PDA

View Full Version : Lower Mainland Buck Help

jessonml
12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

I have one last day to get out this season, the last day of the season for lower mainland and I really want to get my first buck.
I was wondering if anyone had some pointers in the right direction for anywhere up past Chilliwack/ Hope area or futher as I was kind of suprised to see how far East region 2 extends.
I've heard of Skagit Valley but haven't read too much success there this season but other than that I haven't heard of much up there.
Up for anything and I appreciate the help as I have received some great advice on HBC in the past.
Thanks.

Steeleco
12-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Try a look see up Harrison west. There's plenty of cut blocks and small trails to walk. If the rut is happening soon, your chances should be good.

CooperSscat
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Try a look see up Harrison west. There's plenty of cut blocks and small trails to walk. If the rut is happening soon, your chances should be good.

Anybody have any luck up Harrison East? Is Bear Creek FSR still gated/locked???

Jeremy

Steeleco
12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Anybody have any luck up Harrison East? Is Bear Creek FSR still gated/locked???

Jeremy

No the gate is open, but the road is ugly with hidden ice and at about the 5 km mark there's a tree across the road at about windshield height. Even with a saw you'll be there for a hour or more. Not sure if the road beyond warrants the effort??

CooperSscat
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
No the gate is open, but the road is ugly with hidden ice and at about the 5 km mark there's a tree across the road at about windshield height. Even with a saw you'll be there for a hour or more. Not sure if the road beyond warrants the effort??

Ok thanks Steeleco.

What about Big Silver. You ever hunt the hills on the west side in between Big Silver and Harrison Lake?

Jeremy

Steeleco
12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I like to think of it has an outdoor adventure!!! Never shot anything on the west side, burned lots of gas trying!!!

Phoneguy
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
We tried Harrison West on Sunday. Turned around at about km 8 when the back end of my truck started going sideways towards a bigass ditch. Couldn't be bothered to put the chains on, went back and went into Weaver Lake, then up past Elbow Lake to the Chehalis/ Stalu intersection. Fair amount of packed snow in areas which was turning icy underneath. Not a single critter seen, not even a squirrel.

James

Scobo
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I walked past the fallen tree up bear creek a couple km. snow just gets deeper. the road was icy this past Sunday so probably even more icy now. be carefull. not a track within probably 2-3 days. went up past the 2nd logging camp and that too was a waste of time. Lots of snow and the road is just ruts in the snow after that. good spot to go and burn some gas though.

rishu_pepper
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
James, too bad you couldn't connect on Sunday. But at least you got back safe and sound. There just aren't enough critters to go around before Hope.