PDA

View Full Version : Solid hunting partners

grouse14
11-23-2023, 08:01 PM
Do you have a solid hunting buddy/ies? Partner that puts in as much effort scouting and hunting as yourself? One that you can trust to not share your collective info with their buddies? Can you tell them all the details of your stories? Or are you a solo hunter?

I have recently been able to get into hunting after dreaming about it since I got out the womb and have had a successful first season. Nobody in my family hunts so I’m fully self taught from shows, the generous experience shared on this forum and best of all boots vs the ground. I’m nicely burnt out and in the red after dropping a ton time and $ with most of it going into gas and supplies to survive.

I was a steelhead bum for several years and have seen it all in the fishing buddies aspect. Buddies that are in your spot the next day, tell their friend your report “but don’t tell anyone!”, put in 0 work and expect me to take them to my shady spots etc. Hell I had buddies do a 600 km trip to a river that I told them I fished and did good at, I didn’t even mention when I went or what I caught. I have also found some solid buddies that I can trust and fish good together. It’s not to difficult to make friends fishing because you see the same people daily at the same lakes and rivers, the good fisherman tend to regularly be at good spots.

I hunted with my roommate once and got him on his first deer that I passed on, very exciting for both of us. It was at one of my spots that I had scouted prior, he just listened to instructions and pulled the trigger. I was talking to another friend that hunts about what I’ve been seeing, he handed me his 200$ trail camera and told me to throw it on a game trail since I’m driving to the areas frequently. He hunted his own spots for a bit but has since started hunting spots I suggested from my time scouting. I have fishing buddies that do a fair bit of hunting too. They don’t scout or do heavy hiking and tend to base their trips/roads on info people have told them. They’re good old boys that bring more alcohol than water on these trips, for some reason they have had little success on their hunting adventures.

Now as I reflect on the past season and plan my next I realize a solid hunting partner would be a great help to lighten packs, clear alpine bowls and brainstorm the next move. But hunting is not like fishing where I constantly interact with other fishermen and new friends can be at the next pool. I actually have yet to meet another hunter in the bush. There is also a LOT more on the line with a hunting spot vs a fishing spot. Because of that I hesitate to hunt or even scout with fishing buddies that have lots of contacts and loose lips.

So my question is how did/do you find a solid hunting partner?

KBC
11-23-2023, 10:12 PM
I haven't found one. The common denominator is me though, it's also you.

firebird
11-24-2023, 05:55 AM
I married mine. She was a city girl and didn’t hunt prior to our relationship but she’s a natural and we think alike in many ways. I tease her and say shes a woman version of myself lol. Actually she may be tougher than me and hunt harder lol. We have been together 16 years.

but I got lucky

HarryToolips
11-24-2023, 08:36 AM
I too am a self taught hunter, put in lots of time and study....I mostly hunt solo, but when I bring a partner, I know I can trust them...none of them hunt or scout nearly as hard as I do..that's ok, I learn everytime I'm out there and enjoy it..

FishandSticks
11-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Solo myself, self taught. Started later in life, this year being my first. Mainly been a fly fisher most my life and steelheader as well the other half.

tuchodi
11-24-2023, 09:55 AM
I have had the same hunting partner since 1970. We have not missed a year together until this year because of health issues. I would trust him with my life so yes hunting secrets also.

Arctic Lake
11-24-2023, 09:58 AM
I have a good friend ( we worked together for many years ) that I moose hunt with and it’s all good .
But really no one to hunt deer with . I’m always willing to learn , offer what I can . Pay my share if splitting the bill up .
I have had potential partners but they don’t seem to workout for one reason or another . Some fellas get bent right out of shape with the booze .Getting into fights , C’mon man ,Time to grow up !
I detest big egos . If one guy is doing the meals I want to trust he washed his hands after having a crap .
Hunted with one guy if his motor were to pack it in on a hunt trip he would expect you to pay half, WHAT . The motor could have packed it in while driving at home .
Arctic Lake

M1SF1T
11-24-2023, 10:20 AM
I'm hunting solo... self taught novice. There's really not anyone I know that has a common interest in hunting.

I'd be open to a partner if we got along well otherwise.

I'm not even really that concerned about sharing scouting info or whatever because I think whoever I could partner with would probably be in a similar situation to me, solo hunter that hasn't been sharing anything with anyone else anyway.

IronNoggin
11-24-2023, 11:23 AM
I have a very small circle of Buddies that I trust & hunt with.
Took time of course to find some that would mesh with my absolute Red Neck attitude.
But I did, and at this stage I am happy I made the effort!

Cheers & Good Luck!
Nog

wideopenthrottle
11-24-2023, 12:05 PM
i have many acquaintances, a fair few friends but only a very small number of people i would hunt with...when i refer to someone as my "hunting partner", it is about the highest level of trust/respect i can have for another person. For over 20 years i hunted with the same 3 or 4 people and i was down to just 2 guys (trusted friend and his Dad) that i would hunt with....i even started doing solo trips (my old Boyscout training would always nag at me a bit to not set out too far alone)...In one of my favourite spots, I ran into the same fellow for several years in a row before we agreed to hunt together....we hunted together a little last year and a little more this year. This year was the first time i have felt a bit more adventurous and actually discussed/offered to hunt with some people i have met through this site (and others)...I figure, the only way i might find another person who shares my philosophies of hunting and life in general is to put myself out there a bit to folks who i have enjoyed sharing thoughts with here.

dapesche
11-24-2023, 12:31 PM
the guy that got me into hunting passed me off to someone as else after I started getting more adventurous with my hunting spots. HE was older and knew a guy at work that hunted like me. He introduced us it went for one 'neutral' area death hike to get a feel for how we each handled shit conditions. We were pretty much the same hunter.

hunting together for 4 years now. Elk down. Sheep down. Goat down. Been a good run so far.

kevingm1987
11-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Its true when they say, it easier to find a new wife than a new hunting partner...

mikeman20
11-24-2023, 01:23 PM
I've got a couple buddies who I hunt with, but they aren't as crazy about it as me, so I'll do some solo hunting as well.

Would be nice to find someone more hardcore about it. I want to do some serious elk hunting.

DesiMunda
11-24-2023, 01:36 PM
Solo hunter myself for the past 3-4 years. Sure, wouldn’t mind company at times but I am more organized now. I know exactly where everything is and goes. Setting up and breaking down takes time and is the only downside but I have become more of a minimalist. Safety for the Mrs..was always a concern …so I got a Zoleo. I still worry about breakdowns (ATV/Truck) so I venture out farther on my morning hunts and stay closer to camp in the evening just too many wolves in the bush these days.

I tried with buddy’s many years ago, got tired of babysitting…..absolutely no help with planning, no commitment to hunting dates, some would leave early, minimal effort to scouting, minimal to no own equipment, some picky with food….just eat what the group is eating, some needed to be told to do everything,,,,just no common sense. Some groups have issues with cost sharing, I find it’s more important to carry your own weight (your mama ain’t here).

A perfect scenario, like minded hunting buddy (3-4), that help with planning, commit to hunting trips and dates, stick to the schedule, a couple of rigs(safety), and they know each other so well that they can read minds.

my two bits….

J_T
11-24-2023, 01:45 PM
Having grown up hunting and instructed CORE and IBEP, I have a general (personal) rule that I follow. I explain this in every class.
If you as a student, would like me to come out and help you assess your zone, - even if i know the area - if you show me your hunting location, I will never go back there without you. And, I expect the same in return. If I show someone my area to hunt, my expectation is, you won't go there without me either.

Squamch
11-24-2023, 06:49 PM
I've had several hunting buddies that I got into hunting and mentored. Many of them are not into hiking and hunting as hard as I am. I had one consistent partner, who I've known for...25 years or so. But he often works nights, has his kids on weekends, has to work overtime, etc.
This year we added a member to the team. He is a former mountaineer, a dedicated fly fisherman, and general outdoorsman. But, other than a couple trips with his dad as a kid, he hadn't hunted. He's now obsessed. 2 deer, a bear, then bought a bow so he could keep hunting the doe zones.

Despite this, I still solo hunt sometimes.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
11-24-2023, 07:36 PM
Aint no secrets around here, if your eyes are open you are seeing what everyone else is seeing. Watch the dust trails and try and be the next one there.

TheObserver
11-24-2023, 08:05 PM
Pretty well exclusively solo, except for the old man who is not the same after his hit and run on a rememberence day trip in 2021, feel kind of bad as I haven't made much time for him this year although we did get a 4 point on one of the trips we went on, plannin to do more next year. He aint gettin no younger either, hasnt been no saint over the years and didn't always make time for me, but got to remember time flyes and he could not be around next year.

I have spots I will never take a soul, ever. Taking a buddy out this weekend (new) and next weekend (not new) of course to two of my spots (how it always seems). Thing is, they may have the best intentions, promising you to never go back without you, but if you show em somewhere good, especially if you get an animal, and next year is tough for them, alot of guys will go back and more than likely not alone. But, i'm also a paranoid, there are guys you can trust, just hard to find.

180grainer
11-24-2023, 09:10 PM
I married mine. She was a city girl and didn’t hunt prior to our relationship but she’s a natural and we think alike in many ways. I tease her and say shes a woman version of myself lol. Actually she may be tougher than me and hunt harder lol. We have been together 16 years.

but I got lucky
Finding a good hunting partner is like finding a good wife. So, I think that means you get a prize or something.

savage10
11-24-2023, 09:40 PM
Pretty much in same boat, completely self taught as well. Other than my trooper of a girlfriend haven’t found a partner yet. This is my 3rd year hunting.

Husky7mm
11-24-2023, 09:41 PM
I hear 2 can keep a secret if one is dead….. lol.
It can be tough to find a good partner. It’s best to be comfortable hunting solo most of the time and teach yourself through hands on experience. Everyday you get skunked is another day you learn to do things different. It gets easier and easier every day after.
I have a few good hunting partners and now my sons too. I am a self taught hunter also, figured it all out through research, and the school of hard knocks. I enjoy hunting with my friends and sons but I enjoy just as much to be solo. I make everyday in the woods a great day by being open to learning something new and just being greatful I have 2 strong legs, a back to match and a stubborn never quit attitude. One nice thing about hunting alone is you can be fluid all day long. If you are gonna focus on moose or elk having a hunting buddy is wonderful, big bulls are an ass load of work.
We always split the meat. Sometimes I got a whole elk or moose in the freezer that is from 1/2 of 2 different bulls.

If you end up with a great producing spot you need to limit who you share that with or it will be exploited, someone always lets it slip even if they know not to take anyone there. And for heaven’s sake tell them to turn off the GPS on their photos…..

moosinaround
11-25-2023, 03:06 AM
2 of my best friends I met on this hunting site! My other hunting partner I made with my wife, my son!! I’m not into hunting solo much anymore! My priorities for hunting outcomes has changed over the last few years! I’ve killed my fair share of game in the last 30 yrs, and for me hunting is about the outdoor experience now! I get crazy adrenaline rushes out of elk bugles, moose grunts, and chickadees chirping away!! I like to share those experiences now, especially with folks who haven’t had outdoor experiences! If I show someone a spot, it’s fair game for them to hunt it. I will not tell anyone if I have a spot I like, or want to hunt myself. There is lots of real state out there, my spots, are someone else’s as well! Anyways, I help folks with info on LEH hunts, or hunts for their kids, or local knowledge of my areas they may not be familiar with! I usually get a report back from folks I help out, dead game, or not! Moosin

high horse Hal
11-25-2023, 06:13 AM
Hunters and fishers are pretty possessive about what they know and have experienced, sharing is tough
Best way to mesh with someone new is to work together on a new adventure, something of common interest, hunting or otherwise,
often simple things like building shed or getting a load of firewood or fixing a vehicle is enough to sort out compatability
A good hunting partner should be welcome into your home and be comfortable with in general life
Sharing control and complete communication are probably the two toughest fences to get over, next to trusting them with your significant other (wife, horse, dog.....)

elker
11-25-2023, 08:11 AM
I’m now a solo hunting absolutist. It’s relaxing, mind rinsing, and energy recharging. No more indifferent interests to balance. Yes, it can be more expensive as no one is sharing the cost. But I work, and I always work hard to make up the costs difference

Arctic Lake
11-25-2023, 09:28 AM
I think the Pub Nights that used to happen here in the LowerMainland could be a good place to suss out hunting partners for new and older hunters alike .
Arctic Lake

tri777
11-25-2023, 10:07 AM
I fit somewhere in the middle of the below posts
(also applies to fishing holes)

It can be tough to find a good partner. It’s best to be comfortable hunting solo most of the time and teach yourself through hands on experience. Everyday you get skunked is another day you learn to do things different. It gets easier and easier every day after.
I have a few good hunting partners and now my sons too. I am a self taught hunter also, figured it all out through research, and the school of hard knocks. I enjoy hunting with my friends and sons but I enjoy just as much to be solo. I make everyday in the woods a great day by being open to learning something new and just being graetful I have 2 strong legs, a back to match and a stubborn never quit attitude. One nice thing about hunting alone is you can be fluid all day long. If you are gonna focus on moose or elk having a hunting buddy is wonderful, big bulls are an ass load of work.
We always split the meat. Sometimes I got a whole elk or moose in the freezer that is from 1/2 of 2 different bulls.

If you end up with a great producing spot you need to limit who you share that with or it will be exploited, someone always lets it slip even if they know not to take anyone there. And for heaven’s sake tell them to turn off the GPS on their photos…..

I’m now a solo hunting absolutist. It’s relaxing, mind rinsing, and energy recharging. No more indifferent interests to balance. Yes, it can be more expensive as no one is sharing the cost. But I work, and I always work hard to make up the costs difference

valleywalker
11-25-2023, 10:14 AM
Still learning, this is my 3rd year hunting solo, self taught (learning through denial and error as Ricky would say), started with only a crossbow, added a shotgun and a few rifles to the mix but keep coming back to an interest in archery. just picked up the book “Precision Bowhunting” and wished I had bought a few books when I started out instead of going down the YouTube/internet learning hole. There’s some good info out there but you also have to wade through a ton of ego, crap and marketing online.

First two years probably made every mistake possible but got an archery doe and several turkeys, this year I still f’d things up a few times but at least had good opportunities at two bucks within 30 yards but wasn’t able to get a shot before they spooked.

will probably always hunt solo - I’ve worked in the bush, mostly alone, the past 18 years and feel comfortable with myself in the middle of nowhere, in just about any situation. Don’t know too many people on the same page so it makes it hard to think about finding a hunting partner.

Realizing now that to be a successful hunter, and furthermore pursue my interest in bowhunting more will require more dedication, commitment and time to be successful than I thought, always open to learn from others but teaching yourself something and getting good at it is pretty rewarding in my experience

Spy
11-25-2023, 10:35 AM
I have had many now I have one solid one me lol. Last straw was when I took a guy out “new hunter “ put him in my prime spot and he shot a nice black tail. Week later he is in my spot with another hunter! Same guy had family in Fort saint Johns went up elk hunting on their farm I never got invited. Good riddance lol.

Cboyd
11-25-2023, 01:17 PM
It’s definitely one of the toughest obstacles I have come across, cause not all people are alike in how do you like to hunt and ethics not just sharing information and the cost of fuel, food etc. I have friends that are good people and we get along just fine but there level of dedication is just not the same as mine as I found out on a recent hunt and don’t think I will do again because of that. You basically need to find your clone I feel like.

RackStar
11-25-2023, 01:36 PM
Got a couple people I like to hunt with , but mostly hunt solo. I’ve met some hunters through work but never actually follow through with going out because I put lots of money and time into finding my spots I like to keep top secret.

the only time I’ve been uncomfortable solo was the last night of a 2 week moose hunt in very remote northern BC, I had what I believe to be 2-3 Sasquatch screaming and whooping on each side of my tent. The experience was bone chilling and actually led me to leave 1 day sooner then I had to.

firebird
11-25-2023, 03:38 PM
Got a couple people I like to hunt with , but mostly hunt solo. I’ve met some hunters through work but never actually follow through with going out because I put lots of money and time into finding my spots I like to keep top secret.

the only time I’ve been uncomfortable solo was the last night of a 2 week moose hunt in very remote northern BC, I had what I believe to be 2-3 Sasquatch screaming and whooping on each side of my tent. The experience was bone chilling and actually led me to leave 1 day sooner then I had to.

You have to elaborate!!!

Husky7mm
11-25-2023, 03:49 PM

Crazy, was there snow to see tracks. Lynx can make some strange noises, consider lynx?

Downwindtracker2
11-25-2023, 04:23 PM
I'm mostly self taught. My dad after the war wasn't into hunting. I go solo, I like being alone, but I'm cautious and careful . There are hunters much more driven to succeed than me. So what, I might have the better time.I have couple of guys whom I call hunting partners.

j270wsm
11-25-2023, 04:58 PM
I’ve met a few guys off this site and have become good friends with 1 particular guy. He introduced me to 2 of his friends and we all get along great and have hunted elk together for the last 3 seasons. It might take a while but you’ll never find a hunting partner if you don’t put yourself out there.

Evanguy
11-25-2023, 05:52 PM
im pretty new to hunting (5 years) and moved to BC 2 years ago, so i have no hunting partners, there has been a few things in the works but never panned out. So now my daughter(12) is my hunting partner, super reliable, loves to come on adventures, wont share any insider information, and genuinely enjoys spending time with me. We did an 11 day fly in hunt in Mt. Edziza park last year and got a nice Billy, this coming summer we are doing a 14day fly in, in Spatsizi

all in all she is a solid hunting partner

Brett202
11-25-2023, 07:03 PM
There’s buddies you enjoy hunting with, you know they can’t be trusted in your honey holes but they are a good time, just take them to your throw away spots or try a new spot with them. Then when they head home go crack your deer over and tell them it was just unlucky that they weren’t there. 😂

BCbillies
11-26-2023, 03:50 PM
Before the internet and living in a small town I just hunted with my friends even if they weren’t as keen. We learned how to mountain hunt together and over time some have aged out. Have hunted with quite a few partners on sheep and goats hunts over the years with guys I hardly knew. The key is to get a good read on their loyalty, commitment, ethics, physical/mental abilities, etc. A lot of fellows won’t commit 15 days for a sheep hunt or 10 days for a goat hunt so that weeds quite a few out. Spend time hiking and chatting and it starts to become more clear if they will be compatible with you of not.

Treed
11-26-2023, 04:18 PM
Still learning, this is my 3rd year hunting solo, self taught (learning through denial and error as Ricky would say), started with only a crossbow, added a shotgun and a few rifles to the mix but keep coming back to an interest in archery. just picked up the book “Precision Bowhunting” and wished I had bought a few books when I started out instead of going down the YouTube/internet learning hole. There’s some good info out there but you also have to wade through a ton of ego, crap and marketing online.

First two years probably made every mistake possible but got an archery doe and several turkeys, this year I still f’d things up a few times but at least had good opportunities at two bucks within 30 yards but wasn’t able to get a shot before they spooked.

will probably always hunt solo - I’ve worked in the bush, mostly alone, the past 18 years and feel comfortable with myself in the middle of nowhere, in just about any situation. Don’t know too many people on the same page so it makes it hard to think about finding a hunting partner.

Realizing now that to be a successful hunter, and furthermore pursue my interest in bowhunting more will require more dedication, commitment and time to be successful than I thought, always open to learn from others but teaching yourself something and getting good at it is pretty rewarding in my experience

I felt like I was reading something I wrote about myself. I started out hunting by getting a bow, moved to guns mostly, and have worked in the bush for 20+ years. I solo hunt a lot but also head out with my cousin whenever possible. He also works I the bush and it’s so easy knowing that no-one needs babysitting, we alway meet up on time in the right place. We hunt to together and separately, it’s nice knowing you have backup when an animal goes down. No secret spots between us as our goal is to get either of us onto deer. I don’t care who shoots it as long as it’s one of us. :)

RackStar
11-26-2023, 04:33 PM
Crazy, was there snow to see tracks. Lynx can make some strange noises, consider lynx?

the volume of these noises , and bass in the whooping was like no other. No snow, the natives in the area just matter of factly acknowledge the existence of these things. For some strange reason , I felt no fear when this was happening. It was when I woke up I went for a morning hunt and thought about what had happened. When I arrived at camp I threw everything in my truck as fast as I could and left. The night before , and the evening of , I had observed some weird shit in the sky that leads me to believe UFO. If you follow any Bigfoot stories these 2 go hand in hand very often. And no, there was no drugs or alcohol involved.

Evanguy
11-26-2023, 07:06 PM
the volume of these noises , and bass in the whooping was like no other. No snow, the natives in the area just matter of factly acknowledge the existence of these things. For some strange reason , I felt no fear when this was happening. It was when I woke up I went for a morning hunt and thought about what had happened. When I arrived at camp I threw everything in my truck as fast as I could and left. The night before , and the evening of , I had observed some weird shit in the sky that leads me to believe UFO. If you follow any Bigfoot stories these 2 go hand in hand very often. And no, there was no drugs or alcohol involved.

I'm not trying to be rude or undermine your experience but once the imagination takes hold it runs free.

I've had times where I go from looking over my shoulder to promptly leaving the woods and it's all in my head.

Not saying what you heard wasn't real or as loud as you say but once you get in your own head it's to get out of it.

I find with a partner (even my 6 year old son) that never happens at all..so it makes me believe it's in my head when it does happen.

tri777
11-26-2023, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the update, i do not discount your exp, our world is a very strange one as of late.
(Since Mar 2020 for me anyways)

firebird
11-27-2023, 06:05 AM
So safe to say that Sasquatch(s) are NOT a solid hunting partner lol

Husky7mm
11-27-2023, 08:24 AM
So safe to say that Sasquatch(s) are NOT a solid hunting partner lol

Hehe, too loud and definitely not reliable.

HarryToolips
11-27-2023, 08:37 AM

Wow, please share more on the sasquatch thread we have on here....I have a very close friend, very trustworthy, who also had an encounter....Steve (used to be on this site as I believe ProGuide?) has a Youtube channel howtohunt.com I believe, a platform for ppl to share their stories...

HarryToolips
11-27-2023, 08:38 AM
I have a few good hunting partners and now my sons too. I am a self taught hunter also, figured it all out through research, and the school of hard knocks. I enjoy hunting with my friends and sons but I enjoy just as much to be solo. I make everyday in the woods a great day by being open to learning something new and just being greatful I have 2 strong legs, a back to match and a stubborn never quit attitude. One nice thing about hunting alone is you can be fluid all day long. If you are gonna focus on moose or elk having a hunting buddy is wonderful, big bulls are an ass load of work.

I too always split the meat (unless one or the other don't need it) - it's just the right thing to do, even if you put more time etc into the spot than the other..

swampthing
11-27-2023, 01:01 PM
I have a handful of great hunting buddies. A few are guys I grew up with, and a few I met on this site! Never a squabble in camp or hunting locations being given away. Everyone pitches in and tries to outdo the other guy so no need to split bills or worry about camp chores. I solo hunt/camp for the most part but when one of my buddies can make a trip its even better!

RackStar
11-27-2023, 01:56 PM
I'm not trying to be rude or undermine your experience but once the imagination takes hold it runs free.

I've had times where I go from looking over my shoulder to promptly leaving the woods and it's all in my head.

Not saying what you heard wasn't real or as loud as you say but once you get in your own head it's to get out of it.

I find with a partner (even my 6 year old son) that never happens at all..so it makes me believe it's in my head when it does happen.

you’re entitled to your opinion. I’ve spent months alone in the bush this was no imagination.

Ron.C
11-27-2023, 02:56 PM
Have had 2 main hunting partners in the last 25 years. Had a falling out with the first one years ago. The other is my best friend, awesome hunter and all around good guy but our work/family obligations just don't allow us to go on many hunts anymore.

I've been asked by a couple HBCers to partner up for a trip but to be honest I am simply very particular about the way I like to do things and for that reason prefer to hunt solo. Yes, boredom and cost are prices to be paid but that's just the way it is. I accept the safety risks when I head off alone, especially on long trips.

tomahawk
11-27-2023, 03:29 PM
I have the best of partners/hunters that an old guy, or anyone could ask for. My good friend that I met in PG when we both lived and worked together there since the early 1980's. We continue to hunt and fish together to this day and we both live now in Nanaimo since 1998. We hunt bison (5 bulls), deer (lots of 4points) , Rosies (3 bulls), moose (lost count, 2 this year) you name it. My son joined our group over 20 years ago and my grandson ( first bull moose at 11 yrs old) 8 years ago. The 4 of us are a team that has a blast and now my buddy and I have 2 strong helpers to allow us to go deeper into the woods and 2 sets of young muscles to save our bacon and get the meat out of the bush. When the son and grandson cant make it due to work etc me and my buddy pitch the wall tent and go it as a pair. I feel so lucky and fortunate when I here of some stories of failed partnerships. Best of luck to all who are searching for the same.

Arctic Lake
11-27-2023, 06:02 PM
It’s a great thing that a man can call someone FRIEND and that person lives up to it !

Arctic Lake

BCHunterTV
11-27-2023, 07:50 PM
unfortunately most of the people ive included to spots ive shared take people back into the areas. Also over the years ive taken many people on fly in hunts. And cant get an invite if my life depended on it. Even back to spots i took them! lol

Arctic Lake
11-27-2023, 07:53 PM
That’s not classy at all !
Arctic Lake
unfortunately most of the people ive included to spots ive shared take people back into the areas. Also over the years ive taken many people on fly in hunts. And cant get an invite if my life depended on it. Even back to spots i took them! lol

Husky7mm
11-27-2023, 09:20 PM
I have the best of partners/hunters that an old guy, or anyone could ask for. My good friend that I met in PG when we both lived and worked together there since the early 1980's. We continue to hunt and fish together to this day and we both live now in Nanaimo since 1998. We hunt bison (5 bulls), deer (lots of 4points) , Rosies (3 bulls), moose (lost count, 2 this year) you name it. My son joined our group over 20 years ago and my grandson ( first bull moose at 11 yrs old) 8 years ago. The 4 of us are a team that has a blast and now my buddy and I have 2 strong helpers to allow us to go deeper into the woods and 2 sets of young muscles to save our bacon and get the meat out of the bush. When the son and grandson cant make it due to work etc me and my buddy pitch the wall tent and go it as a pair. I feel so lucky and fortunate when I here of some stories of failed partnerships. Best of luck to all who are searching for the same.

I dig it, great attitude, you get out what you put in. Set the tone. Cheers to many, many more.

BigBanger
11-28-2023, 12:46 AM
I had some hunting partners in the past, their drinking and partying turned me off of them. I’ve seen my old best friend hunting with someone in a spot that I showed him , lol. These days I mostly hunt alone. Sometimes My wife comes along and hangs out in camp while I’m gone all day.

FishandSticks
11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
That’s not classy at all !
Arctic Lake

Yes , this