PDA

View Full Version : If anyone in Kelowna or lake country…

RyoTHC
08-18-2023, 10:34 AM
Good luck.

jan.wi97
08-18-2023, 10:52 AM
I second that... I have a large acreage in West Kelowna and RV's and animals are welcome!

I also have my RV hooked up and it sleeps ten. Showers, bathroom etc all available... just send me a message.
RYO, if you need to send anyone my way, please do so!

RyoTHC
08-18-2023, 11:01 AM
I second that... I have a large acreage in West Kelowna and RV's and animals are welcome!

I also have my RV hooked up and it sleeps ten. Showers, bathroom etc all available... just send me a message.

I’ll add that to the list of available resources, I’m sure it’ll be greatly appreciated by whoever it helps!

hopefully it doesn’t get any worse but if the floods here taught me anything it’s to be prepared now

britman101
08-18-2023, 11:33 AM
From recent news reports the strong winds have pushed sparks and embers from the fire across Okanagan Lake to the Lake Country side. Also the Kelowna International Airport has been closed, and has been restricted to fire fighting aircraft traffic only. It is kind of frightening how fast the fire is travelling on the north side, as the fire map shows they are speculating it could get to Fintry if the high winds continue.

RyoTHC
08-18-2023, 11:44 AM
Okanagan lake resort is toast as well.

tuner
08-18-2023, 02:01 PM
Very neighbourly offer. I hope no one requires it, although the situation looking increasingly dire. My sister has been keeping me appraised of developments(she lives in Lake County) and it is not a pretty picture. Friends of theirs have lost their home in Glenmore, and appears the situation is not improving under the current weather conditions.

browningboy
08-18-2023, 02:18 PM
I have a family coming in from West Kelowna as they were evacuated, they have no idea about their house as they did have the cameras until they lost power... They could have managed that fire yesterday morning with a water bomber, but seems like the government don't do shit

elimsprint
08-18-2023, 03:37 PM
I have a family coming in from West Kelowna as they were evacuated, they have no idea about their house as they did have the cameras until they lost power... They could have managed that fire yesterday morning with a water bomber, but seems like the government don't do shit

Spend money on reliable water bombers, they can't because they sent the money to the Ukraine, African dictators, 16mil to china to pay for Guilbauts seat on their Council on the environment and on and on and on ad nauseum.
Check out Coulson Aviation from Port Alberni and ask yourself why these aircraft are not on the front lines here.

Norwestalta
08-18-2023, 05:59 PM
Add me to the list of places to go or if anyone is in need of my fire set up.

Bigdoggdon
08-18-2023, 08:16 PM
Okanagan lake resort is toast as well.

This one makes me especially sad. My Daughter was "made" there.

jlirot
08-18-2023, 09:07 PM
Good job Ryo. I have space in Lac Le Jeune and Vancouver. Lots of room to park RVs in LLJ.

Redthies
08-18-2023, 10:23 PM
Good job Ryo. I have space in Lac Le Jeune and Vancouver. Lots of room to park RVs in LLJ.

Isn’t The Lake on fire too??

Everybody be safe and if you live outside the toilet bowl, make sure you have your poop in a group so you can be gone in a hurry!

HarryToolips
08-18-2023, 11:45 PM
I'm up in Clearwater, but if anyone who is displaced needs a spot to park an rv for a few days
(don't have hookups), just PM me...

Redthies
08-19-2023, 05:24 AM

Jan, are you guys in a safe zone away from the fires this time?

jan.wi97
08-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Jan, are you guys in a safe zone away from the fires this time?

Hey James,
Yes so far we are ok... the alert boundary is currently bordering our road.

Blows my mind how the fire was ignored for all of Wednesday and only when it grew significantly
were measures taken.

Redthies
08-19-2023, 09:09 PM
Well, it’s not like it’s dry in the Okanagan :roll:

I don’t think it’s ignorance (which can be fixed with knowledge), but rather stupidity in the decision makers case. They say you can’t fix stupid, but a well placed pillow and some weight behind it can work wonders!

Glad to hear you guys are ok. Fingers crossed it stays away!