PDA

View Full Version : SKRE camo

justachip
08-07-2023, 03:52 PM
Does anybody have real life experience with SKRE camo products? It looks like good stuff but I would like some opinions.

sako79
08-07-2023, 04:53 PM
I have the hard scrabble jacket And some merino. And I like it. I've had a first couple years now. Works good all made in China, but so arw other companies like first lite

savage10
08-07-2023, 09:11 PM
Have the hardscrabble pants, I’ve liked them so far. Wore them during spring bear. Ordered the wasatch long sleeve recently, not sure how I feel about the feel of the fabric, and the fit. But we will see when I put it to the test next month.

If you are looking for something for early season, that is more reasonably priced than Kuiu/Sitka ect I would look into Huto Lifeystyle. He is a BC guy based out of Vernon and just launched his camo gear. I ordered the short sleeve from him and I have to say it is one of the most comfortable shirts I have ever worn, and the camo pattern is great too. Also hope to put his game bags to the test soon as well!

kodeman
08-08-2023, 12:08 PM
I have had hardscrabble pants and jackets for 2 years now and I like it. Zero issues

J_T
08-08-2023, 12:39 PM
I have a couple pairs of the hardscrabble pants. I like them.
Gloves, hats, shirts, jackets. I have no use for. Sorry to SKRE. The gloves (expensive gloves) sweat so bad, I can't get them off. For me, I see too many of their pricey items are made of polyester. For me, polyester sucks.
Also, the inside of shirts, jackets, neck cuffs etc are white. If any part of an article of clothing has the white side exposed, I glo like a beacon.

I like my hardscrabble pants. But that's it.

HappyJack
08-08-2023, 01:58 PM
I ordered the hard scrabble shell and a set of down insulated bibs and jacket, they will get tested out this fall.

Redthies
08-09-2023, 03:08 AM
I ordered the hard scrabble shell and a will get tested out this fall.

Looks like very “sweaty” stuff. Is it made in Canada? That would be a plus.

First Lites Catalyst Jacket is a similar (fleece bonded to soft shell” piece, and only $2 more. I’ll stick to a company that has been around for 15 years and has a great reputation for building gear that works rather than a company I’ve never heard of, unless there is a lot of money being saved, which there isn’t.

I agree 100% with JT too. Polyester sucks if you are exerting more than maybe a 10% effort. I own a lot of ArcTeryx and even more First Lite gear, and the Catalyst fleece is my least worn piece of gear by far. Merino and down get the nod 95% of the time.

sako79
08-09-2023, 04:42 AM

First Lites Catalyst Jacket is a similar (fleece bonded to soft shell” piece, and only $2 more. I’ll stick to a company that has been around for 15 years and has a great reputation for building gear that works rather than a company I’ve never heard of, unless there is a lot of money being saved, which there isn’t.

I agree 100% with JT too. Polyester sucks if you are exerting more than maybe a 10% effort. I own a lot of ArcTeryx and even more First Lite gear, and the Catalyst fleece is my least worn piece of gear by far. Merino and down get the nod 95% of the time.

Nope skre is made in china just like first lite

RackStar
08-09-2023, 06:07 AM
I’d stick with the FL, Sitka , Kuiu,

no real savings to be had for limited reputation .. maybe worth a try if it was 50% cheaper then the other established brands in the market

SR80
08-09-2023, 06:29 AM
their ambassadors sure seem sketchy..

Redthies
08-09-2023, 07:52 AM
Nope skre is made in china just like first lite

So no real incentive there. FL does a ton for conservation and access. So there’s that.

Redthies
08-09-2023, 07:54 AM
I’d stick with the FL, Sitka , Kuiu,

no real savings to be had for limited reputation .. maybe worth a try if it was 50% cheaper then the other established brands in the market

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t own Sitka or Kuiu, but they certainly both have a good reputation.

HappyJack
08-09-2023, 09:09 AM

I got the Skre stuff on sale so figured I'd give it a shot. I do have some Sitka, and like how it fits, but it's too warm for Sept 1st elk hunts. If I end up not liking the Skre jacket I'll just wear it for fishing or sitting in the stand.