PDA

View Full Version : Wild Bore?

hunter11
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Has there ever been a wild bore population in bc? Or has there ever been a thought of beginning a bore season? I know that back home in europe these animals are huge and tasty. Lots of them to hunt ;so just wondering if you guys and girls have any opinions or suggestions?

Kirby
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing you mean Boar? as in Russian boars? pigs? I don't believe there has ever been a native population and would defiantly not support one being introduced. Just look at the southern states to get an idea of how destructive they are.

Kirby

Bowzone_Mikey
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
there used to be a wild Boar ranch west of edmonton that the population got loose .... they have beaten the hell outta the area ...and are considered Varments ...Ie; no license needed

hunter11
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Why are they so destructive? Why not have a wild bore area in bc? I'd shoot a couple.

Gateholio
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
[quote=hunter11;219953]Why are they so destructive?

They woudl be an invasive, destructive species. They root and forage, breed well and would compete with native species.

Why not have a wild bore area in bc? I'd shoot a couple

Because we dont' want invasive, introduced speices competing with our native species. There are very few places in the world that has the variety of hunitng opportunities that BC does- If you can't be satisfied with that, and must hunt boars (it is very fun, I've done it) then there are numerous destinations you can go to to hutn them for reasonable prices.

hunter11
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Gatehouse,

First of all I'm quite satisfied with the hunting in BC but why not give it a thought even if it's in a controlled environment. I don't care if there invasive but they taste better than some of the species here. It's just my opinion.

Gateholio
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
[quote=hunter11;219962]Gatehouse,

First of all I'm quite satisfied with the hunting in BC but why not give it a thought even if it's in a controlled environment.

Because BC isn't a big fan of fenced hunting and because they escape.

I don't care if there invasive but they taste better than some of the species here. It's just my opinion

Someof us do care about invasive, destructive species. If you want wild boar meat, several specialty meat companies sell it. I've eaten plenty of boar, and it's really good, but so is moose.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
there are many Ranches around that one can go hunt them ...
many of which are a few thousand acres in size ...

BCrams
12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Boar has no place in British Columbia, whether it is introduced or behind a high fence. You're asking for a trouble if you think you can have boars in a controlled environment.

If you want boar, as gatehouse says, go out of province to get it on one of the fenced farms.

BigfishCanada
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Introducing boar to BC, would be one of the worse things for BC Hunters todo. If anyone thinks it would be cool is as stupid as a bass fisherman introducing bass to salmon waters. You want boar go fly somewhere and hunt them.

Down south they introduced boar and they are wishing they never did!

Kirby
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't care if there invasive

Thats because you obviously don't understand the biological impacts of introduced species. Look at yellow perch destroying prime rainbow trout fisheries, or carp, or startlins destroying song bird populations, or mill foil destroying what was at one time excellent wetlands.

You wanna hunt them go somewhere else.

Kirby

daycort
12-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I can tell ya of two different places in the north peace that have russian boars running around on the loose. the one bunch have survived on there own for the past 17 years or so and the other bunch has been loose for about 6 or 7 years. Lots of them!!

hunter11
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Alright boys take your panties out of your ass crack cause it's causing you guys to squeal like a pig. Anyways you guys don't want boar and obviously I'm not the one in control of that.So just chill. Eat your moose and deer. Relax.:cool:

sawmill
12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Sucks when everybody jumps on you,don`t it:biggrin:Anyway I do agree with them,some asshole released northern pike into one of our trout lakes here(Ha Has Lake) and now the lake is closed and probably will be piosoned to stop the beasts from spreading and wiping out the trout locally.

hunter11
12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I understand that not every topic is going to be responded with good comments but it's just a topic.Something to chat about.

bruin
12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't agree with everyone jumping on you about this either, you are entitled to your opinion. but I don't want a bunch of pigs running around the bush for the same reasons most of the guys have already stated.
If you want to hunt a pig, go to a farm and for an extra cost they will probably let one out in a field so you can shoot, its about the same as a canned hunt in my opinion.
This thread is gonna be great!

Gateholio
12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Nobody is "jumping on" anyone...

Someone asked for opinions, and he got tyhem, Just turned out it wasn't the opinions that he preferred. Whatever...

bighornbob
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
If were going to introduce anything, about Pronghorns around Kamloops:-P

BHB

KevinB
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Alright boys take your panties out of your ass crack cause it's causing you guys to squeal like a pig. Anyways you guys don't want boar and obviously I'm not the one in control of that.So just chill. Eat your moose and deer. Relax.:cool:

when you came out with a statement like "I don't care if there invasive but they taste better than some of the species here" ...well you should have expected to get dogpiled a bit. I'm surprised you didn't get pounded on a lot harder. I think everyone was pretty polite given the circumstances. ;)

Gatehouse Kirby BCRams and the others gave you all the information that you should need to realize why introducing wild boar (or any one of a number of other highly invasive species) to BC would be a bad idea. I have nothing much to add as my answer would be the same as theirs. I too would like to hunt boar, but I'm glad I have to go somewhere else to do it!

KevinB
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I understand that not every topic is going to be responded with good comments

They WERE good comments...they weren't "positive" but they were good...

Nailgunslinger
12-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Heres a good place to go in Canada if you want to hunt boars....and you have some cash you need to burn.

http://www.bigtusks.com/

daycort
12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Introducing boar to BC, would be one of the worse things for BC Hunters todo. If anyone thinks it would be cool is as stupid as a bass fisherman introducing bass to salmon waters. You want boar go fly somewhere and hunt them.

Down south they introduced boar and they are wishing they never did!

The thing is boys they are here (7b) and doing very well:sad:. Still would be fun to go shoot with the bow:smile:.

Nailgunslinger
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
The thing is boys they are here (7b) and doing very well:sad:. Still is fun to go shoot with the bow:smile:.

They are ? On crown land or easy going landowners? PM me where Please:-P. I'll be going up there for sure.

tuom
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I heard years ago there was a small population of wild pigs on the west side of Kamloops lake. Anyone else hear that rumour?
If they introduce wild boars they should make it a spear only hunt :o. Give those poor pigs a fighting chance.

brotherjack
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
If they introduce wild boars they should make it a spear only hunt :o. Give those poor pigs a fighting chance.

When my father was a young man fresh off the farm in the deep south (U.S.), he often fed his family by hunting pigs armed only with a knife (he couldn't afford a gun or anything back then). He said the trick was, you find your pig, and then you start after it on foot at about as fast a pace as you can keep up for at least half an hour or more. Keep after him, and after half an hour or so, the pig will get tired of running from you and stop. Walk up, knife pig - done. He said they used to "eat everything but the squeal" when they got a pig. I've never let him describe to me exactly what he means by that. :)

Thunderstix
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm guessing you mean Boar? as in Russian boars? pigs? I don't believe there has ever been a native population and would defiantly not support one being introduced. Just look at the southern states to get an idea of how destructive they are.

Kirby

Maybe they'll eat the Pine Beetles?!:lol:

Kirby
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I heard years ago there was a small population of wild pigs on the west side of Kamloops lake. Anyone else hear that rumour?

years ago(20-30) there was a pig farm(from the tuberculosis hospital) that had some pigs escape, they were there for awhile but were killed off. There hasn't been a confirmed wild pig there in years but the rumors persist.

Kirby

Seeadler
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
We do not need pigs running around this province. Ask the guys in Alberta and Saskatchewan what they think of them.

Wildfoot
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
if we are going to introduce any sort of species it better be frickin dinosaurs or zombies.

KevinB
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
The thing is boys they are here (7b) and doing very well:sad:. Still would be fun to go shoot with the bow:smile:.

Are they an isolated population or have they come in from Alberta? If they are isolated as a result of a local escape/release, I'm surprised there isn't some kind of program to eradicate them...as it is there should be some effort expended to keep them from spreading. I'm surprised they haven't at the very least been given Schedule C status.

daycort
12-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Are they an isolated population or have they come in from Alberta? If they are isolated as a result of a local escape/release, I'm surprised there isn't some kind of program to eradicate them...as it is there should be some effort expended to keep them from spreading. I'm surprised they haven't at the very least been given Schedule C status.

In both cases it has been farming gone bad. The one bunch pretty much runs on crownland. the other runs on private land mostly and the local ranchers try to get rid of them. The thing is the breed so fast that the population kinda just stays the same. I know of a couple friends that have gone out in the past months and have shot the sh!t out of them.

Scottish Warrior
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I can tell ya of two different places in the north peace that have russian boars running around on the loose. the one bunch have survived on there own for the past 17 years or so and the other bunch has been loose for about 6 or 7 years. Lots of them!!

OK then tell us. Lets get after em!

Stone Sheep Steve
12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I know a guy that shot one on private land last year near Cherryville. Doesn't take long for them to go back to their wild ways.

Daycourt-Aren't Pike native to the East Slope of the Rockies? There's a big natural divider in the way and, as far as I can remember, fish can't swim over mountains like animals can walk.

SSS

daycort
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Daycourt-Aren't Pike native to the East Slope of the Rockies? There's a big natural divider in the way and, as far as I can remember, fish can't swim over mountains like animals can walk.

SSS

sorry SSS, I was reffering to the pigs.

daycort
12-18-2007, 06:03 PM
OK then tell us. Lets get after em!

I will see what the local ranchers say about a massacre. I think for the most part it is just fun for the local boys.

Will
12-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Has there ever been a wild bore population in bc?
Yes ! :-P

Rambo Speared one near Hope quite a few years ago..........:lol:

mark
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM

You made a joke, but growing up we had a cabin on harrison lake. My dad and grandpa used to hunt up there lots and told me that they saw pigs once in a while. Was a long time ago, Ive been told recently that theres a few pigs kicking around the hills here in Kelowna, anyone else heard that!

YukonJack
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM

LOL! Ha...once again, a great chuckle for the day!

Go to California or Hawaii for pigs.....Mmmm wild boar...8)

Scottish Warrior
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM

LMAO! :razz::razz:

RMG
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I read an article on feral critters in BC. several years ago. It mentioned some wild pigs, in or near the Golden Ears Park. The article was quite vague about them, has anyone heard of such

ruger#1
12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
some farm lost some pigs around the 80s .i think it was on the american side they went wild and were in the skagit valley , i think . one of dads buddies shot one, he said it tasted awful. i think all the rest were shot before they could get established . this was in the early 80s

wolverine
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM

When I was in Hawaii a number of years ago I was befriended by one of the locals who invited me one weekend on a pig hunt. I said I was certainly interested but I didn't have a firearm along and I didn't think that Hawaian game laws would let me hunt let alone possess a gun which wasn't mine. He laughed at me and told me that they didn't use guns. BOWS! I thought. Cool! Nope, he said they used knives. He explained that they would do a spot and chase. When they spotted a boar they would start chasing this critter and keep at it until it went to it's den to escape. Then one of them would get above the hole to the den and with knife drawn wait to stick the bugger. He said they would make a ruckus and poke sticks and stuff into the den to piss the boar off and when he came out on the door step.......buddy with the knife would end the game. I told him I thought they were a little nuts. He couldn't get over the fact that I hunted for bears and and I didn't want to tangle with a pig. Yeah, but I don't hunt bears with a knife! Anyway, I thought it was kinda cool that that was the traditional Hawaiian way of hunting pigs. Apparently the hills of Maui are full of 'em and they would prefer if they weren't. Destructive little buggers. Might have to take my bow along next time, that could be fun. :-P

Will
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
You made a joke, but.....
I wasn't implying that there is or is not Pigs running amock throughout BC, just having a laugh:rolleyes:
.....far too many Pig Farms have come and gone for there not to have been some escapees at one time or another.;-)

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
When I was canoing down the Kettle river a few years ago I heard a wild squealing pig ,and as I steered my canoe through some rapids I looked up the hill in some dense bush and saw FisherDude smiling like a butchers dog,it made shiver and I have never returned to that god forsaken hillbilly country.:(

Pioneerman
12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
The first few years of my hunting life ,We knew of pigs out in the Chilliwack area, this is almost 30 years ago. I called the CO and talked to him and he said there was a group that was intending to have a wild boar/ranch hunting area and they went broke and let the pigs go. They were running wild in the hills back through Harrison, and further back. He told me that they were very hard to find, but some guys were getting one now and then. He also said they were tearing up the ground where ever they went and freshly disturbed ground and rooted out plants were the best place to start hunting.I assume they are all hunted out now, or they have been bear, cougar and wolf food long ago.

greasysidedown
12-19-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't want to see anything else introduced new to BC. But it's funny nobody brought this up. I was under the impression that all the bison in BC were {are} originally escaped from a ranch.

Will
12-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't want to see anything else introduced new to BC. But it's funny nobody brought this up. I was under the impression that all the bison in BC were {are} originally escaped from a ranch.
Not 100% sure as to the Bison's BC origins.......however they are a "Native" species to much of Western Canada.

Domestic or Wild Pigs for that matter are not ! Here in lies the dillemma :wink:

mrdoog
12-19-2007, 02:41 AM
"It mentioned some wild pigs, in or near the Golden Ears Park."

-They were in Golden Ears Park the years before the Merritt Mountain Music Festival started.
Easy to find, just look the JR93 sticker.
They were easy to call in: Surrrrreyyyyy, Surrrrrrreyyy,

loki
12-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Heres a good place to go in Canada if you want to hunt boars....
http://www.bigtusks.com/

So glad I still had time to get my nomination in for crappiest website of the year award. This thing seriously burnt my eyes with the uglyness of it all... crappiest site of the year.

This is one species I don't mind going elsewhere in the world to hunt, we don't need 'em.

MichelD
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I worked with a guy last year who was convinced the pigs were still along the Harrison Lake shore.

Elk in the Chilcotin?

Chilco Choate lobbied for years to reintroduce them there, but the owners of the Gang Ranch and the Forest Service wouldn't permit it.

Fisher-Dude
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
When I was canoing down the Kettle river a few years ago I heard a wild squealing pig ,and as I steered my canoe through some rapids I looked up the hill in some dense bush and saw FisherDude smiling like a butchers dog,it made shiver and I have never returned to that god forsaken hillbilly country.:(

You were hallucinating from the feverish infection that "lady" gave you when you were boozin in the Prospector Pub the night before. Anyone know a good doctor that can help BHF get rid of it? :cool:

Will
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
You were hallucinating from the feverish infection that "lady" gave you when you were boozin in the Prospector Pub the night before. Anyone know a good doctor that can help BHF get rid of it? :cool:
Sounds Like Dimensia brought on by a long bout with Syphilis........

300H&H
12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I believe the topic of wild pigs has come up befor. And some members said that there are wild pigs around the lower mainland. They also said they talked to the COs and it was OK to shoot them (no season or tag needed).

Mark - I think the only wild pigs in Kelowna, left town when the WILLOW INN closed. ;) But on the serious side I think I did here about a sighting some years ago.

Gamebuster
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I worked with a guy last year who was convinced the pigs were still along the Harrison Lake shore.

Elk in the Chilcotin?

Chilco Choate lobbied for years to reintroduce them there, but the owners of the Gang Ranch and the Forest Service wouldn't permit it.

They're already there...just a matter of time before we get to hunt 'em

Elk seem to be spreadin out all over

Sideofabarn
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I can think of a few hundred thousand acres back in Australia where wild pigs have been very destructive. Non-native species are almost always a bad idea. Where I grew up, the exotics are extremely prevalent, to the point where native species are a rare sight. The list includes, but is not limited to: all salmonid fish species, rabbits, hares, foxes, pigs, goats, camels, donkeys, horses, black rats, field mice, sparrows, starlings, blackbirds, carp, perch, cats, cane toads; and those are just off the top of my head, and do not include invasive plant species. Do not import this stuff anywhere, it spells disaster for the natives. However, I know the original question asked if there were any here, I just had to rant about non native species... I wish people would get this through their heads... Not a personal slight though hunter11

phoenix
12-20-2007, 08:32 PM
There used to be a russian boar ranch south and west of OK Falls quite a few years back, off White Lake Road as I remember. My aunt was a good friend of the owners and we used to stop in and get some meat when we were in the area, very tasty. I have heard that that place went under and some of the boars were let loose, I don't know if they ever started a breeding population though. There were wild pigs on the east side of Harrison 30 years ago, used to see them and the damage they caused when we used to go there dirt biking and 4 wheeling. Never hunted them, I always thought I should have. I don't know if they are still there or not.
Kim

ruger#1
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
lots of deer in that wildboar ranches feild now a days.

wolverine
12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
"It mentioned some wild pigs, in or near the Golden Ears Park."

-They were in Golden Ears Park the years before the Merritt Mountain Music Festival started.
Easy to find, just look the JR93 sticker.
They were easy to call in: Surrrrreyyyyy, Surrrrrrreyyy,
:lol:Now that's freakin' hilarious! True... and hilarious!:lol:

stickbow
12-21-2007, 01:52 AM
You made a joke, but growing up we had a cabin on harrison lake. My dad and grandpa used to hunt up there lots and told me that they saw pigs once in a while. Was a long time ago, Ive been told recently that theres a few pigs kicking around the hills here in Kelowna, anyone else heard that!
I remember hearing about the harrison herd but have'nt heard anything in the last 10 years or so

kaptkannon
12-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Part of the problem with introducing wild boar.

Domestic pigs that have escaped from farms or were allowed to forage in the wild, and in some cases wild boars which were introduced as prey for hunting, have given rise to large populations of feral pigs in North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii and other areas where pigs are not native. Accidental or deliberate releases of pigs into countries or environments where they are an alien species have caused extensive environmental change. Their omnivorous diet, aggressive behaviour and their feeding method of rooting in the ground all combine to severely alter ecosystems unused to pigs. Pigs will even eat small animals and destroy nests of ground nesting birds.The Invasive Species Specialist Group lists feral pigs on the list of the world's 100 worst invasive species and says about them:
“Feral pigs like other introduced mammals are major drivers of extinction and ecosystem change. They have been introduced into many parts of the world, and will damage crops and home gardens as well as potentially spreading disease. They uproot large areas of land, eliminating native vegetation and spreading weeds. This results in habitat alteration, a change in plant succession and composition and a decrease in native fauna dependent on the original habitat.”

hunter11
12-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys and girls for all info and tips on where to hunt these pigs. Anyways, no hard feelings and thanks for the input. Cheers.:smile:

Mik
02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Gatehouse,

First of all I'm quite satisfied with the hunting in BC but why not give it a thought even if it's in a controlled environment. I don't care if there invasive but they taste better than some of the species here. It's just my opinion.
They will Always find a way out!
About a week ago on the discovery channel there was a great show on wild boars and it even went as far as linking the southern states boars that are now cross breeding with a few russian boars that some schmuck imported and let loose. They are Very Aggressive and have even started to break into homes, charging everything in sight, including humans....crazy!

Darwin
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Introducing Boar would be a dam bad idea. I lived in the South (Georgia) for many years and the wild pig problem is in some places almost an epidemic. They can destoy a penut field in a day or any crop field.
They will! breed with domestic pigs wich will in most cases can double or better there size. Wild pigs Can inflict a terrible wound should they choose to defend there area (might be your garden) And in couver they are FAST. In the area I lived, I hunted them with dogs and a knife but always had a pistol as back up for the bigger ones. Catch dogs will pin em to the ground. as long as you get there back legs elevated and flip em on there side then a knife stick, scramble and its over.
I must say they made for good gator bait:-D

Bugle M In
02-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Yup, east of Harrison Lake is what I was told.
They tried to kill them off, and yes, it was from a farm, that released them after beckoming broke or disgruntled about not be allowed to have them.
Yes, they do tear up the ground big time, and breed like rabbits as well.
It sure would have been hard to kill them off.
And Yes, they would NOT be good for BC.

Having said that ....

They are in fact pretty tasty.....The Eupoean Boar ( Russian )
They can get large...200 kilos +
They are mean....if you wound one, they will take off, find a place to hide
facing the direction they just ran from, and will wait!!...have to be
careful in that situation.

Yes, they are a lot of fun to hunt!
I've taken 2 while visiting in Germany.
You hunt them at night!...preferably on a full moon, from a 30 - 40 ft
high treestand.....and with NO FLASHLIGHTS / PITLAMPING /
NIGHTVISION
Shooting shadows!
And yes, only the best optics will do!!
Tasty, and Fun, But Bad for BC.

yukon john
02-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Ive heard from some hunters of mine from down south that they will go nocturnal making them hard to get and they can double the poulation every 3 months...... that has vermin written all over it

eaglesnester
02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
I have hunted them in Germany. They are large, tough, mean and dangerous. They are also delicious and exciting to hunt. Now having said that and going along with what other posters have said, "they are also very damaging to the environment. Down in the lower 48 they got a pig bomb going off. The populations have exploded, the Asian boar are cross breeding with the domestic pigs and they got a pigzilla type of hog, they are huge, aggressive, and of course dangerous. They are killing off local wild animals and causing huge economic losses to the farmers. It is nearly impossible to keep a wild boar fenced in. They will just dig under any type of enclosure, destroy the fence and escape. Wish I know where to hunt them.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Howa
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
there used to be a wild Boar ranch west of edmonton that the population got loose .... they have beaten the hell outta the area ...and are considered Varments ...Ie; no license neededI guess it's time for my first post. Hi all!

If you're referring to Hog Wild (http://www.hogwild.ab.ca/) near Mayerthorpe, it's very much alive and well. I was just there a month ago:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/howapics/IMG_1821_2.png

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/howapics/IMG_1832.png

I'm not a strictly a fan of fenced hunting, but it was a family thing and I didn't really think of it as hunting in the classical sense. More of a farm harvest. Still quite the experience though, and the owner and his wife are fantastic people.

Earl Hagman runs about 300-400 Russian wild boars on 160 acres, and they're very much wild. They also don't like being cornered, and they are potentially lethal if they turn on you. But they usually don't, except in the 10-acre archery area.

As for boars escaping, people cut his fence regularly. They want to hunt the boars for free. He's actually put in cameras due to people just pulling over on the road and shooting a boar in a field for kicks. There's no self-sustaining population in the area because the climate is too harsh. Earl's boars are fed straight barley and the meat is lean, tender, and amazing. He sells 1000 a year to gourmet restaurants all over the world.

The "hunting" experience was pretty other-worldly: they grow up to 700lbs, they're smart and cautious and hard to track. They make wild roaring and fighting sounds all around you as you walk through the bush, but they know how to stay out of sight.

Earl says that a big portion of the folks who have been there once go every year.

As for the thread topic, wild populations are utterly destructive! And dangerous. The cull in Germany last year was 450 000 (!!) and they're a total menace to other animals and humans. They're smart, hardy, nocturnal, and mean. If you see a wild boar or feral hog in the bush, SHOOT IT. Period.

Cheers!

HOWA

yamadirt 426
02-17-2010, 09:24 AM
That looks like some good eats there good on ya. But I read no joke in your first post and that is the tradition around here. So lets have her.

Martin_Hunter
02-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Has there ever been a wild bore population in bc? Or has there ever been a thought of beginning a bore season? I know that back home in europe these animals are huge and tasty. Lots of them to hunt ;so just wondering if you guys and girls have any opinions or suggestions?

I knew a hunter back in 2003,and he told me he had seen some bores around a like in BC somewhere.He said a farmer set some pigs free around that area many years ago.Unfortunately I don't remember the lake's name at the moment.

I know he was honest,cause he was not even interested in shooting bores.
If I remember the lake's name,I'll post it here asap.

Howa
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
That looks like some good eats there good on ya. But I read no joke in your first post and that is the tradition around here. So lets have her.Q: How many hippies does it take to feed a wild Boar?

A: Depends how hungry he is.

Ruggedroast
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I just posted on a newer thread about this as well but here it goes again. I've recently heard of a population around pitt lake. I don't have confirmation yet but I'm working on it. A friend of mine was heading up recently, haven't talked to him since. I was also thinking that if they are a shoot on site animal in BC they might be a good winter hunt. Throw the snowshoes on and have at it !!!