PDA

View Full Version : last day hunt

humble hunter
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, I took my buddy (elkmasterc) up to my secret spot in squamish for a go at a buck that had been hanging around in the clear cuts. I have already taken 2 nice bucks from there and am tagged out. Yesterday he went up for the last hour of light and got a shot at him right at dark but all he had was the head and neck to shoot at and missed. This morning we got up and went up there on the quads and we got half way in and right at first light a deer took off and a large deer stood broadside, unfortunately he did not see it and was trying to get a bead on the one that took off. I looked through my binoculars to see a large blacktail buck as it took off. We hurried to get above the deer in the next cut block. Unfortunately elkmaster c has a broken ankle and is hobbling along as quick as he could, as we got to the next cut block we were scanning the tree line to see if they were going to come out. After about 5 minutes of scanning, I happened to look behind us and there they were moving up the block behind us, we had gotten in front of them. As soon as we moved they made a break for the tree line. No shot. Elk master c is sitting in the cut block, in the rain with a faint hope that they will come back out, he is staying untill dark. I am sitting at home drinking coffee and having my inlaws over for christmas, with my cell phone on hoping he calls me to come and help him drag the buck out. Truthfully I would rather be in the cutblock in the rain. Stay tuned for the outcome.

CooperSscat
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Get a call yet??? 1 more hour of shooting light for the season!

Jeremy

humble hunter
12-15-2007, 07:00 PM
The fat lady has sung. Elkmaster C has returned empty handed, leaving the large blacktail buck for me to harvest next season.

coolhunter
12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
I just saw a large doe in Squamish today .We looked each other around 5 min .hoohoo:lol:

ElkMasterC
12-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Ugh. Rita MacNeil has sung..more later...**Sigh**
I'm in agony. In SO many ways. :sad:

kishman
12-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Sounds like an exciting last day out. How's the ankle?