PDA

View Full Version : Home made pepperoni. Whats your go to recipe/ pre made kit

bard
10-22-2023, 12:37 AM
Going to make some deer/ beef/pork pepperoni. Looking to make a regular pepperoni and maybe a honey garlic. Haven't made any in a while. I have used a make it yourself recipe and a hi mountain kit in the past. Just wondering what everyone else uses. Anyone got a good recipe they want to share? Also going to make some jalapeņo and cheddar smokies with voodoo spice from meat church. They have a video on the process, and it looks like fire.
thanks

cdub
10-22-2023, 09:21 AM
My last 2 batches I used a recipe from Duncan Henry YouTube channel. Worked perfect but could be a bit hotter.
The last pre made recipe was from stuffers that worked fine but I prefer scratch recipes.

Arctic Lake
10-22-2023, 10:07 AM
Have not made any sausage my self but had been in the meat business for a long time . Have you checked out the Bearded Butchers You Tube Channel ? I think they cover a wide range of sausage making ideas .
Arctic Lake

Alpine Hunter
10-27-2023, 08:35 AM
The honey garlic pepperoni mix from Stuffers is very popular in our house. It comes in a 25 lb meat block mix. I highly recommend it.

Breiber
12-25-2023, 10:32 PM
Duncan Henry has some great recipes, Stuffers hot pepperoni is very good as well (not hot enough). I recently ordered Willie's snack sticks mix from Walton's and paid an arm and a leg for shipping. It was good but I don't get all the hype. One of my favorites is this one right here - Pepperoni Snack Sticks - Bush Cooking.pdf (file:///C:/Users/reibe/Desktop/Recipes/Smoked%20Meats/Pepperoni%20Snack%20Sticks%20-%20Bush%20Cooking.pdf)

Quince2
12-25-2023, 11:32 PM
9lbs deer
1lbs pork fat
stuffers hot pepperoni mix
1/2 cup honey
1table spoon la chinata smoked paprika
chipotle powder
fermento
water.

par freeze fat then cube.
when grinding deer, mix in a few chunks of deer for every piece of fat.
mix cold thourghly to get fat pieces mixed in well

OOBuck
12-26-2023, 11:49 AM
I'll second or third Duncan Henry, he's a buddy and all his recipes are really good, biggest thing is make sure to fry some up prior to stuffing for a taste test. I use to buy bulk from Stuffers in Van but I can make my version of pepperoni mix much cheaper and use raw spice. I do up enough to do 300lbs at a time. Raw spice is the only way to go, I would suggest using crushed chilli's rather than cayenne to adjust for heat. If Im mixing up enough for a 250lbs batch Ill use 360 grams of cayenne and adjust my levels to med & hot from there 4 table spoons of crushed chillis for medium 6 for hot.