PDA

View Full Version : 3-12/3-20/8-21 Whiterock lake no go zone Rant and Rave

RadHimself
11-12-2023, 06:39 PM
Can anyone legitimately tell me why they even bothered making this area a no motor/electric bike u name it zone if they had no intention of enforcement?
There aint no such thing as the honour system in the interior, clearly!

If 1 CO went and patrolled on whiteman creek, mowingmachine, stuart main, white elephant, jimmy lake over to bouleau lake area for one weekend and acted like it was something to take seriously, MAYBE every swinging dixk with a 4x4 a side by side or an Atv might CONCIDER this as a no go zone, get off your ass and hike in sally

Im so incredibly sick of hiking my ass off all day, just to have some dickhead on a quad whose completely ignorant to map reading or where they even are on planet earth come cruising past me over 10km past the god damn boundry

Hunting in this province is becoming a complete and utter joke

thick
11-12-2023, 07:33 PM
The problem lies in who is ‘they’… The reasoning at first back in 2021 was to close the area for ‘safety’ as well as to protect wildlife (First Nation concerns). So the ‘they’ was BCWS pushing the safety element into that first fall of 2021 as well as FNs pushing the wildlife piece. Those are the 2 ‘they’s creating the restrictions and then the ‘they’ left to enforce it is the CO’s…

The CO’s have no stake in it as it’s a joke to begin with. Industry, mushroom pickers, dog walkers, ranchers, everyone else was allowed into the area asides from hunters. The CO’s having to sift through the folks who are allowed to be there vs the hunters tgat aren’t allowed is just a big fat waste of their time so hence the lack of enforcement to the point it is now.

The bizarre thing to me is the 2023 fires around here have no area restrictions- MacDougall, Rossmore, Adams Lake, all WIDE open and all the same type of area as Whiterock, Mabel, Winnifred of 2021…

It was the flavor of 2021 as a result of certain FN bands pushing the agenda. I was fine with it at the time but agree it’s a complete joke without enforcement

The GOOD NEWS is, that area still holds some great deer that choose to live in areas that even the 1000cc SxS’s and the 12” lift trucks cannot access. Boot leather only to some of the best areas which can be hiked into from ‘Open’ roads.

I know the frustration though when you hike into a ‘closed’ area to just have some putt-putt cruise by you… only way to avoid this is hunt the timber and ridges where there are no trails or roads

bighornbob
11-12-2023, 09:57 PM
All quads and trucks have plates. Did you take pictures to send to the RAPP line?

BHB

Can anyone legitimately tell me why they even bothered making this area a no motor/electric bike u name it zone if they had no intention of enforcement?
There aint no such thing as the honour system in the interior, clearly!

If 1 CO went and patrolled on whiteman creek, mowingmachine, stuart main, white elephant, jimmy lake over to bouleau lake area for one weekend and acted like it was something to take seriously, MAYBE every swinging dixk with a 4x4 a side by side or an Atv might CONCIDER this as a no go zone, get off your ass and hike in sally

Im so incredibly sick of hiking my ass off all day, just to have some dickhead on a quad whose completely ignorant to map reading or where they even are on planet earth come cruising past me over 10km past the god damn boundry

Hunting in this province is becoming a complete and utter joke

RadHimself
11-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Im not a Rat...

people are going to be people wether you report them or not

i have ZERO faith in our CO's after an incident with a bull moose that was shot, cut open, left, reported then no follow up call or **** all. next spring i went to collect the skull and take it home as id been eye'ing this bull for a few years never getting a draw tag. Clowns attempted to throw the book at me for removing a dead head from the forest.

They're no better then the police, collect a cheque, do as little as possible while at work and happily be tax payer funded