PDA

View Full Version : Splitting nose

Redemption
09-29-2023, 07:07 PM
Was shown how to turn lips and ears a few times and worked at it myself, but I now cant find a single video showing/explaining splitting of the nose. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Rackmastr
10-01-2023, 02:57 PM
What I do....

After cutting as much nose off the skull and keeping it attached to the cape, look at it from the 'inside' and you'll see a septum running down the center of the nose between both nostrils. Run a scalpel through that septum and essentially try to 'split' the septum, or at least stick on one side of it. At one point, you'll get through the cartilage and you'll see the nostrils split further apart. Continue running your blade through the center, keeping your finger on the outside of the nose. Most times the nostrils will fall apart nicely if you apply some back pressure.

Then, continue to try and find any 'corners' or curves that are holding fatty tissue in the nose, and split around the entire edge of the nose until they essentially tube out.

I've got a few taxidermy videos that show it well. I've wanted to create a good turning video for a while on Youtube as its something thats lacking a bit.