PDA

View Full Version : $7000+ a wolf

MRP
11-21-2023, 07:44 AM
Unless my math is bad. Why not just put a bounty on them again.
https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/highlights/bc-wolf-kills-continue-as-province-plans-moose-survey-7858135

horseman2
11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
They can always find someone willing to put the ethical spin of protecting wolves by calling them "Fur Bearing Animals".

Last I recall, Moose, Elk, Deer and Caribou are also fur bearing animals.

How do wolves take precedence over dwindling populations of ungulates?

Stone Sheep Steve
11-21-2023, 09:44 AM
They can always find someone willing to put the ethical spin of protecting wolves by calling them "Fur Bearing Animals".

Ungulates have hair not fur. Not being fussy but this is why they call ‘fur bearers’ ‘fur bearers’.

SSS

Norwestalta
11-21-2023, 10:03 AM
If anyone wants to shoot some wolves I've seen lots of tracks in the brassey creek area.

TheObserver
11-22-2023, 09:56 AM

Because "you will eat ze bugs bigot", that is why.

Livewire322
11-22-2023, 11:01 AM

I interpret that their point isn’t that wolves should take precedence over dwindling ungulate populations, rather, their point is that a wolf cull is a band-aid solution/scapegoat for the bigger issue, which is resource extraction and its impact on habitat.

I think it’s entirely reasonable to expect that our government finds an all encompassing solution, rather than just treating the symptoms… one part of which should be wolf culling.

Norwestalta
11-22-2023, 09:00 PM
More wolf sign up the moose lake road. Go get'em fellas. Right at the end about km 26.

Bigdoggdon
11-24-2023, 11:12 PM
They need a bounty at a level that a semi-decent Trapper could make a living taking them out. $1000-$2000 per animal. If a trapper could go out and kill 10 a month and take home a 150k a year it would be worth it.

MRP
11-25-2023, 08:15 AM
Got that right^^^^.