PDA

View Full Version : 7-19 Moose Draw recreational vehicle advice

22 Northriver 496
09-05-2023, 04:26 PM
Hi, can someone tell me if you can run a side by side in 7-19? I find it a bit unclear in the regs.! Thanks guys

Night Hawk 3
09-05-2023, 04:43 PM
The star symbol is for Motor Vehicle Closed areas. Pay attention to the star, diamond, and triangle symbols in the text and headings of the Motor Vehicle Restrictions.

Here's what the regs say -

Page 61 for Region 7B says:

-------------
★ Motor Vehicle Closed Areas (See page 10)

MUs 7-19, 7-21(southeast portion), 7-31, 7-35, 7-36, 7-43, 7-53, and 7-57
★ above 1400 m in elevation.

However, the use of snowmobiles (less than 450 kg in weight) is allowed from Nov 1 - Apr 30. Onion Lake Trail (MU 7-21) and Talisman et al Murray Road (C-22-E/93-1-15) are open year-round. Contact Ministry office in Fort St. John for more information. See Map H7.
-------------

map H7 on page 64 is pretty poor...

Page 10 says:

-------------
MOTOR VEHICLE PROHIBITION / RESTRICTIONS

There are 2 types of motor vehicle restrictions under the Wildlife Act, and all types can be seasonal or year-round.

1) Motor Vehicle Closed Area: Prohibits the use or operation of a motor vehicle and e-bike. These prohibitions can be for all motor vehicles, or specific to
ATVs/e-bikes or snowmobiles.

2) Motor Vehicle for Hunting Closed Area: The operation of motor vehicles and e-bikes to hunt, transport wildlife, transport equipment and supplies which are intended for or in support of hunting, or transport hunters to and from the location of wildlife is prohibited. These prohibitions can apply to all motor vehicles or be specific to ATVs/e-bikes or snowmobiles.

For full definitions and detailed regulations, see the Wildlife Act Motor Vehicle Prohibition Regulation.
-------------
You can run a motor vehicle IF the elevation is below 1400 meters.

It seems pretty straightforward to me. ~NH3