PDA

View Full Version : Dawson Creek area Butcher and Sausage maker

22 Northriver 496
09-10-2023, 09:27 AM
Can any one recommend a good butcher in the Dawson Creek area please?
Thanks, Ron

Norwestalta
09-10-2023, 03:58 PM
I've used richards meats in pouce the last couple years for beef. Don't know what else there is in the dawson area. Corlanes should be able to steer you in the right direction. There's also the beaverlodge butchershop and if you call golden guns in beaverlodge they'll have a idea as well.

Night Hawk 3
09-11-2023, 07:57 AM
Richard’s Meats in Pouce Coupe which is now under new ownership and called Briar Ridge Custom Meats. One of Richard’s long time employees, Ariel, and her partner, Stefan who’s family owns the dairy farm next door, purchased the business. I’ve been getting meat cut and sausages prepared there for the past 14 years and it’s always been good.

Same recipes, and the office and other areas are getting repainted and cleaned up.

Note the regulations about moving meat between provinces if you’re going into and out of Alberta.

Other options in the area are Chetwynd, Fort St. John and Beaverlodge - all a pretty good drive from Dawson Creek.

RackStar
09-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Wembley also has , Alberta select meats. They offer after hours drop off too. Only 10 mins past beaver lodge

Norwestalta
09-12-2023, 06:52 AM
Wembley also has , Alberta select meats. They offer after hours drop off too. Only 10 mins past beaver lodge

This is the last place I'd go.

RackStar
09-12-2023, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up ….

I’m going on my 10 day elk hunt in 11 days. Where do you recommend I take my elk if I’m lucky? I had some pepperoni made there. It’s edible but not something I like eating.

Norwestalta
09-12-2023, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up ….

I’m going on my 10 day elk hunt in 11 days. Where do you recommend I take my elk if I’m lucky? I had some pepperoni made there. It’s edible but not something I like eating.

I'd go to beaverlodge butcher shop. Some of the best jerky ive ever had comes from beaverlodge. They are probably the best bet locally. I don't know if Lawrence's in dawson does wildgame but they put out a good product. Richards is alright but reasonably priced. I cut my own and have made my own jalapeno cheddar smokies from a recipe I found on here and they were pretty damn good. There is a place in Elmsworth/Rio grande that cuts meat. Heard they're not bad. Golden guns in beaverlodge has their number.
Don't let my experience with that wembley outfit scare you off. They might of gotten better but I won't have sfa to do with those guys.