PDA

View Full Version : Dawson creek cow elks.

Norwestalta
01-17-2024, 04:16 PM
Don't know if the cow elk season is still on for some but there's a flock of those tasty elk rodents on the south side of the hart highway 5 miles or so west of town. Gonna figure 150 head or so.

BCHunterTV
01-17-2024, 08:12 PM
i have a draw... trying to find time to get up there

srupp
01-17-2024, 08:35 PM
I have a contact in that area that when it snows and gets COLD the elk home in on the hay set aside for the dairy cows.got a cow there...no silly...cow ELK...
IF your looking for a ranch to access elk...cow elk send me a phone number and I will call with phone number contact of owner and address...AND information

cheers
Steven

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 06:06 AM
i have a draw... trying to find time to get up there

Unsure if the landowner gives permission but you never know unless you ask.

Walking Buffalo
01-18-2024, 12:26 PM
If I was a First Nations hunter or a poacher, I'd follow this forum just for threads like this one.

I was taught to keep my mouth quiet as to where the animals are, and can't imagine posting an advertisement in the newspaper telling Everyone, EVERYONE, where they are.

Is this an Ego thing?

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 01:01 PM
If I was a First Nations hunter or a poacher, I'd follow this forum just for threads like this one.

I was taught to keep my mouth quiet as to where the animals are, and can't imagine posting an advertisement in the newspaper telling Everyone, EVERYONE, where they are.

Is this an Ego thing?

Maybe you're just a selfish asshole and I will bet you've never had to fix fence after a herd of 100 plus goes through.

moosinaround
01-18-2024, 01:13 PM

Is this an Ego thing?
huh? Not sure how this promotes anything but sportsmanship? It’s no secret where the elk are in the Peace!! This is a local, sharing info with his fellow sportsmen, that we’re fourtunate enough to draw a LEH. Moosin

RackStar
01-18-2024, 02:20 PM
Yeah I don’t think poachers or FN, need to know where elk are in the peace. They’re everywhere. No secret the whole region is crawling with game. Though this may narrow down a area someone with the 720 tag can start asking permission

Walking Buffalo
01-18-2024, 02:37 PM
Maybe you're just a selfish asshole and I will bet you've never had to fix fence after a herd of 100 plus goes through.

Your language just confirms a childish mentality. Grow up.

OK. you posted this to save the fences....
Would you prefer that there are no Elk to damage fences,
or just happy to have the Elk wreck the neighbors fence when driven off by gunfire?
A panicked herd is the one most likely to damage fences.
If these Elk need to be driven off, You could have easily passed the information on to those that could help without posting it as you did, like your father and grandfather did.

Your response shows that your thread is Ego driven.

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 02:46 PM
Your language just confirms a childish mentality. Grow up.

OK. you posted this to save the fences....
Would you prefer that there are no Elk to damage fences,
or just happy to have the Elk wreck the neighbors fence when driven off by gunfire?
A panicked herd is the one most likely to damage fences.
If these Elk need to be driven off, You could have easily passed the information on to those that could help without posting it as you did, like your father and grandfather did.

Your response shows that your thread is Ego driven.

Lol. Ego? Because I see elk on my drive home? Maybe just maybe I would like someone to be successful. Yes you are a selfish asshole for not wishing the same and you're more then welcome to come fix fence.

RackStar
01-18-2024, 03:20 PM
Bizarre…..

didn’t sense any ego here, he probably left out the 200 deer and 10 moose he prob saw today while driving to and from work.

huntingfamily
01-18-2024, 03:32 PM
Internet hunting. Maybe the OP needs his hand held when he goes hunting too?
The 24/7 "hunters" and poachers love these posts.
What happened to the days we used to go out and actually hunt for meat?

moosinaround
01-18-2024, 03:36 PM
Holy PHUCK you guys, the OP is just trying to be a nice guy!! You Phuckin dudes need to Phuckin relax!! No wonder the hunting community is going to He11 in a handbag!! Moosin

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 03:44 PM
Bizarre…..

didn’t sense any ego here, he probably left out the 200 deer and 10 moose he prob saw today while driving to and from work.

It is bizarre. Lol. Figure I might be doing someone a solid and this. Didn't hear anyone bitch that I was sharing spots with fresh wolf activity.
I can't speak for the bc landowners with elk problems but across the border we like to see them thinned out and will do what we can to help a tag holder out.

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 03:45 PM
Internet hunting. Maybe the OP needs his hand held when he goes hunting too?
The 24/7 "hunters" and poachers love these posts.
What happened to the days we used to go out and actually hunt for meat?

Got my elk in the freezer. Do you?

Norwestalta
01-18-2024, 04:03 PM
Just to make the squat to pee boys piss all over their balls. When you head into town going east the elks will be just past the corlanes sign. Lol

walks with deer
01-23-2024, 09:15 AM
I found elk are only really hard on fences when they get shot at..

stoneramhunter
01-23-2024, 09:23 AM
I had a ranch for almost 4 decades on the banks of the peace river north of Rolla. i spent lot of time fixing fences caused by . moose. elk dear. usually in winter usually going after feed.

180grainer
01-23-2024, 09:14 PM
Not if you hit them they aren't.

Norwestalta
01-23-2024, 09:24 PM

Elk are the laziest jumpers there are. Yes shooting spooks them but so does their shadows. Seen them come to one of my fences and go up and down it until one decides to jump it and hits it then the others run the it.

stoneramhunter
01-23-2024, 09:32 PM
Elk are the laziest jumpers there are. Yes shooting spooks them but so does their shadows. Seen them come to one of my fences and go up and down it until one decides to jump it and hits it then the others run the it.

northwestalia do you travel golata creek road on your trips?

Norwestalta
01-24-2024, 04:24 AM
northwestalia do you travel golata creek road on your trips?

Not that I know of.