PDA

View Full Version : COs Blitz 3 Day GOS 6-1

Bigdoggdon
10-24-2023, 09:40 PM
My Sister and I just got back from the 3 day GOS in 6-1. Unsuccessful, saw some sign, maybe needed a few more days to zero in on one but it wasn't to be this year. Many, Many other hunters in the area, competition for good spots was tough, especially when a few a$$hats decided to block off areas by setting up their camp in the middle of a couple key roads.

The CO's were out in force. I saw at least 6 different Officers over the 3 days. I was checked in camp twice, on the road twice and stopped 2 other times to say hi. Have never seen a presence like that before. I guess when there's no other openings anywhere it's easy to concentrate on one MU. It would be interesting to see the stats on what infractions were found and what compliance levels were found.

Never saw a moose in the 5 days in the bush, L O T S of grouse though.

BDD

LBM
10-25-2023, 07:26 AM
What did the COs say or do about the guys stopping access by blocking roads with there camps.

high horse Hal
10-25-2023, 10:12 AM
............ It would be interesting to see the stats on what infractions were found and what compliance levels were found..............
BDD
compliance and enforcement info search, no stats per say, just names and infractions, select 'wildlife act'

Arctic Lake
10-25-2023, 10:17 AM
Yes I would like to know this as well ! Who the hell do those people think they are ? I don’t like that sort of person !
Fine their ass off !
Arctic Lake
What did the COs say or do about the guys stopping access by blocking roads with there camps.

mike31154
10-25-2023, 12:20 PM
I was supposed to go with some buddies to 6-1 from 14-24 Oct. Opted out this year. Been to the area twice before, once for a successful LEH, once unsuccessful GOS. My buds got a nice bull around the 20th, sent me a text with photo. They didn't mention anything about running into CO's. The year we got the LEH moose there was a checkpoint in Cache Creek on the way home.

Bigdoggdon
10-25-2023, 10:06 PM

One camp that was blocking where 2 roads met were ordered to move their parked vehicles off of the main FSR, however they were not asked to move their Wall Tent that was blocking a long side road (15km with access into Entiako Prov Park).

northernguy
10-26-2023, 09:53 AM
Not supporting the blocking of roads at all...but there is a vehicle restriction into Entiako Park. Yes, it's voluntary. But...Removing the access blocks on the Malaput Road is a violation of the Forestry Act.