PDA

View Full Version : Three B.C. hunters fined and banned for unlawfully killing wildlife near Kamloops

East Van Ray
04-19-2024, 01:52 PM
Unbelievable!

https://cfjctoday.com/2024/04/18/three-b-c-hunters-fined-and-banned-for-unlawfully-killing-wildlife-near-kamloops/

KAMLOOPS, B.C. — Three men from British Columbia’s Lower Mainland have been fined and banned from hunting for 10 years each for “unlawfully killing wildlife,” including a deer pregnant with two fawns.

On Thursday, a Kamloops provincial court judge fined one man $8,000 and his rifle and spotlights were seized, while the two others received $5,000 penalties, the BC Conservation Officer Service says in a social media post.

The service says the men used spotlights while hunting at night in May 2020 to kill two deer, despite the hunting season being closed.

The men were also caught with several grouse and a marmot.

The group was stopped by a conservation officer conducting hunting compliance checks in the area and their firearms and wildlife was seized as evidence.

The service says it hopes the court’s penalties help deter others, and most of the fines paid will go to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 18, 2024.

The Canadian Press

RackStar
04-19-2024, 02:07 PM
10 years is what alpine carnivore should of received , poaching is poaching.

ACB
04-19-2024, 03:26 PM
These guys weren't hunters, " They're POACHERS, call them what they are!" Shooting deer at night using lights, shooting a marmot, and not killing it and then smash its scull in to kill it. They took everything else, why didn't they seize the Vehicle as well? The penalties should be much higher!

ACE
04-19-2024, 03:31 PM
All this begs the question: Were these hunters non FN ?

digger dogger
04-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Kyaw aue Thah, Boe Boe Gyi, Ywa Baw Mu.

Liebs138
04-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Had to be white guys or whatever the proper term is. FN allowed to hunt with high powered lights. Sad but true

hawk-i
04-19-2024, 05:17 PM

Exactly!!!!

horshur
04-19-2024, 06:52 PM
FFS they were hunting bears for gall bladders and paws.....far east nationality.

HarryToolips
04-19-2024, 08:34 PM
FFS they were hunting bears for gall bladders and paws.....far east nationality.

That was my initial thought on their nationality... and the fines should be much more severe..

dakoda62
04-19-2024, 09:10 PM
Kyaw aue Thah, Boe Boe Gyi, Ywa Baw Mu.
No white man has names like this

brian
04-20-2024, 10:32 AM
At first I thought you were having a stroke, then I realized those were their names. Those are some cool names! A bit of digging shows that all those names originate from Myanmar. It’s a weird story for sure.

really I don’t care what their nationalities are, they should have the proverbial book thrown at them. No regard for conservation value.

Downtown
04-20-2024, 11:48 AM
Good Job Co.s - keep at it and thanks !

Cheers

Bigdoggdon
04-20-2024, 11:35 PM
Shooting does at night in May. These were not hunters, doubtful they even had a license. This is an egregious case of poaching. There was no hunting here. Calling them "hunters" demeans us all.

MRP
04-21-2024, 07:26 AM
Drug dealers are not pharmacist
Bank robbers are not bank tellers
Arsonist are not firemen

Poachers are not hunters