PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermy

Norcana
08-16-2023, 12:52 PM
Hello forum members,

My father Victor passed away this year (BCHUNTERFSJ) and he was known be on this forum twice or three times a day. I'm in the process of downsizing and selling my fathers trophies on behalf of my mother. He has about 50 trophies (North America, South America, Europe, New Zealand, Africa) that need new homes. I've contacted Bass pro shop but they are not buying any more trophies. Would any members on this forum know of any contacts that would be interested in buying some or all trophies?

I apologies to the moderator if this is the wrong place to post this inquiry.

All the best to you all and shoot straight this fall!

Thank you for your responses

Alpine Hunter
08-16-2023, 01:00 PM
You could try A1 Fur Traders in Vernon. Condolences to you and your family.

high horse Hal
08-16-2023, 06:33 PM
BCHUNTERFSJ had some good input, condolences.

A1 is now C&D International Furtraders

just remember the saying 'the beauty/value is in the eye of the beholder/hunter'

RyoTHC
08-16-2023, 06:48 PM
My condolences sir
always enjoyed reading his posts.
reach out to some of the more well known taxidermists they may have outlets for mounts.

ElectricDyck
08-16-2023, 09:16 PM
RIP, I enjoyed his posts..coming for all of us.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-17-2023, 02:36 AM
Please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father.
He was definitely well respected in this hunting community and he certainly knew how to hunt hard.

That’s a lot of critters to get rid of. CD International Fur Traders might be the best place to start

SSS

TheObserver
08-17-2023, 10:19 PM
Condolences to you and the family, I remember him posting a Hunt last year Whitetail Buck, i'm guessing probably his last one. Stayed passionate about hunting right up into his final days!

Norwestalta
08-18-2023, 07:34 AM
My condolences. One thing to be aware of is getting the proper permits to sell wildlife. I know of a guy that got pinched by not doing so.

eric
08-18-2023, 07:40 AM
Maybe reach out to Backcountry in FSJ, or try Corlanes in Dawson..

hellojello74
08-18-2023, 09:30 AM
Sorry for your loss.

What about any museums or lodges.

We are discussing in the family a similar problem with my grandfathers collection.

I know if you don't have paperwork as part of the estate process there is a way to get the right paperwork for them.

Let us know if you find something that works as we are also trying to figure it out.
Though some of our family are trying to keep the collection together which may prove impossible.

HappyJack
08-18-2023, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, it's a sad time when we lose our parents.

Norcana
08-18-2023, 10:24 AM
Thank you all for the condolences. Fortunately my father has all of his existing tags, that will make it easier to get the transfer permits needed. He was very organized ;)

Norwestalta
08-18-2023, 09:13 PM
Thank you all for the condolences. Fortunately my father has all of his existing tags, that will make it easier to get the transfer permits needed. He was very organized ;)

Not so sure it's tags that's needed. The guy I was talking to lost his hunting rights because he put a ad on kijiji, trying to sell a whitetail mount. If memory is correct I think he was charged with trafficking wildlife. I'd suggest first and foremost you talk to a fish and feathers guy. Hate to see you get in shit unknowingly.