PDA

View Full Version : New Solo Mule Deer Hunt Film

Grasp
11-14-2023, 07:32 AM
Hey everyone,

Here's my latest hunt film. Did my best as usual to try and capture the challenges of the hunt as authentically as possible. I hope everyone is having a great season so far!

https://youtu.be/d2CQt0GK5JQ

Jay

HarryToolips
11-14-2023, 07:42 AM
Awesome man, look forward to watching it when I get a sec...always enjoy your vids...cheers.

Redthies
11-14-2023, 08:57 AM
I watched the first half this morning. Great so far! I was in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming late Sept/early Oct this year. Looking for antelope units to come back to. Saw a guy with a big moose in the back of his truck near Moab (no idea where he shot it), and talked to a couple in Salmon Idaho that got a nice bull in that area as well. Saw lots of elk, and antelope but not many deer.

What areas of Colorado were you hunting in? We poked around up top near Steamboat and Kremmling, then mid state around Fairplay and then in the southwest from Salida over to the Utah border through Telluride and Norwood. Saw some beauty yard bucks in downtown Salida!

https://i.postimg.cc/BQ4NR8MS/3-C945366-7-F64-43-AF-9659-0-C5038958934.png (https://postimg.cc/147pq3k2)

FishandSticks
11-14-2023, 01:29 PM
Enjoyed the video Jay, thanks for sharing.

Sad to see that you missed your time with Halloween.

Cheers

Arctic Lake
11-14-2023, 04:01 PM
Hello Grasp . Just watching your video now . I don’t know anything about hunting in the USA ,can anyone do this ?
Whats involved ? I have never been to Colorado but relatives just came back from a trip there and said the landscape is amazing !
Arctic Lake

5jackz
11-14-2023, 09:06 PM
Enjoyed the video . Very well done . Congratulations .

Redthies
11-15-2023, 08:07 AM
Hello Grasp . Just watching your video now . I don’t know anything about hunting in the USA ,can anyone do this ?
Whats involved ? I have never been to Colorado but relatives just came back from a trip there and said the landscape is amazing !
Arctic Lake

Hi AL. Anyone (Canadian citizens who can legally enter) can hunt in the USA. Costs can vary wildly from state to state, and critter to critter. Google your target states fish and game dept and look for “non-resident” licenses and tags. Regulations also vary a huge amount by state, so it takes some time to find the right fit for your hunt. All the states have amazing geography, it just depends on your likes. Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Idaho and Montana are my favourite states for outdoor life.

If you don’t have a criminal record, it should be easy for you to get your rifle in as well. You fill out and submit an ATF Form 6, and away you go. The only trick is you need to know exactly which and how much ammo you want to bring.

I live right on the border, and cross multiple times per week (like I will in an hour), and talk/go hunting with both US CBP and Canada Customs agents. If you can’t find the answers to any questions, let me know and I will ask for you.

Arctic Lake
11-23-2023, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the information Redthies !!
Arctic Lake
Hi AL. Anyone (Canadian citizens who can legally enter) can hunt in the USA. Costs can vary wildly from state to state, and critter to critter. Google your target states fish and game dept and look for “non-resident” licenses and tags. Regulations also vary a huge amount by state, so it takes some time to find the right fit for your hunt. All the states have amazing geography, it just depends on your likes. Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Idaho and Montana are my favourite states for outdoor life.

If you don’t have a criminal record, it should be easy for you to get your rifle in as well. You fill out and submit an ATF Form 6, and away you go. The only trick is you need to know exactly which and how much ammo you want to bring.

I live right on the border, and cross multiple times per week (like I will in an hour), and talk/go hunting with both US CBP and Canada Customs agents. If you can’t find the answers to any questions, let me know and I will ask for you.