PDA

View Full Version : Caribou around Dease

25tikka
12-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I am planning a caribou hunt with my father inlaw next fall. Is there a decent population around the dease lake area? I was in the area last fall and noticed a healthy moose population but not too many caribou.

talver
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
not to hijack your thread but hows the access around dease lake area, is there many roads logging or mining,

Sitkaspruce
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
There is a few, but there is better east and west of Dease.

PM me if you want some info, have been up a few times and have had good luck every time.

There is some info on this subjest in some past posts, just do a search. Also some other guys on here have done really well in the same area and will give you some good advice.

SS

Orangethunder
12-18-2007, 11:18 AM
not to hijack your thread but hows the access around dease lake area, is there many roads logging or mining,

There is some access but it is quite limited compared to the southern part of our province. Discussions with some locals gave me the impression that lots of quads have been pounding the area in the last couple of years.

As for caribou, yes they are there and in decent numbers. We glassed legal bulls right from the highway. Its by no means a gimme but if you put in the leg work and spend some time glassing you should find some decent bulls.

hunter11
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
From this site I've heard there is a large pop of Caribou around there.

srupp
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
We shot a world record caribou there 3 years ago fly out of DEASE..with Chuckls....

steven

MattB
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
That 'bou was a worlds record? :confused:

bighornbob
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
It was no world record, but it did qualify for the B&C record book.

BHB