PDA

View Full Version : Class action Against Bayer for Making Roundup

britman101
01-19-2024, 05:35 PM
This lawsuit
which has been filed against Bayer in Ontario alleges that glyphosates in Roundup causes Cancer. If the people filing the lawsuit win, the fallout could be substantial. Glyphosates are heavily used by logging companies to kill off ground cover and competing trees in BC by forestry companies. In Canada who will pay for the cleanup and compensation to individuals affected by glyphosates. This product is already banned in the U.S .

Bustercluck
01-19-2024, 05:52 PM
A modern day agent orange

Husky7mm
01-19-2024, 06:02 PM
This lawsuit
which has been filed against Bayer in Ontario alleges that glyphosates in Roundup causes Cancer. If the people filing the lawsuit win, the fallout could be substantial. Glyphosates are heavily used by logging companies to kill off ground cover and competing trees in BC by forestry companies. In Canada who will pay for the cleanup and compensation to individuals affected by glyphosates. This product is already banned in the U.S .

That is awesome. It is terrible stuff and so much more, it ruins peoples health, soil, animal health and water bodies an water ways. It’s celates minerals, and works like an antibiotic and kills your mico biome. It on pretty much everything we eat, and what we eat , eats.
The natives here in Alberta are suing the Alberta government over its use in logging blocks.

I am very doubtful it is banned in the USA, that is probably where it is used the most.

KootenayKiller
01-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Glyphosate is not that bad if you look into it, compared with other pesticides. The biggest issue with glyphosate is its overuse, that results in so-called 'super-weeds' which are glyphosate resistant. Similar to how overuse of antibiotics is creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Also Bayer/Monsanto is a predatory companies that will sue farmers into oblivion who chose not to purchase their 'Round-up Ready' seeds. They do this by claiming that they own the harvested crops these farmers produce, since the plants become pollinated by the pollen from "round-up ready' crops in neighboring fields - something the farmers have no control over. Thus the seeds contain the genetics that they own, even though the farmer didn't plant them. It is a bully tactic and they have successfully bankrupted many farmers that couldn't afford the legal battles, and forcing others to buy their seed to avoid being sued.

I hope they lose the lawsuit. Not because I think glyphosate is super harmful, but because Bayer is a gutless and evil corporation. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jlirot
01-19-2024, 07:04 PM
Yes. overuse. It's used on wheatfields to dry out the wheat. And, corn is 'round up' ready - they don't have to till the fields - they just spray roundup over the corn. It kills the weeds but not the roundup ready corn.

It's a great product - but it's unbelievable how is used.

Glyphosate is not that bad if you look into it, compared with other pesticides. The biggest issue with glyphosate is its overuse, that results in so-called 'super-weeds' which are glyphosate resistant. Similar to how overuse of antibiotics is creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Also Bayer/Monsanto is a predatory companies that will sue farmers into oblivion who chose not to purchase their 'Round-up Ready' seeds. They do this by claiming that they own the harvested crops these farmers produce, since the plants become pollinated by the pollen from "round-up ready' crops in neighboring fields - something the farmers have no control over. Thus the seeds contain the genetics that they own, even though the farmer didn't plant them. It is a bully tactic and they have successfully bankrupted many farmers that couldn't afford the legal battles, and forcing others to buy their seed to avoid being sued.

I hope they lose the lawsuit. Not because I think glyphosate is super harmful, but because Bayer is a gutless and evil corporation. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Husky7mm
01-19-2024, 09:25 PM
No, not a good product at all, if you think that you’re only reading bias studies. Dr Seneff is from MIT

Why Sulfate Deficiency Occurs With Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, PhD

https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0 (https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0)

Deuterium, Mitochondrial
Impairment And Cancer: A Role For Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D.

https://youtu.be/uyQ5lryYuT0?si=pmTWq6TFor6VTvy4

Iirc something like 40000 plus cases of lawsuits waiting to go to trial against the producers of glyphosate. I did not double check that, so if it’s wrong I apologize. It definitely causes cancer, they have already lost cases against them for that.

KootenayKiller
01-19-2024, 09:38 PM
No, not a good product at all, if you think that you’re only reading bias studies. Dr Seneff is from MIT

Why Sulfate Deficiency Occurs With Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, PhD

https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0 (https://youtu.be/tKYAJua20Uw?si=UkXQcKPHiaAGt7j0)

Deuterium, Mitochondrial
Impairment And Cancer: A Role For Glyphosate - Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D.

https://youtu.be/uyQ5lryYuT0?si=pmTWq6TFor6VTvy4

I wouldn't drink the stuff and understand that it can be harmful, but other widely used pesticides are far worse for human health. Relatively to the alternatives, its quite benign. For example, neonicotinoids are widely used and research shows that it measurably reduces the IQ of the average Canadian by 1-2 points, by attacking the nervous system. There are countless examples of products that are worse than glyphosate.

I didn't say that I think it is a 'good' product - I am opposed to it. While it is effective for weed suppression, it is a recipe for disaster because it promotes mass monoculture and overuse of a singular herbicide. This results in agroecosystem instability. In simple terms, if everyone is growing the same plants the same way, all it takes is for one disease/pest that is capable of thriving in that environment for it to all come crashing down. The potato famine in Ireland is an example of how agricultural production can collapse when you do this sort of thing.

The reason you see so many lawsuits is partly a product of how widely used it is. The number of lawsuits doesn't correlate linearly with the toxicity of the compound...

I am speaking from an educated position, having a Master's and a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science specifically... You are referencing Youtube videos and somebody who has no formal training in this field. I'm sure she is very intelligent, but having a PhD does not give authority on subjects outside the area of expertise. I wouldn't go throwing my credentials around when discussing computer science LOL.
"Seneff attended (MIT), earning her Bachelor of Science (BS) in biophysics in 1968, master's (MS) and engineering (E.E.) degrees in electrical engineering in 1980, and a doctoral degree (PhD) in computer science and electrical engineering in 1985."

Husky7mm
01-19-2024, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't drink the stuff and understand that it can be harmful, but other widely used pesticides are far worse for human health. Relatively to the alternatives, its quite benign. For example, neonicotinoids are widely used and research shows that it measurably reduces the IQ of the average Canadian by 1-2 points, by attacking the nervous system. There are countless examples of products that are worse than glyphosate.

I didn't say that I think it is a 'good' product - I am opposed to it. While it is effective for weed suppression, it is a recipe for disaster because it promotes mass monoculture and overuse of a singular herbicide. This results in agroecosystem instability. In simple terms, if everyone is growing the same plants the same way, all it takes is for one disease/pest that is capable of thriving in that environment for it to all come crashing down. The potato famine in Ireland is an example of how agricultural production can collapse when you do this sort of thing.

The reason you see so many lawsuits is partly a product of how widely used it is. The number of lawsuits doesn't correlate linearly with the toxicity of the compound...

I am speaking from an educated position, having a Master's and a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science specifically... You are referencing Youtube videos and somebody who has no formal training in this field. I'm sure she is very intelligent, but having a PhD does not give authority on subjects outside the area of expertise. I wouldn't go throwing my credentials around when discussing computer science LOL.
"Seneff attended (MIT), earning her Bachelor of Science (BS) in biophysics in 1968, master's (MS) and engineering (E.E.) degrees in electrical engineering in 1980, and a doctoral degree (PhD) in computer science and electrical engineering in 1985."

Sorry man, you are a product of the school of mass instruction. You try and apply garbage in and you get garbage out. They taught you things and you memorize them. Any well educated person can read all the same literature and decipher if the article has merit, represents the actual truth, or is gamed. The last 4 years it’s been really hard for the educated professionals to except the corruption of the system. It’s just a dog and phoney show and the $$$ is the religion. It’s very Pompous to believe that because you went through the system and got a masters that you are the end all be all of learning and expanding on any of it. I’m sure this will not find favour with you, and most likely you take offence, but it doesn’t take very long to look at both sides and see where the lies come from.
Glyphosate is terrible in many ways and it will be evident in very short order. Anyone that vouches for it should drink it, “you could drink the stuff” is actually thrown around all the time by the brainwashed. I got too much going on to invest time on this one. It’s great to have an education but never stop learning.

KootenayKiller
01-19-2024, 10:45 PM
Sorry man, you are a product of the school of mass instruction. You try and apply garbage in and you get garbage out. They taught you things and you memorize them. Any well educated person can read all the same literature and decipher if the article has merit, represents the actual truth, or is gamed. The last 4 years it’s been really hard for the educated professionals to except the corruption of the system. It’s just a dog and phoney show and the $$$ is the religion. It’s very Pompous to believe that because you went through the system and got a masters that you are the end all be all of learning and expanding on any of it. I’m sure this will not find favour with you, and most likely you take offence, but it doesn’t take very long to look at both sides and see where the lies come from.
Glyphosate is terrible in many ways and it will be evident in very short order. Anyone that vouches for it should drink it, “you could drink the stuff” is actually thrown around all the time by the brainwashed. I got too much going on to invest time on this one. It’s great to have an education but never stop learning.

I forgive you ignorance, knowing you might have potential but simply don't know how to source reliable information.

I am advocating against it buddy, like yourself. I'm simply pointing out that pretty much all pesticides are harmful to human health, and that most alternatives are even worse. I acknowledge it can potentially be harmful to human health, hence why I said that I would not drink it... Next time try not to get your panties in a knot when someone corrects you on a trivial detail. And if you're this concerned, you should start eating all organic because glyphosate is the least of your worries.

stoneramhunter
01-19-2024, 10:48 PM

So Husky what your saying is if i had a phd in evolutionary psychology "from the school of mass instruction " "Garbage in Garbage out" i wouldn't be able to offer an opinion of your state of mind? its an easy diagnosis

KootenayKiller
01-19-2024, 10:54 PM
Glyphosate, the active ingredient in many herbicides like Roundup, is generally considered to have lower toxicity to humans compared to many other herbicides. Specifically, glyphosate exhibits lower acute toxicity than 94% of all herbicides and has lower chronic toxicity than 90% of all herbicides. Acute toxicity refers to the risk associated with a single exposure, while chronic toxicity involves long-term exposure risks. Glyphosate's structure—a linear carbon chain—differs from most herbicides, which are based on aromatic ring structures, leading to lesser persistence in the environment. Its use, particularly in crops genetically modified to resist it, has increased its exposure risk to applicators. However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has concluded that the general public and non-applicators have a low potential for exposure to biologically relevant doses. Glyphosate binds tightly to soil particles, preventing it from leaching into groundwater, but its residues can occur in food products, especially if used close to the harvesting period​.

The references below provide a comprehensive overview of the current scientific understanding of glyphosate's toxicity, comparing it with other herbicides, and its implications for human health and the environment. Sorry, you'll have to put your thinking cap on as I don't have a good reference in YouTube format to spoon feed you with.

- Glyphosate vs. Glyphosate-Based Herbicides Exposure: A Review on Their Toxicity: This review article provides an overview of the toxicity of glyphosate, its metabolite AMPA (aminomethylphosphonic acid), and glyphosate-based herbicides, evaluated in various experimental models​​.

- Terrestrial ecotoxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants: This study discusses the environmental impact and toxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants. It highlights the importance of considering both active ingredients and co-formulants in evaluating the environmental risk of herbicides​​.

- Toxic Effects of Glyphosate on the Nervous System: A Systematic Review: This systematic review examines the potential toxic effects of glyphosate on the nervous system, contributing to the understanding of its health impacts compared to other herbicides​​.

- Safety evaluation and risk assessment of the herbicide Roundup and its active ingredient, glyphosate, for humans: This publication by Williams GM et al., in Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, evaluates the safety and risk of glyphosate and its formulations for human health​​.

- Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement: This consensus statement by Myers JP et al., published in Environmental Health, discusses the concerns and risks associated with the use of glyphosate-based herbicides​​.

- Controversies over human health and ecological impacts of glyphosate: Is it to be banned in modern agriculture?: This review article by Meftaul IM et al. in Environmental Pollution discusses the controversies surrounding the impact of glyphosate on human health and the environment, and whether it should be banned in modern agriculture​​.

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:31 AM
I forgive you ignorance, knowing you might have potential but simply don't know how to source reliable information.

I am advocating against it buddy, like yourself. I'm simply pointing out that pretty much all pesticides are harmful to human health, and that most alternatives are even worse. I acknowledge it can potentially be harmful to human health, hence why I said that I would not drink it... Next time try not to get your panties in a knot when someone corrects you on a trivial detail. And if you're this concerned, you should start eating all organic because glyphosate is the least of your worries.

This is a very predictable response. “Don’t confuse me with alternative information my mind is made up”
I already read that you were against it, yet you still defend it. It’s called taking out of both sides of your mouth. It’s just a brain washed approach and whats wrong with everything around us. Doing the same thing over and expecting a different result. Insanity.
Your quotes don’t mean shit to me, likely all gamed. $cience.
All around me in farm country there were lakes and creeks. A Quick Look at historical data and you find the they ALL had fish in them. Today they are all dead. Weeds and algae. Climate change? The temps have really not changed all that much. Glyphosate change?
Research has shown that some blue-green algae strains could grow using the phosphate produced by the hydrolysis of glyphosate as a phosphorus source (Forlani et al., 2008)). In addition, the degradation of glyphosate in eutrophic water could increase the phosphorus concentration in the water (Vera et al., 2010).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0147651323007157

You will say this is not credible research because they say “could”, they actually say “could” because they need to leave the door open, and they don’t want get cancelled or ostracized. There are dozens if not hundreds of articles just like this. The source of much of the “reliable information” is the inverse of truth. Pretty clear especially in the last 4 years.

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:40 AM
So Husky what your saying is if i had a phd in evolutionary psychology "from the school of mass instruction " "Garbage in Garbage out" i wouldn't be able to offer an opinion of your state of mind? its an easy diagnosis

Bret Weinstein was a professor in evolutionary biology at Evergreen State, he took a stand against the lefty woke nonsense, and the pandemic response, and was canceled. This fact is lost on you. You are not a part of some all knowing elite club, you are the brainwashed and bamboozled. Not only that but a pompous ass that thinks he doesn’t need to even back up what he says.

My diagnosis for you is a blend of brain virus and bamboozled.

stoneramhunter
01-20-2024, 01:12 AM
Bret Weinstein was a professor in evolutionary biology at Evergreen State, he took a stand against the lefty woke nonsense, and the pandemic response, and was canceled. This fact is lost on you. No Bret has nothing to do with evolutionary psychology you are the brainwashed and bamboozled.t only that but a pompous ass that thinks he doesn’t need to even back up what he says.

My diagnosis for you is a blend of brain virus and bamboozled.

Lol last i checked Brett was into evolutionary Biology not evolutionary Psychology but i digress husky i think that psychology and psychiatry and perhaps biology owes you a great debt of gratitude :) its people like you that ensures that they will have patients for generations to come. A little professional advice "look in a mirror " "You are not a part of some all knowing elite club" Reflect on that and maybe the play in the sandbox would be more amendable.
\have a great evening tip the glass:)

KootenayKiller
01-20-2024, 01:42 AM
Jesus... You passed a background check? What is much more dangerous than glyphosate, is you being allowed to possess weapons and vote.

Oh and thanks for educating me about eutrophication being caused by glyphosate, I really enjoyed that. You used some big words there. I'm curious, does it also make the frogs gay?

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:03 PM
Here’s a none puff piece that made it into publication under the good old NIH. ( corrupt and captured) In it unlike the other puff pieces they published about glyphosate as they present all the damages of round up and it’s not good. The postulate that it’s the secret co-ingredients in round up as being the cause of much damage and harm, however the majority of the paper is about glyphosate and corruption of the regulators. Anyone with 2 brain cells can read between the lines. They need to publish articles like this because so they can claim they did inform you.

Roundup is the most widely used herbicide in agriculture. It contains glyphosate as the ‘active ingredient’, together with formulants. There are various versions of Roundup, with somewhat different effects depending on the formulants. Most genetically-modified crops are designed to tolerate Roundup, thus allowing spraying against weeds during the growing season of the crop without destroying it. Having been so heavily used, this herbicide is now found in the soil, water, air, and even in humans worldwide. Roundup may also remain as a residue on edible crops. Many studies have found harm to the environment and to health, making it imperative to regulate the use of Roundup and to ensure that its various formulations pose no danger when used in the long-term. Unfortunately, regulators may only assess the ‘active ingredient’, glyphosate, and ignore the toxicity of the formulants, which can be far more toxic than the active ingredient. This omission is in violation of a ruling by the Court of Justice of the European Union. There are close ties between the regulators and the industry they are supposed to regulate. Objectionable practices include ‘revolving doors’ between the regulators and the industry, heavy reliance on unpublished papers produced by the industry while dismissing papers published by independent scientists, and strong covert influence on the regulatory process by industry. Although this paper focuses on the European Union (EU), the situation is much the same in the United States.
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9229215/)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9229215/

7. Conclusions

The regulation of glyphosate in the European Union and in the United States is corrupted by malpractices arising from conflicts of interest. Officials from the industries that produce pesticides and genetically modified crops are placed in high positions in the regulatory agencies, and the actions of the agencies are then steered towards ensuring a favourable outcome for applications to bring to market the products of those industries.
Sweeping regulatory reform is urgently needed to prevent further harm to humans, animals, and the environment. In spite of the large and growing number of papers published by independent scientists revealing the harm, the assessment processes have largely dismissed these papers on bureaucratic technicalities. The long-term toxicity of the formulations needs to be included but is not part of the regulation by the EFSA, ECHA and EPA, and was not part of the work of IARC. Governments and regulators need to understand that their primary purpose is to promote the welfare of the population and the environment. At present, governments are narrowly focused on bolstering the economy via the huge profits made by giant corporations selling pesticides and GMOs, and regulators work closely with these industries. The result of these practices is that the health of people and animals suffers, and the environment becomes degraded.
It is time to excise the corruption

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:17 PM
The dangers of Glyphosate, the world’s most common agrochemical. Dr Mark Hyman and Robert Kennedy JR.
We're living in an age where it's increasingly hard to avoid exposure to toxins. Some of the most ubiquitous are right on our food, on some of the most commonly eaten items in the American diet. It's no wonder that illnesses related to toxicity, like cancer, infertility, and neurological diseases, are on the rise. The most widely used pesticide in our food supply is glyphosate. It's used all over the world on more than 70 different food crops, including corn, soy, and wheat and is linked to some serious health risks, including non-Hodgkin lymphoma. It's terrifying to consider that a bowl of Cheerios has more glyphosate per serving than vitamins D and B12, both of which are added to try to boost nutritional value.
We need to change our food system if we want to change our health, and it's issues like these that need our help. I was so happy to sit down with my good friend Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to dig into the topic of glyphosate and corruption in the
agricultural industry. Bobby
Kennedy serves as President of Waterkeeper Alliance, Chairman of the Board and Chief Legal Counsel for Children's Health Defense, and of counsel to Morgan & Morgan, a nationwide personal injury practice. He was
Previously Chief Prosecuting Attorney for the Hudson Riverkeeper, Senior Attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council, and a Clinical Professor and Supervising Attorney at Pace University School of Law's Environmental Litigation Clinic.

https://youtu.be/-dwWQZkJ5r8?si=q6rfzFkejZeblPrQ

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Mexico to ban glyphosate,
GM corn.
Presidential - decree comes despite intense
ISGE
pressure from industry, US authorities

https://www.iatp.org/blog/202102/mexico-ban-glyphosate-gm-corn
Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador quietly rocked the agribusiness world with his New Year’s Eve decree to phase out use of the herbicide glyphosate and the cultivation of genetically modified corn. His administration sent an even stronger aftershock two weeks later, clarifying that the government would also phase out GM corn imports in three years and the ban would include not just corn for human consumption but yellow corn destined primarily for livestock. Under NAFTA, the United States has seen a 400% increase in corn exports to Mexico, the vast majority genetically modified yellow dent corn.
The bold policy moves fulfill a campaign promise by Mexico’s populist president, whose agricultural policies have begun to favor Mexican producers, particularly small-scale farmers, and protect consumers alarmed by the rise of obesity and chronic diseases associated with high-fat, high-sugar processed foods.
In banning glyphosate, the decree cites the precautionary principle and the growing body of scientific research showing the dangers of the chemical, the active ingredient in Bayer/Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide. The government had stopped imports of glyphosate since late 2019, citing the World Health Organization’s warning that the chemical is a “probable carcinogen.”

Husky7mm
01-20-2024, 12:43 PM
Jesus... You passed a background check? What is much more dangerous than glyphosate, is you being allowed to possess weapons and vote.

Oh and thanks for educating me about eutrophication being caused by glyphosate, I really enjoyed that. You used some big words there. I'm curious, does it also make the frogs gay?

There are more people here reading than just you, and besides you already know everything and I should commend you on a job well done. It’s clear all around us what a great job the knowledge from the school of mass instruction has contributed to our Forest, agriculture and our health.
I am not going to argue with brainwashed pompous lefties about the clear present dangers of glyphosate and the cover up of that, I see it everyday all around me. The cut block spraying is nothing short of eco terrorism. The small pathetic and often blown over portion of the riparian left is often killed and about 100m into the bush on the down wind side. The block is void of ungulates for some time.
I am a regulatory consultant for an environmental company in Northern Alberta. I see what I described everyday. It’s absolutely disgusting, and that’s just one aspect.

Anyways, I am glad they are getting sued, they deserve it and I hope it not only sets a precedent but bankrupts them, and I hope they have to drink it.
I am not investing my time on this. Don’t forgot to get your boo$ters, also $afe and effective.

KootenayKiller
01-20-2024, 12:45 PM
Comedy gold

Getbent
01-24-2024, 08:32 PM

Bahahaha. That’s gold right there.
Don't argue with this dude, he knows just about everything and if your opinion differs, the name calling and belittling begins.

Husky7mm
01-24-2024, 09:07 PM
Bahahaha. That’s gold right there.
Don't argue with this dude, he knows just about everything and if your opinion differs, the name calling and belittling begins.

Awe, little fella, you got some solid non bias data on the safety and efficacy of glyphosate and round up? Lobbying governments and greasing scientists all a big bad conspiracy theory that should be censored ? Do you have any knowledgeable contributions you want to share?
Glyphosate, totally safe and effective, would you drink it?
Not a joke little fella, a common term thrown around. It’s so safe, “ You could drink it”. Bottoms up…..

koothunter
01-25-2024, 12:54 PM
This thread is great, and it has nothing to do with the RoundUp discussion. Husky just can't leave it alone. Must be a hell of a life to be so pissed off about everything and live thinking that everybody and everything is out to get you. Maybe drink some chaga tea (collected from an area free of glyphosate of course) and go for a walk. Everything we eat, drink, and breath has an effect on our health. Just try to be healthy and remember that man has searched for the fountain of youth from the dawn of time with no luck finding it yet. From the time we are born we are on our way to the grave, make the most of the time we are given, lighten up and find reasons to smile and laugh, not argue and be miserable. Doing the former might buy you a few years.

stoneramhunter
01-25-2024, 02:44 PM
This thread is great, and it has nothing to do with the RoundUp discussion. Husky just can't leave it alone. Must be a hell of a life to be so pissed off about everything and live thinking that everybody and everything is out to get you. Maybe drink some chaga tea (collected from an area free of glyphosate of course) and go for a walk. Everything we eat, drink, and breath has an effect on our health. Just try to be healthy and remember that man has searched for the fountain of youth from the dawn of time with no luck finding it yet. From the time we are born we are on our way to the grave, make the most of the time we are given, lighten up and find reasons to smile and laugh, not argue and be miserable. Doing the former might buy you a few years.

good advice koothunter:) i have a secret thou on my last sheep hunt I stumbled across a spring high up the mountain and it turned out to be the fountain of youth so eveyone can stop looking and ill have endless sheep hunts left in me

btw when your gone your gone so yes make the best of it while you are here and treat people like you would like to be treated:):)

Husky7mm
01-25-2024, 03:44 PM

I know all of those things. What pisses me off is the brainwashed that go around protecting or minimizing how damaging so many things we are exposed to. Our toxic burden is off the charts and is likely why there is so much chronic illness today. There are ingredients here in Canada that are banned in other countries, and our regulators don’t do shit about it. Round up is banned in many country’s. Criminal negligence.

This thread is about round up and the active ingredient glyphosate and bayer getting sued. I provided many credible arguments as to why its terrible for use and the environment and you come running to its defence, saying it isn’t that bad cause that’s what they told you in school.
The only reason we are still using it or ever started using it is because of corruption on all levels and it’s a cash cow for a global mega corporation.

And you seem to have a problem with this?

M1SF1T
01-25-2024, 05:11 PM
I don't support the levels glyphosate is sprayed in some agriculture applications, I don't support GMO and Round-up ready seed, I don't support it being used in our forests. I also think Monsanto is a shit company, I followed the Percy Schmeiser cases, their strong arm tactics were out of line and I disagree with court judgement in their favour.

That said, I think it's a good product when used sparingly, Bayer ends the sale of glyphosate to consumers this year in this country, I'm stocked up for life (wish I thought ahead like that with primers) with 3 big bottles of mix concentrate, as stated there are other herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides that should be of equal or greater concern. I'm stocked up on many of those also... when you need it you need it... Responsible, targeted application.

troutseeker
01-27-2024, 11:56 PM
Well damn, I’m a frog and now I have to worry about my sexuality because I hunt in areas that have been sprayed with gayphosfate??? ����*♂️

britman101
01-29-2024, 02:40 PM
It really is interesting to see the different views on this subject. As for the amounts that are sprayed on the forests designated for logging we are talking tons of glyphosate being applied each Spring by the logging companies. They have fleets of helicopters designated for this job. Problem with chemicals is that it takes long term exposure to it (years), to see the deadly effect it can have on living beings. Remember how good DDT was, till people saw the toll it took on the environment. What I would like to see is the BC government do their own study to see if the incidence of Cancer has greatly increased since the use of glyphosate in the North country. Will they do such a study only time will tell.

Husky7mm
01-29-2024, 03:05 PM
Speaking of gay frogs, I stumbled across this today when I wasn’t looking for it.

Transgender science.

https://youtu.be/QVoDXWNxxdM?si=CiRdcHbcER_gTZJj

Why would a multibillion dollar chemical company want to silence and discredit a scientist that found their product to be negatively effecting genders???? It doesn’t take more than a few seconds to understand this doesn’t smell right.

Husky7mm
02-05-2024, 11:36 AM
Roundup found to be a defective cancer causing product. Bayer to pay 2.5 billion.

https://frontline.news/post/roundup-found-to-be-defective-cancer-causing%20product-Bayer-to-pay-$2.25-billion-verdict

North Star
02-09-2024, 07:51 PM
Pandoras box has been opened in the litigious US court system. This product will soon be gone.

Question is, what will replace it?

Husky7mm
02-09-2024, 10:45 PM
Where are the brainwashed chiming in telling me they’re not brainwashed!!!!

koothunter
02-12-2024, 09:28 AM
There are more people here reading than just you, and besides you already know everything and I should commend you on a job well done. It’s clear all around us what a great job the knowledge from the school of mass instruction has contributed to our Forest, agriculture and our health.
I am not going to argue with brainwashed pompous lefties about the clear present dangers of glyphosate and the cover up of that, I see it everyday all around me. The cut block spraying is nothing short of eco terrorism. The small pathetic and often blown over portion of the riparian left is often killed and about 100m into the bush on the down wind side. The block is void of ungulates for some time.
I am a regulatory consultant for an environmental company in Northern Alberta. I see what I described everyday. It’s absolutely disgusting, and that’s just one aspect.

Anyways, I am glad they are getting sued, they deserve it and I hope it not only sets a precedent but bankrupts them, and I hope they have to drink it.
I am not investing my time on this. Don’t forgot to get your boo$ters, also $afe and effective.

And yet, here you are, 2 pages later, still keeping the thread alive....

Sananda
02-15-2024, 11:53 AM
With all due respect, your Masters and Bachelors degree is just a state sanctioned stamp of approval that you will continue to uphold the bs, the lies and the fraud at a professional level feeding your ego and higher education complex which by now if you haven’t realized is based on regurgitating what you are told and anything that strays from the “narrative” is dis/misinformation...come on brother, use that critical thinking and put it to good use and stop defending the ones who corrupt the truth! We need people in your position of education to flip the script, not uphold some Bs your professor told you is the gospel!! Smarten up!

wideopenthrottle
02-15-2024, 12:03 PM
it is true....salt has a much lower LD50 than roundup...IIRC, agent orange was basically roundup with dioxins in it...

Glyphosate, the active ingredient in many herbicides like Roundup, is generally considered to have lower toxicity to humans compared to many other herbicides. Specifically, glyphosate exhibits lower acute toxicity than 94% of all herbicides and has lower chronic toxicity than 90% of all herbicides. Acute toxicity refers to the risk associated with a single exposure, while chronic toxicity involves long-term exposure risks. Glyphosate's structure—a linear carbon chain—differs from most herbicides, which are based on aromatic ring structures, leading to lesser persistence in the environment. Its use, particularly in crops genetically modified to resist it, has increased its exposure risk to applicators. However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has concluded that the general public and non-applicators have a low potential for exposure to biologically relevant doses. Glyphosate binds tightly to soil particles, preventing it from leaching into groundwater, but its residues can occur in food products, especially if used close to the harvesting period​.

The references below provide a comprehensive overview of the current scientific understanding of glyphosate's toxicity, comparing it with other herbicides, and its implications for human health and the environment. Sorry, you'll have to put your thinking cap on as I don't have a good reference in YouTube format to spoon feed you with.

- Glyphosate vs. Glyphosate-Based Herbicides Exposure: A Review on Their Toxicity: This review article provides an overview of the toxicity of glyphosate, its metabolite AMPA (aminomethylphosphonic acid), and glyphosate-based herbicides, evaluated in various experimental models​​.

- Terrestrial ecotoxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants: This study discusses the environmental impact and toxicity of glyphosate, its formulations, and co-formulants. It highlights the importance of considering both active ingredients and co-formulants in evaluating the environmental risk of herbicides​​.

- Toxic Effects of Glyphosate on the Nervous System: A Systematic Review: This systematic review examines the potential toxic effects of glyphosate on the nervous system, contributing to the understanding of its health impacts compared to other herbicides​​.

- Safety evaluation and risk assessment of the herbicide Roundup and its active ingredient, glyphosate, for humans: This publication by Williams GM et al., in Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, evaluates the safety and risk of glyphosate and its formulations for human health​​.

- Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement: This consensus statement by Myers JP et al., published in Environmental Health, discusses the concerns and risks associated with the use of glyphosate-based herbicides​​.

- Controversies over human health and ecological impacts of glyphosate: Is it to be banned in modern agriculture?: This review article by Meftaul IM et al. in Environmental Pollution discusses the controversies surrounding the impact of glyphosate on human health and the environment, and whether it should be banned in modern agriculture​​.

KodiakHntr
02-15-2024, 12:27 PM
As for the amounts that are sprayed on the forests designated for logging we are talking tons of glyphosate being applied each Spring by the logging companies. They have fleets of helicopters designated for this job.

To be fair, glyphosate isn’t sprayed on “forests”. It’s sprayed on plantations after they have reached a certain height after planting (years after) and a season or two before applying for free growing status with the government. It reduces crop tree competition. It’s an expensive process and not money spent willy nilly.

Additional to that, it isn’t “fleets of helicopters owned by logging companies”. A couple of helicopter companies in the province own the equipment to spray with and are contracted to do it by multiple licensees.

Husky7mm
02-15-2024, 12:36 PM
With all due respect, your Masters and Bachelors degree is just a state sanctioned stamp of approval that you will continue to uphold the bs, the lies and the fraud at a professional level feeding your ego and higher education complex which by now if you haven’t realized is based on regurgitating what you are told and anything that strays from the “narrative” is dis/misinformation...come on brother, use that critical thinking and put it to good use and stop defending the ones who corrupt the truth! We need people in your position of education to flip the script, not uphold some Bs your professor told you is the gospel!! Smarten up!

That is mint! Wisdom and knowledge are not one and the same. Kind regards.

KootenayKiller
02-15-2024, 01:17 PM
Sanada & Husky, you are really brainwashed by your 'alternative' news sources. Sure, corruption and lobbying happens, but if you think that all of the world's scientists are part of some giant conspiracy, you should give your head a shake. You don't have too many brain cells to lose so no worries. Topics such as this have been studied by hundreds of independent research groups without affiliation to Bayer. How is it that they all arrive at the same conclusion? The answer is that their observations are grounded in reality and that your sources of information are trash.

You do a good job of demonstrating how poor your reading comprehension is, when you point towards eutrophication form degraded glyphosate as evidence of its toxicology - its literally not glyphosate anymore at this point. Anything with phosphorous in it will contribute to eutrophication, including fertilizer, or just about any organic material that finds its way into a river. Does that mean that fertilizer, leaves, insects are also causing cancer and turning frogs gay? People like you give a bad look to the hunting community, between your low intellect, overconfident opinions in matters you are uneducated on, and your need to spew trump-like political ideology when it is completely irrelevant. You are a plain old moron Husky lol. I've really enjoyed your ramblings though, quite funny. They are so dumb I almost think you must be trolling.

KootenayKiller
02-15-2024, 01:28 PM
it is true....salt has a much lower LD50 than roundup...IIRC, agent orange was basically roundup with dioxins in it...

I wonder how many minutes it will take husky to understand what you are saying. I can just imagine the panic when he realizes, looking back on all the table salt he has consumed. :-P

Husky7mm
02-15-2024, 01:48 PM
Sanada & Husky, you are really brainwashed by your 'alternative' news sources. Sure, corruption and lobbying happens, but if you think that all of the world's scientists are part of some giant conspiracy, you should give your head a shake. You don't have too many brain cells to lose so no worries. Topics such as this have been studied by hundreds of independent research groups without affiliation to Bayer. How is it that they all arrive at the same conclusion? The answer is that their observations are grounded in reality and that your sources of information are trash.

You do a good job of demonstrating how poor your reading comprehension is, when you point towards eutrophication form degraded glyphosate as evidence of its toxicology - its literally not glyphosate anymore at this point. Anything with phosphorous in it will contribute to eutrophication, including fertilizer, or just about any organic material that finds its way into a river. Does that mean that fertilizer, leaves, insects are also causing cancer and turning frogs gay? People like you give a bad look to the hunting community, between your low intellect, overconfident opinions in matters you are uneducated on, and your need to spew trump-like political ideology when it is completely irrelevant. You are a plain old moron Husky lol. I've really enjoyed your ramblings though, quite funny. They are so dumb I almost think you must be trolling.

I am not going to read your brainwashed pompous drivel. You are a perfect example of what has gone wrong with the education system and society. The last laugh will be had by the observant and awake, the world is going to change weather you like it or not. Happy boo$ting, you pompous little brainwash koolaid drinking shill. Drink up, oh and sorry about your little member.

KootenayKiller
02-15-2024, 01:58 PM
Yeah well, you aren't intelligent enough to understand the material, so no point in reading it I guess

Husky7mm
02-15-2024, 02:30 PM
Yeah well, you aren't intelligent enough to understand the material, so no point in reading it I guess

The books are cooked, I don’t need to understand corrupted gamed $cience that is completely lopsided for greed.I see the damage it caused. And “salt” does not cause cancer.
Also these are not conspiracy theories they have actually happened. In case you missed it the first time.

Roundup Lawsuits are being filed against BayerAG and Monsanto for failing to warn consumers about the dangers of Roundup exposure. Over 80% of Roundup Lawsuits, which amount to over 100,000 cases, have been settled. The landmark $10 billion settlement agreement includes $1.25 billion for future Roundup claims.
https://www.torhoermanlaw.com/roundup-lawsuit/

Husky7mm
02-15-2024, 02:51 PM
B-cell lymphomas, T-cell lymphomas and rare types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma included in Roundup cancer lawsuits are:

Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma.
B-Lymphoblastic Lymphoma.
Burkitt Lymphoma.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.

More items... (https://www.consumernotice.org/legal/roundup-lawsuits/)

https://www.consumernotice.org/legal/roundup-lawsuits/

boilerroom
02-15-2024, 06:13 PM
I saw this had reached 5 pages so I figured the thread must have reached prime name-calling status...

I wasn't disappointed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sananda
02-15-2024, 08:07 PM

Lol, let’s put this one to bed shall we! Do you support the covid vaccine rollout and how many have you received and are you up to date?