PDA

View Full Version : Wall tent repairs

wos
08-12-2023, 09:59 PM
Can anyone recommend someone in the fraser Valley that can do some repairs on my wall tent?

Redthies
08-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Fabric or frame?

For fabric, any upholstery shop should be able to do what you need. If you can get in to Surrey, I have an affordable option there. She’s a bit crazy, but works fast and is far cheaper than my previous place.

wos
08-13-2023, 08:19 AM
Fabric or frame?

For fabric, any upholstery shop should be able to do what you need. If you can get in to Surrey, I have an affordable option there. She’s a bit crazy, but works fast and is far cheaper than my previous place.

Please pm me her contact info I do go into Surrey somewhat frequently

Redthies
08-13-2023, 08:27 AM
Please pm me her contact info I do go into Surrey somewhat frequently

Will do. Russell brewing is just down the street so you can have a beer and tacos if you time it right!

Downwindtracker2
08-13-2023, 08:31 AM
The truck tarp shops can do canvas. They don't like to ,but can. They have the big industrial sewing machines. I've done small tent repairs with a Yankee Speed Stitcher. It's a needle and awl combined. It's left over from the days of sail. Lee Valley has them, Princess Auto sometimes too. They are handy for harness work as well. Or if it's a large job, you can find a Singer Featherweight sewing machine. They are not light, in fact they are heavier than 'ell and can do heavy fabric easily.

wideopenthrottle
08-13-2023, 10:56 AM
I have hand stitched seams using waxed dental floss...worked great...

thompie505
08-13-2023, 02:11 PM
Could you pm her info too please.

Fabric or frame?