing. We need to try something else. Anyone have any better ideas, I’m all ears.

I believe you're right about a rally in Victoria, it may be the only realistic option to create change at this point, though we should all still take the time and voice our displeasure to our MLAs..

Bullreaper
05-11-2024, 11:02 AM
I believe you're right about a rally in Victoria, it may be the only realistic option to create change at this point, though we should all still take the time and voice our displeasure to our MLAs..

We must continue to bug our MLA’s. More people need to start engaging as well. I never thought in a million years I’d ever even suggest doing something like a rally, but here we are. When something is this important to you, you step outside the box and do what you gotta do. Really hope others feel the same way and are willing to step up.

HarryToolips
05-11-2024, 11:10 AM
We must continue to bug our MLA’s. More people need to start engaging as well. I never thought in a million years I’d ever even suggest doing something like a rally, but here we are. When something is this important to you, you step outside the box and do what you gotta do. Really hope others feel the same way and are willing to step up.

Indeed..I was at the rally 5-6 years ago in West Kelowna over the issue of guide outfitter LEH allotment. We had quite the turnout, so I imagine a rally in Victoria over a more important issue would gather even more hunters and outdoor enthusiasts out. Because this isn't just about hunting, it's about maintaining everyones' right to enjoy our abundance of crown land and the woods freely. For everyone, not just a certain ethnic group..

IronNoggin
05-11-2024, 11:21 AM
BC Liberals or Conservatives?

Conservatives all the way. Too much BS & baggage from the other Idjuts!

If I am not in the field working, I will attend and bring a handful with me. I will contact Jesse and suggest this happen!!!

Nog

Bernie O
05-11-2024, 04:41 PM
I was at the rally both in Kelowna and Victoria. I agree that something has to happen, But unless we are prepared to break the law and be arrested rallies are a waste of time.

browningboy
05-11-2024, 10:25 PM
This really is not news to any one that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. We all seen the writing on the wall last year.

As klauset shcwab and the elites say "eat ze bugs big0ts".

Never.

Nailed it about Klaus… and people still don’t believe it

HarryToolips
05-11-2024, 10:47 PM
Conservatives all the way. Too much BS & baggage from the other Idjuts!

If I am not in the field working, I will attend and bring a handful with me. I will contact Jesse and suggest this happen!!!

Nog

Right on good to know, thanks...

high horse Hal
05-12-2024, 09:31 AM
In both the Skeena and Omineca regions, general open-season hunting for caribou is now all limited-entry hunting.
In north Skeena, moose hunting for any bull moose or antler restricted moose in many accessible areas is now limited-entry hunting.
The general open season for areas that are remote and without motorized access will continue.

So changes to 6 that were implemented in 7 several years ago......why the surprise and shock

Amendments include:
• three new bull elk LEH in the vicinity of Squamish,
• two new bull elk LEH in the Southgate/Homalthco River watersheds,
• two new bull elk and one antlerless elk LEH in the vicinity of Powell
River, and
• split longer LEH seasons into shorter seasons for two elk LEH in the
vicinity of Powell River.
The changes provide increased opportunity for a sustainable Roosevelt elk
hunt. In the case of splitting seasons, the change is also intended to avoid
and reduce hunter crowding.

and who asked for that?

high horse Hal
05-12-2024, 09:59 AM
An Oct. 15 – Nov. 14 youth only private land antlerless elk hunts in the Vanderhoof and Fort St. James agriculture areas has been implemented

woohoo!

Ministry staff anticipate a 0.3% increase in harvestone animal?......ffs

high horse Hal
05-12-2024, 10:12 AM
this is the biggest k i t nutz
success may be up due to the population numbers being up, yet the urge is to reduce hunter traffic

1) Removal of the Spike-fork, 10 point, or tri-palm antler restriction on peace regionmoose LEH hunts. (Not proceeding for 2024)

• In 2022 most moose hunts in the Peace Region were switched from a spike-fork, tri-palm, or 10-
point (SOFT-10) antler restricted GOS to a SOFT-10 LEH to reduce the number of licensed
hunters within the region to no more than 3,500, and the number of moose harvested by licensed
hunters to 646 (to achieve 50% fewer recent hunter numbers and moose kills for the region).

• This proposal suggested removing the SOFT-10 antler restriction from these LEH hunts, however
this proposal was not approved.

• Removing antler restrictions was proposed to address concerns raised by First Nations
associated with compliance and to address very low resident harvest success reported in 2022
hunting data in a way that increased harvest without large increases to hunter numbers.

• 2023 hunter data became available during the review period, showing much higher success and
harvest than 2022, and estimated harvest to be closer to the target reduction of 50% agreed to in

• Given this new information, if the antler restriction is removed, harvest success is expected to
increase. To maintain the objective of a 50% reduction in hunter numbers would have required
significant reductions to LEH Authorizations to remain under targets.

• Maintaining the SOFT-10 restriction ensures that there will continue to be reasonable resident
hunter opportunity, while still meeting our commitments to First Nations on reduced harvest and
hunter density.

• Some increase to LEH Authorizations is possible, but numbers will not exceed maximums set in
the 2022 agreement with Treaty 8 Nations.

• Monitoring and demographic assessment of moose populations will continue.

• The Province has also committed new Conservation Officers for the region to increase presence
and enforcement.

HarryToolips
05-12-2024, 12:51 PM
this is the biggest k i t nutz
success may be up due to the population numbers being up, yet the urge is to reduce hunter traffic

Ya that's BS...the greedy FN's want it all for themselves..