PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Whitetail or....

Sitkaspruce
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
(EDIT) It is apparently the biggest whitetail in Alberta. Since I have recieved it twice on the net, I am going to break a personal rule and post it here to see what you guys see. At first I thought BS, but the more I look at it the more it might be for real.

Nice deer if it is for real.

Here is the buck
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/pic01587.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/pic09503.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/pic07448.jpg

Here is what it said in both emails to me.
Passing along some info on this one, which was shot near Two Hills this fall (winter). Biggest typical whitetail taken in Alberta EVER! He will be on the cover of Buck magazine very soon. Don't know the score but it would be unbelievable ...
Apparently he has been offered $200,000.00 for it already.

BCrams
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Actually, the buck is real.

He is a guide that works for an outfitter. For his hard work, he was rewarded with a day off to hunt for himself and this is the buck he took. It is also his first whitetail he has taken for himself.

The buck green scores 190.

bighornbob
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
From the Boone and Crockett website.

I hope this clarifies some things before this thread gets way out of wack with BS.

Alberta Whopper December 7, 2007This photo has been making the email rounds, but no information has yet followed. Whatever the story, this is a truly impressive whitetail. We'll update you when we learn more.

UPDATE: Scott Yetman was guiding for Diamond Willow Outfitters last fall, and was rewarded by being allowed to go on a hunt of his own. This giant buck was the result, and is reported to be Scott's first deer ever! Reports are that it will score approximately 190 as a typical, but it has not yet been officially entered.

Sitkaspruce
12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys

I just got my third email about it. Not too bad for a first buck.......

Stone Sheep Steve
12-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Isn't it a 2006 buck as it was in the outfitter's advertisement in the last Big Buck edition? I seem to recall seeing those pics months ago??

SSS

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
How soon they forget. :roll:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17334

ruger#1
12-10-2007, 11:10 AM
didnt this guy shoot it, now im confusedhttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/GateWhitey.jpg

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, the guy with the wild hair shot the buck. And with a 243 so I've been told! :biggrin:

oscar makonka
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
That was shot a couple years ago. Not the biggest in Alberta by a long shot. Scores in the 180's, a little creative lens work involved.

proguide66
12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm did some 'math guessing'..( points coulda been longer)...but I would guess 65" of mass alone...guessing a 208 gross score........( guess a 24" inside) g1-6"...g2-8"...g3- 10" main beams 25 ?????........if Gate shot it he would be posing nude with it.........or on it ?.......

todbartell
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
judging by the size of Gatehouse's hands in that pic, he would of shot that buck in November of 1980

Wildfoot
12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
its in the spring or summer issue of big buck.

YukonJack
12-10-2007, 02:45 PM
How's he prop that pig up with a mere couple fingers for the pic? Maybe a bit of rigor involved?:eek:

Gateholio
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Look at the third pic. Are we sure that guy isn't in BC, because he looks like he's stoned.:cool:

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Look at the third pic. Are we sure that guy isn't in BC, because he looks like he's stoned.:cool:

And the OP of the original thread's name is "Bud".

I still think the big hair guy shot it, despite his claim of being a Trophy Blacktail hunter and being ashamed to shoot a dinky dog rat whitetail deer.

MIL720
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
B.S. How in the hell do you hold the weight of that head and rack with just the tip of your thumb? I don't believe it......

bighornbob
12-10-2007, 04:46 PM
B.S. How in the hell do you hold the weight of that head and rack with just the tip of your thumb? I don't believe it......

You shoot said deer and throw it in the back of your truck and the head rests on the side of the box and it freezes solid in a few hours. If you look at the one eye it looks buggered becuase it was probably leaning on something and froze.

We shot a few deer in sask last week and they froze sold like a sheet of plywood. Tough to pack gear around a few bodies.:biggrin:

BHB

ruger#1
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks like his finger is stuck in his fly on the third picture. Whats that all about?

Sitkaspruce
12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry Guys

Need to read more of the postings. Did not see it posted here DUH!!!!

From the emails I got, you would think it was a new buck.

Please DELETE....DELETE

or LOCK it up.

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Looks like his finger is stuck in his fly on the third picture. Whats that all about?

Maybe his finger froze there when he was taking a whiz? Or was he just confused when the phtographer said "Hold on to the horn"? :biggrin:

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Didn't I hear a moderator say their will be no talks about drugs on this site.If you want people to respect the rules then hold yourself accountable.I am sure the guy wouldnt appreciate that comment either.:oops:

Will
12-10-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/images/smilies/animated/fencing.gif

ruger#1
12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
i thought bigfishyhunter was a mod. I though it looked like someone threw stones at him to. Could be wrong ,im never right.

todbartell
12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Didn't I hear a moderator say their will be no talks about drugs on this site.If you want people to respect the rules then hold yourself accountable.I am sure the guy wouldnt appreciate that comment either.:oops:

go pound sand, and stop trolling

more guys would probably take offense of an avatar with a noose around a guys neck than reading about some dorito munchin' deer hunter from AB

Will
12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

more guys would probably take offense of an avatar with a noose around a guys neck than reading about some dorito munchin' deer hunter from AB
:lol::lol::lol:

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2007, 09:11 PM

All this from a guy who wears women's pannies and shoots a Remington 710.

BHF is just cranky 'cause it's 9 months 'til huntin season.

GrizGuy92
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM

HAHHA sorry... Had to laugh ..

Nice buck though.. I was thinkin about the fact that he's holding it up with 1 finger also..

Gateholio
12-11-2007, 01:48 AM

Still upset that your poll didn't go the way you planned? :lol:

Maybe you should move on?:roll:

And, once again, if you find a post offensive, feel free to use the "REPORT A POST" feature. It's more effective and certainly more mature than attempting to start stuff in a thread.;)

Gateholio
12-11-2007, 01:53 AM
And.....since this has been posted before, the originator of this thread asked to lock it and heck, it will probably go downhill anyway, I may as well lock it.:p