PDA

View Full Version : Princeton - China Creek

JPederson
09-19-2023, 09:21 AM
So I've been to Princeton a couple times already this season and although I have seen some animals they haven't been the correct ones. A typical hunt for me is to drive along a road until I get to about the 20 mile marker than I hike in a for a few hours each day (still hunting with a bow).

Now I have had some really great experiences, even getting the drop on some big moose so I really cant complain as far as experiences are concerned, but I would like to be successful out that way eventually.

On my way back from each trip I see nice rolling hills with groups of trees and grass around the 13 mile marker but I've never hiked that area, is that hunting area? I see a lot of cattle around there but no fence line, does anyone know if that's public or private land up around there?

I'm not looking to take anyone's spot, I just want to cover more ground and my current area is pretty thick and crunchy.

Feel free to slide me a private message.

dino
09-19-2023, 10:07 AM
There is land turned into a wildlife reserve there. Used to be open.

wos
09-19-2023, 10:13 AM
If you are referring to west China creek road that area gets a lot of day use traffic from lots of hikers and mountain bikes.

JPederson
09-19-2023, 11:51 AM
There is land turned into a wildlife reserve there. Used to be open.

Ya, kind of looked like a hiking area more so than hunting. Thanks for the reply!

JPederson
09-19-2023, 11:52 AM
If you are referring to west China creek road that area gets a lot of day use traffic from lots of hikers and mountain bikes.

Oddly enough it seemed rather quiet when I was up there yesterday on my way out. I guess I'll have to stick with my crunchy area haha. Thanks for the reply!

blackford
09-21-2023, 06:19 PM
Better areas in Princeton. Keep on number 3 and look for a logging road . Boots on the ground are way better