PDA

View Full Version : For Fisher-Dude - Rendell Ck Dinner

greybark
12-14-2007, 08:47 PM
:mad: Hey Fisher - Dude . The Rendell Ck Dinner was cancelled at the last minute when we realized the late (uncertain opening of Camp) jeopardized the quality of the event . There was an impromptue dinner (deep fried turkey and halibut ) held by one of the groups with 25 attendees .
;-) Hopefully the dinner will be on next year as it is a great gathering of ALL bowhunters enjoying the dinner , refreshments , entertainment , prises and just plain WaaHooIng .
Due to the lack of snow and the latter warm weather the deer quit migrating and were going back to night (can`t spell naucturnal) some success but not near as good as past years . I had quite a few WT does close by but was waiting for a good sized buck . I saw a smallish four point and on two occasions he remained 5 yds past (20 yds) my limit .
Thanks for your interest F_D .

Fisher-Dude
12-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey GB, thanks for the update, I was wondering how you fellows (any gals?) made out. That sucks that the Rendell dinner didn't come together, I know how much you were looking forward to the rendezvous. Next year!

The later weather was odd for rifle too, but we had 4 consecutive weekends of fun chasing some nice bucks around over in Region 3. I still had a whitey tag and my buddy a muley tag - we saw all mulies but just came back with stories of nice bucks and thoughts about how to hunt deer where there are NO trees anymore. Damned beetles!

Do you get out with the bow on any winter cat hunts GB?