PDA

View Full Version : Closures

Busterbrown
08-10-2023, 09:22 AM
With all the fires in BC this year , I was expecting to hear of some area closures . So far I cannot find anything on line, have there been any area closures announced?

Bugle M In
08-10-2023, 04:04 PM
With all the fires in BC this year , I was expecting to hear of some area closures . So far I cannot find anything on line, have there been any area closures announced?
I was just discussing this with my hunting partner.
A few years back they closed the back country for most of September.
I am wondering if it’s going to happen again!??

rageous
08-10-2023, 04:17 PM
There’s already discussions going on about more future closures as a result of this years wildfires.

Busterbrown
08-10-2023, 04:33 PM
I have property in 3-29 that has been under an ATV ban since the Sparks lake fire. Two years later the Whiterock lake fire has closed the area behind my home to all motorized vehicles. I expect we will be seeing something again. I feel for guys who have early season plans in region 7 as it was hit really hard in this years fires

RyoTHC
08-10-2023, 05:22 PM
They will announce the closures the last day of august before the bulk of the GOS opens just to **** over hunters.

Livewire322
08-10-2023, 06:38 PM
If I’m not mistaken, the last few major burns (Sparkes Lake, Tremont Creek, etc.) had MV closures issued at the time of the burn and immediately following it. They were maintained for sometime afterwards and have only just been modified this past spring.

So, it should hold that if there is an MV closure in place now, it’ll hold for at least a few years.

Arctic Lake
08-10-2023, 08:15 PM
Well that would suck if you had an LEH draw and then could not travel in the area !
If that was the case off the top of my head I would say you should be able to either transfer to another area or have the same draw the following year . What do you fellas think ?
Arctic Lake

RackStar
08-10-2023, 08:43 PM
Have a plan B. I backpacked in for opener last year and got evacuated on day 2. Didn’t have a plan b and ended up picking a random area that turned into a dull hunt. Was seeing elk and has some bugling, sure sucked to leave

Wentrot
08-10-2023, 08:54 PM
Well that would suck if you had an LEH draw and then could not travel in the area !
If that was the case off the top of my head I would say you should be able to either transfer to another area or have the same draw the following year . What do you fellas think ?
Arctic Lake

lol sure let’s just transfer a heap of people to some other random area to harvest their moose there instead. How logical.

jamfarm
08-11-2023, 07:31 AM
All of these road closures are BS, "you can't drive on the road to support wildlife recovery", same as vehicle closures for grizzly bear restoration.

Drive on the road for logging or industrial purposes - OK
Drive on the road for commercial mushroom picking - OK
Drive on the road if you're First nations - OK
Drive on the road for hunting access - NOT OK

Right......

HappyJack
08-11-2023, 07:42 AM
They will announce the closures the last day of august before the bulk of the GOS opens just to **** over hunters.

That would be typical of the dippers.....

RyoTHC
08-11-2023, 08:02 AM
All of these road closures are BS, "you can't drive on the road to support wildlife recovery", same as vehicle closures for grizzly bear restoration.

Drive on the road for logging or industrial purposes - OK
Drive on the road for commercial mushroom picking - OK
Drive on the road if you're First nations - OK
Drive on the road for hunting access - NOT OK

Right......

the “math” is pretty simple.
they don’t want you to hunt.
they want you fully reliant on government handouts and corporate oligarchs.

that’s why they used Covid to nuke the middle class, they also nuked small businesses and business owners.. the only thing you’ll have the pleasure of doing soon is working for a corporation as a number and using your food stamps for approved GMO foods.

good luck folks !

Arctic Lake
08-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Maybe not that well thought out on my part .
Arctic Lake
lol sure let’s just transfer a heap of people to some other random area to harvest their moose there instead. How logical.

Bugle M In
08-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Yup, I agree, we are the problem child it seems.
And agree, they will wait til last minute to close it.
And yes, it will be targeting us hunters.
You seems you can still go camping right now.

As for logging being open, probably.
But then again, a couple more seasons like this and there won’t be much to log anymore.
Mine for charcoal I guess….,