PDA

View Full Version : Winter goat hunt 6-09k Kleanza Creek FSR

Dave177
11-18-2023, 08:07 AM
I have a LEH for goat in 6-09k that I am planning to hunt in late February. Looking for info from anyone that knows the area about the state of the access roads in Winter. The plan is to backcountry ski into the mountains but if any of the roads into the zone are plowed this would cut down on the distance to ski considerably.

Thanks in advance

Bado20
11-20-2023, 02:26 AM
I have a LEH for goat in 6-09k that I am planning to hunt in late February. Looking for info from anyone that knows the area about the state of the access roads in Winter. The plan is to backcountry ski into the mountains but if any of the roads into the zone are plowed this would cut down on the distance to ski considerably.

Thanks in advance

I would not expect the roads to be plowed that time of year. Unless there is a work camp on the road the roads in the area are mostly seasonal.

hawk-i
11-20-2023, 06:17 AM
They were logging around 26 km last year...if you PM me before you go I can give you an update on the road.

BCbillies
11-20-2023, 06:33 PM
If road not plowed an option is to take a sled with a skimmer.

hawk-i
11-20-2023, 08:56 PM
If road not plowed an option is to take a sled with a skimmer.

That's probably the best option as it can snow 3 feet in a short period of time. If they are finished logging your ride could be there until late June.

BCbillies
11-20-2023, 09:18 PM
That's probably the best option as it can snow 3 feet in a short period of time. If they are finished logging your ride could be there until late June.

10-4. I took a sled and skimmer 55 km up one of those roads for a Feb goat hunt. Was an efficient method of going deep. Then snowshoed another 10 km from there. Had the place all to myself! 😃

Dave177
11-21-2023, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

While a sled would be great for accessing the back of the zone I dont think its on the cards for me this year.