PDA

View Full Version : Using Alberta Roads or Trails?

AndrewCG
11-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Hey Guys,

This might be a somewhat random topic, but I couldn't find any information on this when I spent a little time searching. I'm wondering if there are any rules against using Alberta roads/trails to access remote areas of British Columbia for hunting. I'm aware of rules regarding not crossing national parks with hunting gear, even if your intention is to use trails to access areas outside the park borders. Therefore, I'm curious if there are similar rules for hiking from an Alberta or Yukon road/trail network to access areas of British Columbia that might be more challenging to reach from the BC side. Anyways, it's just a matter of curiosity as I've noticed some roads near the border that could provide hiking access to interesting areas in BC. So, if you have information on this, I would love to hear it.

Drew

Livewire322
11-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Check the “export from the province” section on page 15 of the regs.

Husky7mm
11-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Many of the roads in Alberta near the mountains/ border are access restricted zones, and gated. No licensed highway vehicles allowed past the gates unless your industry. Some have security shacks and personnel. What this means is you will be walking on foot, horse back, bicycle, or OHV in the afternoons only. That said there are no secrets, there are people with friends and family in bc and Alberta hunting these zones from both sides using the hunter host system. I believe this is the case from north to south.

Norwestalta
11-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Don't know what area you're taking about but I beleive some bc outfitters pack into bc from the alberta side south of Gp down around two lakes. I thought about going the other way by taking a float plane to a bc lake and packing the mile back to alberta.