PDA

View Full Version : Texada island

NIHunter
12-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey guys going to be heading for Texada island the first week of January for bow hunting any suggestions ,places to stay ,roads etc...would be helpful...never been there before....

Laurence_Erickson
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Just be careful there ,I hear it is over run with leaf lickers.

N-W-Redneck
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Not a bow hunter myself, but I hunt Fraggle Rock every year. Are you planning to camp or looking for accomodation? There's only one hotel on the island, but if you're camping you're almost unlimited. Some of the major roads are shown in the regs in the smaller detail maps for each region.
And yes, there are alot of granola crunching types over there, but the worst I've ever had to deal with is some b*tching and moaning about poor bambi. Make sure you've got your tags before you get there, as they are not sold on the island.
Good luck!:D

BCKID
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
NIHunter
We hunted the lower end of Texada years ago and we found there was a lot of ticks on the deer. Not sure about the top end. BCKID

wsm
12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
found the same thing bckid

fuzzwilkens
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Just be careful there ,I hear it is over run with leaf lickers.

I always wondered how much hassle we'd get if we hunted Texada.

NIHunter
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
So what u guys are saying is I should go buy a Sherman tank to cruise around the island safely........with arrow ports out the sides ....oh ya no shooting from vehicle...

N-W-Redneck
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
It's really not that bad.

An APC will do. :D

FLHTCUI
12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I thought the general store sold tags on the Rock?
The timber company has a program where you pay a fee and you get access to all of the locked gated roads. This info is found in the Hunting Regs, they have a contact number and such there.
http://www.texada-retreat.ca/

BTW , I have not hunted there , but was doing some looking for future considerations, the only trouble was work got in the way.
Other Draw back is you ahve to use the Ferry system to get there and that costs money.
Seasons Greetings to All
Rob
ps. Symon, nice buck !!!

Danny
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Check your PMs NIHUNTER.
Dan

NIHunter
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the pm let me know when your going on p.m. and we will see if we can hook up.....

Marlin375
12-24-2007, 10:11 PM
My buddy and I took his boat from Union Bay a few years back.
We camped on the beach on the west side of the island (north of the quarry)
We got one deer, ate seafood like kings, had to stay for three extra days because of the weather........had a blast, I would do it again.