PDA

View Full Version : bc pride

sealevel
12-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Come on you spot shooters over on the bowzone distance shoot
there`s some trad guys ringers.... from all over the US OF A going to show us wheely bow shooters up. And theres only 3 of us we need some pride of bc.

Bow Walker
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I think that the only "mail in" shooting is done in Cowichan Bowmen's clubhouse - here on the Rock that is. I don't recall any Spot League shooting here in Vic. at all. I wish there was a league and a venue for shooting though. It's going to be a long winter.

sealevel
12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
no its a spot shot over on the bowzone we need some bc shooters . Its just a fun thing .

Bowzone_Mikey
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
c'mon Walker ...

its just shoot a vegas round submit the scores to the wookie ... a fun participation thing ....
if we can round up some swag we'll throw it around as well

sealevel
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
beside that there`s a bunch of merican stickbow shooters think they can outdo us .

Bow Walker
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
The only place that I can shoot anything approaching Vegas Spots is in my backyard - and then I've got to do a "poop patrol" first.

No witnesses, no scoring confirmation, etc...

sealevel
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
bowwalker honor systum all for fun and some good trash talk. and you are all ready a member of bowzone .

Bow Walker
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a plan - can you email me the "rules" and format? Stuff like when do the scores need to be in, how often am I supposed to shoot, can I recruit a couple of new members??

Or - is it all posted over on BZ?

sealevel
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
http://forum.bowzone.ca/showthread.php?t=7330 heres the link . and yes recrute any BCer how about your brother the BS-er

willyqbc
12-19-2007, 12:08 PM
sorry boys.....recovering from wrist surgery or I would be in, givem hell for me!!

Chris

threedhunter
12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
sealevel, i'll try to post a sacore or two, threedhunter:wink::wink::evil:

jessbennett
12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
k merv......... lets do this... lol:cool:

Bow Walker
12-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Any other BC archers out there who want to have a bit of fun? How about...

The Hermit - Bill
Nobby - John
3D4Me - ??
blaker_99 - Blake
bochunk2000 - Steve
bowx4 - ??
hutch - Chris
mistx - Gimly:wink:
Nails - Todd
Oldtimer - Mike
Ron C. - Ron
Spokerider - Marc
timberhunter - Marc
Chris76239 - ??
115 or bust - ??
Bigbear - ??
Blk Arrow - ??
pupper - ??
swamper - ??
Kirby - ??
Untouchable - ??
Brambles - ??
Remington - ??
superkill - ??
xtremearchery - ??
ALC - ??
p&p - ??
sammy99 - Samantha
willyqbc - Chris - injured reserve.
Kitimat Killer - ??
cable guy - ??
rocksteady - ??

Any others that shoot Compound?

How about Eagle1 - Bill

What do you guy's do for a bit of practice shooting until the 3D's start up in earnest?? :roll:

This could be a hoot. 8)

jessbennett
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
first card for me today, 288, inner ten.
(hopefully it gets better. hehehee):wink:

Bow Walker
12-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Practising already? I'm going to start on about the 3rd or 4th myself. Looking forward to all the banter.

sealevel
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
bowwalker i have been trying to recrute --heavydart-- he`s allways on AT ... he pm me a week ago saying he was interrested ..havn`t heard from him since

Bow Walker
12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Hope he logs on and sees this thread - or the other one that I started. Diller, where can I download the target face(s)??

sealevel
12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
do a search on AT i think there`s a site .

Bow Walker
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Here's the link for the Vegas type targets, plus more.

XPrint11.zip (http://www.huntsvillearcheryclub.com/XPrint11.zip)

oldtimer
12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Do you have to be a member of BowZone ??

Bow Walker
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Mike - it's as easy as signing up here...and as painless. To answer you question - yes you need to be a member over there to enter and play.

Are you up for it? Going to shoot compound?

oldtimer
12-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Well I just signed up on Bowzone so we will try and fling a few arrows.
Yes Dan, compound ,no scope and short stabilizer but really ,really fat arrows. Mike

Bow Walker
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Good luck with the telephone poles Mike!

BowSitter
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Mike,
I am going to do it as well, and my arrows will be like telephone poles too Lol........Ron

Bow Walker
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
The official team roster to date...

Dillershortbow Team BC
Mikey Team BC
FOTCH Team BC
Bow Walker Team BC
efford1 Team BC
Canuck2 Team BC
Bigbear53 Team BC
jessterbennett Team BC
oldtimer Team BC
BowSitter Team BC

Still not too late to enter your name to be part of the team that opens up a big ole can o whoopass over there in the eastern part of the country! ;-)

oldtimer
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Well did a practise for the first time with new arrows and with kisser button not yet set and I had a hell of a time finding my pin in bad lite( let me see what other excuses I can use ) Terrible 275 but I promise Guys I will do better. Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Mike ... I got a brite surefire light that you can use to find that pin ...;)

oldtimer
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I have a lite for my 3D pins but it doesn't fit my target sight, not sure the size but I would really like a light for indoors. I will try and figure out what sight configuration i have at the end of my sure loc. Chris put it together for me. Mike

Ron.C
01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm in, just registered with Bowzone. Never shot spots or any sort of target league before. Should be interesting!!!

Ron

Ron.C
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Forgot to ask a couple things. When scoring these targets, do you just submit your score, or do you submit the score and the # of x's as well? I want to make sure I submit the score properly. And is everyone submitting directly to Bowzone or to someone on this site? thanks

Ron

Bow Walker
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
As far as I know Ron the scores go right to Wookie over on BZ - and yes, I'd submit the X's too. They're most likely used in the event of a tie.

TEAM BC COMPOUND;
Dillershortbow Team BC
Mikey Team BC
FOTCH Team BC
Bow Walker Team BC
efford1 Team BC
Canuck2 Team BC
Bigbear53 Team BC
jessterbennett Team BC
oldtimer Team BC
BowSitter Team BC
Ron.C Team BC

Sharpshooters one and all.

Is everyone downloading and printing their targets? A couple of shooters are wondering where to get targets...

Bowzone_Mikey
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Forgot to ask a couple things. When scoring these targets, do you just submit your score, or do you submit the score and the # of x's as well? I want to make sure I submit the score properly. And is everyone submitting directly to Bowzone or to someone on this site? thanks

Ron

Ron ... the score is Vegas scoring ...so large 10 ring and X count ....

Pm your scores to "Wookie" on Bowzone every week before sunday 11pm Pacific time.

He will be in the Antarctic for the next 3 weeks tho fixing one of his airplanes ...but the other Site admin and mods (Scooter ...However I think it may be passed onto me ...) will keep the score sheet going ....

Bowzone_Mikey
01-08-2008, 06:15 PM
There's a few confused first time shooters on Team BC. Along with the confusion there's a couple of questions about scoring and/or equipment.
To summarize - and please correct me (gently) if I'm wrong about anything. Remember, it's my first time too.
Scoring:
Vegas Spot targets shot from a distance of 18 meters - or 19.7 yards.
Total of 30 arrows (10 ends of 3 arrows per end).
Scoring goes like this -
inner ring = 10X
next ring out = 10
next ring = 9
next ring = 8
after that - don't bother sending your score in :-P:shock:
One score per shooter per week...sent in to Wookie. PM it.
Equipment:
Just about anything goes. Scopes w/ lenses, clarifiers, verifiers, peeps, kissers, string walking, no restrictions on bow spec, arrow weight, arrow speed, etc...........in other words - "smoke 'em if ya got 'em!"
All that is required is honesty, a sense of humour, a keen eye, oh - did I mention honesty?
Hows that? Did I miss anything? Get anything wrong? BTW - Bowzone Mikey is Team BC Capitano.

thats exactly correct Walker
I wanna know where the captain vote came in ....and where the hell i was?

actually ... If ya'll on Team BC wanna PM me you scores by Noonish on Sundays I will compile them and forward them on .....
Makes things easy for those that dont regularly veiw the Bowzone .... Which ya'll should !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Bow Walker
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
thats exactly correct Walker
I wanna know where the captain vote came in ....and where the hell i was?

actually ... If ya'll on Team BC wanna PM me you scores by Noonish on Sundays I will compile them and forward them on .....
Makes things easy for those that dont regularly veiw the Bowzone .... Which ya'll should !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

See - you're doin' the work - now you got the title to go with the job. :rolleyes:

Bowzone_Mikey
01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
amazing what happens when yer Volun-told ...huh?

Bow Walker
01-08-2008, 08:15 PM
:roll::mrgreen::roll::mrgreen: