PDA

View Full Version : PG area moose/deer/bear/elk

jeremy84
09-13-2023, 09:00 AM
I am heading to PG to visit some family and to do some hunting. I'm curious as to the wildfire situation in that area. I know of the Tatuk lake fire, is it under control?? are there any closures in the area?
Also where is a good place to set up a base camp? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jeremy

Arctic Lake
09-13-2023, 09:23 AM
You might want to check out the BC Wildfire map. Would not hurt to give them a call .
Arctic Lake
I am heading to PG to visit some family and to do some hunting. I'm curious as to the wildfire situation in that area. I know of the Tatuk lake fire, is it under control?? are there any closures in the area?
Also where is a good place to set up a base camp? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jeremy

jeremy84
09-13-2023, 11:13 AM
looks like east of PG is fire free

RackStar
09-13-2023, 02:27 PM
Bowron river area

jeremy84
09-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Thanks. I'll look into those areas

jeremy84
09-18-2023, 01:24 PM
Ill be heading up this Friday to 7-12 first to check out a few spots I was looking at via google earth. I've checked the bc wildfire maps and it looks as though the Finger-Tatuk lake fire is still spreading. Does anyone know what the road conditions are like and the smoke situation?

Machinist
09-19-2023, 07:41 PM
Went into 7-17 / 7-18 on Sunday on the Quad for a look around , Grouse everywhere and lots of moose camps in there on the Pass Lake road , no moose hanging in any camps , Talked to a few hunters and they said moose were not yet answering a call so not quite yet into the rut , few cows were spotted but no Bulls , There is a good sized Logging camp on the Upper Torpy road so lots of logging activity during the week , was quite smokey there on Sunday but probably cleared up by now . hope this helps .

jeremy84
09-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Thanks Machinist, that is helpful. I'm not too sure if ill head that far east or if ill end up going north?

Machinist
09-20-2023, 10:08 AM
There is an Active fire North West of PG in the Great Beaver Lake area , seems like most of the fire activity is in that general direction from PG , FYI , it was -1 here this morning really frosty Sun and clouds today , really looks like Fall out there

Thanks Machinist, that is helpful. I'm not too sure if ill head that far east or if ill end up going north?

jeremy84
09-20-2023, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear the temps are down:grin: