PDA

View Full Version : sparks lake fire road closures -

whognu
11-30-2023, 09:37 AM
hi folks:

tried to figure this one out for a couple months

called kammy CO office several times, the staff won't forward my request to a CO (brutal)

if you look at page 33 of regs (region 3) and use this link to 'closures related to wildfire and hit on sparks lake you get a map basically showing from (w) deadman to (E) red lake, (S) savona to (N) bonaparte

(chart are of concern is bottom left)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/motor-vehicle-prohibitions

effective nov 1 the rules changed to what i think is below; i need your help to confirm/deny the following

it appears that the road off the highway at west end of kammy lake (sabiston lake road) is closed to all traffic to the top of the hill; effectively closing access from this point 100% (because it is not a 'green' road)

if accessing through red lake it appears that you cannot access the sabiston lake road past where it hits sabiston creek to the "top of the hill" (even though there is a large part that is not 'purple hatched'

in other words, from red lake you can drive in on the 'green' road, then on the 'red' roads yet no further access to back to savona (via sabiston lake) road once you hit the purple hatched area

is this how you interpret this map?

thanks for any and all insights

chris

REMINGTON JIM
11-30-2023, 10:38 AM
There are GUYS driving all over that area and NOT giving a shit about any closures . RJ

whognu
11-30-2023, 07:42 PM
thx jim

i try to play by the all rules and with my luck, i'd be the one caught on the wrong side of the tracks............

i hear barriere is nice this time of year!