PDA

View Full Version : Bison 7-42 D Jan 1-15th

morgan9williams
11-06-2023, 06:26 PM
Got a group draw this year, planning on staying at Sikanni chief outfitters. Has anyone got any useful info for the area? I went there last year for the Jan 15-31st - it was -43 everyday!!!! Hahaha but we had a blast, unfortunately we weren't successful. last year we rented sleds, the cost was crazy for 7 days, wondering if anyone knows if it's ok to run atv's with tracks on them? or even Side x sides? Has anyone who's had earlier draws been successful? thanks for any info your willing to share.
MW

Cub Driver
11-06-2023, 07:07 PM
Muskwa-Kechika Access Management Area
2 (1) A person commits an offence if he or she uses or operates a motor vehicle within the area outlined in black and shaded in green as shown on the attached Map No. MK2018.
(2) Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a snowmobile weighing less than 500 kg within the management area during the period November 1 to April 15.
(3) Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a motor vehicle on or within 10 m of a road delineated by a thin red line on the attached Map No. MK2018.
(4) Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a motor vehicle on or within 400 m of the midline of a road delineated by a thick red line on the attached Map No. MK2018.
(5) Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates an atv weighing less than 750 kg on or within 10 m of the midline of a road or trail delineated by a green line on the attached Map No. MK2018.
(6) Repealed. [B.C. Reg. 115/2018, App. 4, s. 1 (c).]

Cub Driver
11-06-2023, 07:15 PM
Of Road Vehicle Regs
"snowmobile" means a vehicle other than an all-terrain vehicle or a motorcycle that
(a)is designed for travel on snow or ice,

(b)has one or more steering skis,

(c)is self-propelled by means of one or more endless belts driven in contact with the ground, and

(d)has a seat designed for the driver to sit astride.

Cub Driver
11-06-2023, 07:26 PM
(2) Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a snowmobile weighing less than 500 kg within the management area during the period November 1 to April 15.

Snowmobile do not the have to stay on designated routes. This may not be the case in BC Parks. Check Park management plans

camo-redneck
11-06-2023, 08:36 PM
Send me a pm. Things have changed in the last few years there. We were “ lucky “ to pull out a bison this year. Not as easy as it once was.

BimmerBob
11-06-2023, 10:17 PM

Snowmobile do not the have to stay on designated routes. This may not be the case in BC Parks. Check Park management plans

Interesting, one of the sno-bikes might be just the ticket, they are extremely fast and go almost anywhere there is snow and are light (about the weight of a 250 cc dirt bike).

Cheers and be well.../B

Darksith
11-07-2023, 09:37 AM
Got a group draw this year, planning on staying at Sikanni chief outfitters. Has anyone got any useful info for the area? I went there last year for the Jan 15-31st - it was -43 everyday!!!! Hahaha but we had a blast, unfortunately we weren't successful. last year we rented sleds, the cost was crazy for 7 days, wondering if anyone knows if it's ok to run atv's with tracks on them? or even Side x sides? Has anyone who's had earlier draws been successful? thanks for any info your willing to share.
MW

if your on facebook check out my BC Bison Hunting page.

I will shoot ya a PM

ElliotMoose
11-07-2023, 09:47 AM
My buddy is up hunting that right now. He said that nobody is seeing buffalo. They spotted a very small herd yesterday finally up in the nastiest spot in the rock bluffs and were planning to go after them today . He sent some pics and it looks cold and snowy as one would expect!

j270wsm
11-07-2023, 01:39 PM
Interesting, one of the sno-bikes might be just the ticket, they are extremely fast and go almost anywhere there is snow and are light (about the weight of a 250 cc dirt bike).

Cheers and be well.../B

have you ridden a snow bike? They are heavier than a 250cc dirt bike and hitting logs with the ski usually results in falling over. So you need a decent amount of snow. The good part is they have a rad so they don’t over heat like sleds when going slow

Woody P
12-13-2023, 03:49 PM
My buddy is up hunting that right now. He said that nobody is seeing buffalo. They spotted a very small herd yesterday finally up in the nastiest spot in the rock bluffs and were planning to go after them today . He sent some pics and it looks cold and snowy as one would expect!

Is there much snow up there right now? I thought that there was very little if any.

Woody P
12-13-2023, 03:52 PM
MW

My buddy took one out of the Horse Camp.

Darksith
12-14-2023, 12:41 PM
MW

are you on the bc bison hunting page on FB?

No ATV's with tracks are not considered a snow machine. What zone are you hunting? I know of a few bison down but the lack of snow is really hampering peoples ability or willingness this year. Snow is always an issue, the valleys don't get a ton ever.

You're crazy to rent sleds...buy $2500 sleds that are air cooled and then sell them after for $2000.00 or wait until the next season and sell them for what you paid. RMK's are a great option for this, or older Tundra's if you can find them.

Super happy to help ya out, shoot me a pm if you want.