PDA

View Full Version : The last days....

BearSniper
12-11-2007, 08:27 AM
No, not the end of the world......:???:

But.....Mulie season ends on the 15th in region 2 so I'm going to get out and pound the bush.8)

Been at work too much and I've saved a few days off so I've got to get out & get some fresh air.

Even though the office has lots of pretty girls to look at, I'd still rather get out in the woods.:-D

Fisher-Dude
12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Lucky dog. The muley season closed here in region 8 on Oct 31 and Nov 10. Because, our biologist says, region 8 mule deer are "way too stupid to be hunted in the rut". :|

Good luck finding one of those much MORE intelligent region 2 mulies in the last few days! :smile:

greenhorn
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Lucky dog. The muley season closed here in region 8 on Oct 31 and Nov 10. Because, our biologist says, region 8 mule deer are "way too stupid to be hunted in the rut". :|

Good luck finding one of those much MORE intelligent region 2 mulies in the last few days! :smile:

Are you serious? Did the bio actually say that?

Gunner
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Region 3 closed for mulies last night.We went out yesterday for one last hunt and found 4 bucks together.2 were 4X4's,and down they went!Neither was a monster,the bigger one maybe a 25" spread,bit they'll help fill the freezer with some tasty smokies and pepperoni.It is now officially coyote season! Gunner

Fisher-Dude
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Are you serious? Did the bio actually say that?

Dead serious. Yet we were able to hunt them back in the 70s and 80s with twice the hunters as we have now, for any buck all season, and with bigger snowfalls to bunch them up, from Sept 10 to Nov 30.

Obviously, the mule deer have had their brain cells destroyed by all the second hand pot smoke in the Okanagan, and are now too stupid to hunt during the rut. :-?

Fisher-Dude
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Region 3 closed for mulies last night.We went out yesterday for one last hunt and found 4 bucks together.2 were 4X4's,and down they went!Neither was a monster,the bigger one maybe a 25" spread,bit they'll help fill the freezer with some tasty smokies and pepperoni.It is now officially coyote season! Gunner

Good job Gunner! Now, where's them pics? You KNOW the RULES! :biggrin:

greenhorn
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Dead serious. Yet we were able to hunt them back in the 70s and 80s with twice the hunters as we have now, for any buck all season, and with bigger snowfalls to bunch them up, from Sept 10 to Nov 30.

Obviously, the mule deer have had their brain cells destroyed by all the second hand pot smoke in the Okanagan, and are now too stupid to hunt during the rut. :-?

Sorry to hear that you have stupid deer in your area:roll:.

You should come to the island. There's no point restriction and the season is nice and long (Sept. to Dec.). The deer are really smart too! I often see them curled up with a good book.:lol: