PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell 3200 elite replacement

lefty
02-06-2024, 07:18 PM
Sent in a bushnell 3200 elite for repair to Bushnell . Received a bushnell engage as a replacement. Anyone else receive anything different ? And is the engage a comparable substitute ?

Sausage
02-06-2024, 08:14 PM
what model

lefty
02-06-2024, 08:18 PM
3-9x40 with MOA WINDAGE AND RETICLE, DEPLOY MOA

Sausage
02-06-2024, 08:37 PM
As far as i understand it was meant to be an updated and improved series taking place of the 3200 .

Everett
02-06-2024, 11:11 PM
I got a 3500 in replacement for 3200 a couple years ago.

high horse Hal
02-06-2024, 11:20 PM
Waiting to see what I get for my 4200 6-24
I sent it in just as the announcement came out about the Cdn depot closing so assume it went to Kansas

RackStar
02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Are you guys satisfied with bushnell?

never used any of their stuff

Bullreaper
02-07-2024, 07:52 AM
Exact same thing happened to me. Sent in a 3200, got the engage back. Seems to at least be equivalent to the elite, which isn’t saying to much, they are both lower tier scopes. But the Engage is mounted on the kids .308 and it’s probably got a couple hundred rounds thru it and is still holding zero. Glass isn’t terrible. Definitely gets the job done. Also sent in a pair of Elite 10x42 binos. They sent me back a new pair of Forge 10x42’s, which was an upgrade considering the Elites were 20 years old. I can’t recall ever hearing of Bushnell actually fixing anything. Them and Vortex, they’ll just send you back something new or equivalent. Leupold and Swaro only companies I’ve dealt with that will actually fix something.

Everett
02-07-2024, 08:56 AM
I have 2 bushnell scopes and 12 leupold you should be able to figure out the answer to your question.:)

KodiakHntr
02-07-2024, 09:35 AM

Their top tier scopes like the XRS, LRS, LRHS, LRHSi, and LRTS have been fantastic. Track great, return to zero, hold zero, good reticles. Pretty big fan of their FFP stuff. But I’m a dialer and like to put some distance on when shooting. Comes at a cost though, bit heavier, bit physically larger glass. Requires a more robust mounting system. And you have to fling more peso’s out to get your hands on them.
That said, having rock solid adjustments is worth it to me.

Rifles that get used a lot, get Bushnells. Play toys get Arkens.

I think my 541 S still has a 3.5-10 Leupold on it for chickens though. For now anyway.

Downwindtracker2
02-07-2024, 10:17 AM
I bought a used Scopechief IV 3x9.This was a comparable model to Leupold VariX III series . I paid too much for it, BTW. It had issues with a wandering POI. I sent it in a couple of times . Second time it came back OK. I put it on my canoe rifle.But the crosshairs came loose when it bounced along on the bottom of the river. I had another scope along. Always, Always either pack two rifles or a spare scope. My hunting partner gave up using Leupolds just to avoid that. This time they sent a ScopeChief IV 4x32 back. This model was far and away the best 4x scope of that period, mid '80s. I came out ahead, by quite a bit I might add. I had been hoping for just an ordinary Legend 3x9

Outside of that Scopechief 3x9, I've had better luck with Bushnells than Leupolds.

swampthing
02-07-2024, 03:10 PM

I have always found bushnell to be a decent product. I would certainly use it over anything vortex. The Forge line is a very good product for the money! Its crazy but to my eye the forge 3-18 looks better than my 3-18 zeiss v6.

lefty
02-07-2024, 05:45 PM
Update ! Phoned customers service, complained nicely ,also said the reticle was not what I wanted. They have now sent me a 4500 elite 21/2 x10 as a replacement and said to keep the engage scope . Good customer service I thought.

Downwindtracker2
02-07-2024, 05:52 PM
The 4500 is as solid as a tank. It also weighs like one. Highly recoil resistant. I have four 4000 series scopes.

HappyJack
02-07-2024, 06:14 PM
used Scopechief IV 3x9.This was a comparable model to Leupold VariX III series

LMAO, OK.

Dour
02-07-2024, 06:37 PM
I have the engage. also.and I find it has too much junk In the reticles. Let me know how you find it. It’s good for target shooting.

Sausage
02-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Update ! Phoned customers service, complained nicely ,also said the reticle was not what I wanted. They have now sent me a 4500 elite 21/2 x10 as a replacement and said to keep the engage scope . Good customer service I thought. that is awesome I hve always been treated well by bushnell and B&L

wallz
02-08-2024, 10:45 AM
I put it on my canoe rifle.But the crosshairs came loose when it bounced along on the bottom of the river. I had another scope along. Always, Always either pack two rifles or a spare scope.

Or just spend better money and get something along the lines of the nightforce scope, and not worry about stuff like that happening.

Me, the only bushnell I currently have is an old scopecheif IV. And only because it was my original scope from when I was 14.
I did have an LRT for a bit, and it always treated me well before I replaced it with the Sig BDX model scope.

I have several leupolds, and now find myself steering away from them for anything newer I am needing to get. Just seems like you can get better for the price they have become for even the Freedom line up. My last scope was a swaro, over leo, and the next one probably be a Burris.

high horse Hal
02-08-2024, 11:01 AM
I have 2 bushnell scopes and 12 leupold you should be able to figure out the answer to your question.:)you like Bushnell