PDA

View Full Version : Okanogan HBC meet

irishbandit1
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi all I was wondering if any other members have the time and would like to get together for a meet and greet.Kelowna being central could act as a location I realize the holiday season is fairly busy for every one so I am looking for suggestions on a date as well as a location.Depending on the amount of people my wife thought a potluck function at Lacasse de Irishbandit {my house} might be an option.Due to the season I think the backyard bbq is out,so if high numbers are to be expected I was thinking a pub night.At any rate let me know what you think and I'll see what I can do to set a firm date and location,merry x-mas to all 'Bandit.

WoodOx
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Honestly the new year would be best for me...

Theres quite a few of us in the OK so get others suggestions

Cheers

mtnmax
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
all booked up until the new year,,into a pub night for sure

mark
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
A pub night is great for winter, bar,b,que in the summer. I too would be in for the new year!

Pete
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I would be into a meet and greet sometime in the new year. Kind of tough over Christmas and New Years.
Cheers
Pete

Stone Sheep Steve
12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
As much as I prefer to spend my time amongst fellow hunters over family:roll:, post-new year would be best for me.

SSS

phoenix
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
New year good for me also, pub night for sure. Woody's in Lake Country is owned by Cory of http://deercanada.com/ fame!!! Be good to show him where all the real hunters hang,lol!
Kim

boxhitch
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Maybe the Big Room at the Kelowna Gun Clubhouse ? Cheap beer, show and tell, flea market, BBQ on the deck, Dial-a-waitress, etc ??

irishbandit1
12-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Great idea but do you need a membership?

Sharkey
12-17-2007, 11:28 PM
New year good for me also, pub night for sure. Woody's in Lake Country is owned by Cory of http://deercanada.com/ fame!!! Be good to show him where all the real hunters hang,lol!
Kim

Woody's also has a Big Buck Hunter game.... :wink:
~D

threedhunter
12-18-2007, 12:31 AM
new year for me be best, late jan, early feb. keep us posted, thanks, threedhunter:lol::cool:

beeker
12-18-2007, 02:54 AM
i'm in for anytime in the new year.

hannibal
12-18-2007, 07:08 AM
New year, I'm in. I'm guessing we would shoot for a friday or saturday night?

calvin L
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
I AM IN SO I CAN SEE WHAT REAL HUNTERS LOOK LIKE !:eek: JUST NAME THE TIME & PLACE

calvin L

GoatGuy
12-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I AM IN SO I CAN SEE WHAT REAL HUNTERS LOOK LIKE !:eek: JUST NAME THE TIME & PLACE

calvin L

If you're bringing all your gear to sell it off I'm in. :-P

calvin L
12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Goat -guy I thought you did not have any cash left over from the new house, diesel truck, horses or $hiters , and that great big ring on the good looking girls hand .{I didn't let the cat out of the bag did I just before christmas too } ?:oops: Could there be some extra $ in all the work you have been doing for all of us hunters (and want to be hunters ) Anyways you would not lower yourself to using the crap I do :razz:

calvin L

Stone Sheep Steve
12-18-2007, 10:27 PM
[quote=calvin L;219829]I AM IN SO I CAN SEE WHAT REAL HUNTERS LOOK LIKE !
calvin L[quote]

Doesn't this guy look like a real hunter??
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/2007GrizzHunt041.jpg

Notice the week of facial growth, unfeeling stare, ice water flowing through his veins no doubt, quality animal lifeless at his feet, with archery gear no less8).........................................and full of lies!!!:mrgreen:
Definitely a real hunter for sure!!!:D

SSS

Fisher-Dude
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Notice the week of facial growth, unfeeling stare, ice water flowing through his veins no doubt, quality animal lifeless at his feet, with archery gear no less8).........................................and full of lies!!!
Definitely a real hunter for sure!!!:D

SSS

Looks more like a guy that just had a rough night sleepin' double in the Loveshack. :-?

Wildfoot
12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
calamity and I would be interested sometime in the new year

irishbandit1
12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Well it looks like the new year is best for everyone,and I agree.Lets keep the ideas going as far as a location thats suitable for everyone.Saturday would likely be the best day for most I take it due to things such as travel,work,etc.Feel free to post or P.M. me with any ideas.Here's one from myself;I was thinking we could do a 50-50 draw with half the proceeds going to the HBC server fund.Let me know what you think,I look forward to this upcoming event,regards 'Bandit.

GoatGuy
12-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Goat -guy I thought you did not have any cash left over from the new house, diesel truck, horses or $hiters , and that great big ring on the good looking girls hand .{I didn't let the cat out of the bag did I just before christmas too } ?:oops: Could there be some extra $ in all the work you have been doing for all of us hunters (and want to be hunters ) Anyways you would not lower yourself to using the crap I do :razz:

calvin L

Ring? You must have me completely and totally confused with somebody else. That's one-shot, he's planning on getting hitched, moving to europe, buying a pair a sandals and becoming an art --- 'person'.

No such thing as extra cash - I figured if you were liquidating I could put something together. Besides I don't use my stuff anyways, just like collecting it to say that I'm a hunter when I argue on internet forums.

How's about donating to a good cause?

GoatGuy
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
[quote=calvin L;219829]I AM IN SO I CAN SEE WHAT REAL HUNTERS LOOK LIKE !
calvin L[quote]

Notice the week of facial growth, unfeeling stare, ice water flowing through his veins no doubt, quality animal lifeless at his feet, with archery gear no less8).........................................and full of lies!!!
Definitely a real hunter for sure!!!

SSS

Looks about par for the course - HAPPY, real HAPPY!!!!!!!

I don't even know if that guy has teeth, never seen him smile. :razz:

bighornbob
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM

calvin L

Will the laminate or tile be done for you to get out:mrgreen:

BHB

one-shot-wonder
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Ring? You must have me completely and totally confused with somebody else. That's one-shot, he's planning on getting hitched, moving to europe, buying a pair a sandals and becoming an art --- 'person'.

Boys I would love to join in on the meeting but I have to go Hawaii in January. Sorry I am considering it part of my European trip training. Before I spend 2 months travelling the mediteranean I figure I better work on my speedo tan and my tennis game.:tongue:

I will have a crantini for you GG :oops:.......

beeker
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
As for location suggestions... I'm pretty sure Fisher Dude could use his VIP status at the north 40 saloon in Rutland and get as all in there. whaddya say?

phoenix
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
MMMMMMMM, crantini's. Me like too.
Kim

Fisher-Dude
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
As for location suggestions... I'm pretty sure Fisher Dude could use his VIP status at the north 40 saloon in Rutland and get as all in there. whaddya say?

Beeker, we're just gettin together for a BS session, we ain't goin' cougar huntin'! :p

valleycowboy
12-20-2007, 07:51 AM
new year sounds good to me as well.if you are lookin for a meeting place,i know the manager at mickies,i'm sure i could get her to rope off an area for a meeting.

Wildfoot
12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
wherever you pick.. make sure they sell good beer!

irishbandit1
12-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey Valleycowboy.can you see if yor friend at Mickies could rope off the dungeon downstairs for us.There should be enough room for us down there .Also see if she'll give us a break on beer and wing prices.Our hockey team used to go there when Mike was managing the pub and he would do it for us,never huts to try.I'll get back to you on a date and time,I'm thinking either the 19th or the 26th of Jan.And for Wildfoot I can't remember if I ever had a bad beer:lol:

Wildfoot
12-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Wildfoot I can't remember if I ever had a bad beer:lol:

lol.. so true.
as long as the number before the decimal is 5 or greater .. its all good!

valleycowboy
12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
i'll be in the later today.i'll check with her.i'm sure she will give us some type of break on wings and beer.

valleycowboy
12-22-2007, 07:54 AM
if you are interested,she says a couple free jugs(beer),and 25 cent wings.

waistdeep
12-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I would like to see the gun club used. Members or not we should be able to use it.

Fisher-Dude
12-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Problem with using the gun club is threefold: firstly the rental fee, and secondly the fact that there is liability surrounding alcohol, and thirdly who is gonna cook the food that will be required when these boys and girls need fuel to keep the BS flowing? Better to gather at a pub where there's no rental, the pub assumes liability for serving the alcohol, and the food is prepared. Of course, your pops cost more at the pub I'm sure...

We've held a few in the past at a pub, and it was great.

Sharkey
12-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Problem with using the gun club is threefold: firstly the rental fee, and secondly the fact that there is liability surrounding alcohol, and thirdly who is gonna cook the food that will be required when these boys and girls need fuel to keep the BS flowing? Better to gather at a pub where there's no rental, the pub assumes liability for serving the alcohol, and the food is prepared. Of course, your pops cost more at the pub I'm sure...

We've held a few in the past at a pub, and it was great.

You forgot to mention the fact that someone would also have to clean up after all the BS'ing. Pub gets my vote!
~D

Fisher-Dude
12-23-2007, 11:11 AM
You forgot to mention the fact that someone would also have to clean up after all the BS'ing. Pub gets my vote!
~D

Right! That stuff can get knee-deep. I for one ain't cleaning THAT up! :-o

irishbandit1
12-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi all,just awaiting confirmation on reservations tentativly looking at Sat. Jan19 for those coming from out of town.I will post all info next week.Enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas to all,'Bandit.:biggrin: