PDA

View Full Version : Old Coleman stove and lantern parts

horshur
02-13-2024, 08:07 PM
Anybody have a source for older parts in Canada??? Having issues finding a supplier of parts..just plunger washer. Thanx! Andy

2chodi
02-13-2024, 08:43 PM
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/coleman-replacement-pump-cup-back-up-plate-for-stoves-and-fuel-tanks-0762335p.0762335.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw6yuBhDrARIsAC f94RVnldoRtg-zXWXCCG9Fh0aRR44VQ34fiXvp0rY83oAAcTA-e0szldsaAtUlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=363

cooter303
02-13-2024, 09:59 PM
old coleman parts in the usa. They ship to Canada. Other than then ebay?
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/

Edzzed
02-14-2024, 11:45 AM
If you can figure out the model number or any type of number on it, Google it. We had issues with our oven. Found the model number and googled it. Got a schematic and from there. Determined which part I needed. Now I had a part number. I googled the part number and Reliable in Kelowna wanted 210 plus shipping. Able parts in Indiana wanted 140 Canadian to my door all in total cost. Thanks to Able, My oven is fine now. Other sellers wanted anywhere from 140 to 250 plus. I even had a problem with my wife's car. I found the part number and it ranged from 60 to 150 but Amazon warehouse deals had one for 24.00 It will be here tomorrow. Point is, Google can help if you know some numbers and are willing to search

jeff341
02-15-2024, 05:10 PM
What are you looking for??

HappyJack
02-16-2024, 10:04 AM
Probably cheaper to just buy a new stove or lantern. Seems to be the way it goes if you need parts these days.

wideopenthrottle
02-16-2024, 10:13 AM
i picked up a whole new plunger assembly last year at CT for my coleman stove. I cant remember how much i paid but it didnt shock me or anything

Downwindtracker2
02-16-2024, 11:46 AM
For plungers, just oiling the leather usually does it. My mom would use cooking oil, but thin syn engine oil is my choice. For caps you'll need a new one. If you are losing pressure, I'll replace the cap. For stove generators, you just need to clean them. I've used steel wool and acetone. Check to make sure your tank is rust free inside.If it's rusty you have a parts stove. Lantern generators are a replacement item. If it needs a new glass, it's better to buy new lantern. They are a real pain to refurbish. Northern Hardware in PG use to have parts. By the time I added up my parts list to refurbish a 3 burner, for $20 more I bought a new one.

White gas Coleman stoves are great to cook on. Better than any kitchen range.

wideopenthrottle
02-16-2024, 12:09 PM
i think i saw a metal screen replacement globe for coleman lanterns..i only have a coleman stove (no lantern)
For plungers, just oiling the leather usually does it. My mom would use cooking oil, but thin syn engine oil is my choice. For caps you'll need a new one. If you are losing pressure, I'll replace the cap. For stove generators, you just need to clean them. I've used steel wool and acetone. Check to make sure your tank is rust free inside.If it's rusty you have a parts stove. Lantern generators are a replacement item. If it needs a new glass, it's better to buy new lantern. They are a real pain to refurbish. Northern Hardware in PG use to have parts. By the time I added up my parts list to refurbish a 3 burner, for $20 more I bought a new one.

wideopenthrottle
02-16-2024, 12:13 PM
my stove isnt that old (maybe 20 years) and plunger was a plastic/rubber type (not leather) that was too worn to get a good seal even nicely oiled. It wasnt too big a pain having to pump up in the middle of cooking a meal but somethings just wear out and have to be replaced

cdub
02-16-2024, 01:54 PM
We have a couple lanterns that i bought the mesh screens. No more broken glass.

i think i saw a metal screen replacement globe for coleman lanterns..i only have a coleman stove (no lantern)

wideopenthrottle
02-16-2024, 03:03 PM
we had two stoves side by side trying to boil same size crab pots on the beach and the white gas way out performed the propane..(got hotter faster )

Downwindtracker2
02-16-2024, 03:09 PM
I found the old Pierex (sp) wasn't too bad, tough glass. I ended up buying a lantern case form the Army&Navy so I never had a problem after that. But that shows how old my experiences were. I think the #411 Tourist stoves were a Canadian model. The Yanks had a bigger 2 burner stove #420 ???. I still use an early propane version, '74, of the #411Tourist stove for outdoor cooking with our travel trailer.

I would think about buying a garage sale stove just to get the plunger.

Downwindtracker2
02-16-2024, 03:20 PM
Going by a rather old memory, the white gas kicked out 22,000BTU and the propane only 18,000. Those " Band of Blue" burners could really boil water quickly, but could simmer so low the coffee was almost too cool. Amazing.

My compliant is how expensive white gas has gotten , errr, I mean Camping Fuel. I remember my dad buying white gas at a service station in bulk from a hand pumped 45 gallon drum .

horshur
02-16-2024, 04:07 PM
What are you looking for??

Just a couple plunger washers for peak lantern and single burner stove.

cdub
02-16-2024, 04:29 PM
I have an old lantern that uses a separate pump, no glass just open mantels hanging. Havent used it in over 30years as no hand pump.

jeff341
02-23-2024, 04:44 PM
I think I can help you out. I have a few leather pump cups around. Probably a washer that connects the cup to the pump shaft too. If you want to DM an address, I can post them out to you...

srthomas75
02-23-2024, 05:39 PM
I think that some people make their own out of a piece of leather too.

philbo
02-23-2024, 07:02 PM
just looked on amazon.ca there are parts including the leather ones /

Rotorwash
04-14-2024, 11:25 AM
Old coleman parts sells virtually everything
I toss those rubber pump washers and replace them with leather cups. I think leather cups are around 3 bucks.. the fuel cap seals are cheap as well.

I hate that coleman fuel is $50 a gallon tho. I've started converting my coleman stoves and lanterns that I use regularly over to kerosene. Cleaner , cheaper and hotter