PDA

View Full Version : Sproat Lake in Port Alberni voted B.C.'s best lake in CBC bracket

IronNoggin
08-04-2023, 01:13 PM
Sproat Lake in Port Alberni voted B.C.'s best lake in CBC bracket

48 lakes and more than 100,000 votes later, the Vancouver Island lake takes the crown

It's Sproat, not Sprout Lake and after a tight race, CBC readers have decided Sproat is G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) when it comes to B.C.'s Best Lake.

From July 24 to Aug. 2, British Columbians whittled down a list of 48 lakes to crown a winner. More than 100,000 votes were cast and in a nail-biting final round, the Vancouver Island lake emerged victorious over Shuswap Lake in the province's southern interior.

With just a 120-vote difference (51.2 per cent to 48.8 per cent) the popular Port Alberni swimming and recreation site clinched the top spot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sproat-lake-best-in-bc-winner-1.6927373

IronNoggin
08-07-2023, 09:55 AM
How this Vancouver Island lake won the title of B.C.'s best lakehttps://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2252713539651

Edzzed
08-07-2023, 11:09 AM
I don't know how many votes I got in for Shuswap lake but figure at least 5 using computers, phones and ipad. I am also a bit biased in that I can see Shuswap lake if I turn my head to the left. lol.

Bugle M In
08-07-2023, 12:40 PM
Interesting, have a friend who just helped put another friend buy 3.5 acres on the outskirts of PA.
He hasn’t even seen it yet as he lives in Long Beach CA and has owned it for a year or 2 now!
Anyways, he is off to see it this week and mentioned there was a Great Lake up there for fishing.
Guess I will be visiting it sometime in the future.
Sounds like PA is starting to grow!?
lots of folks from the mainland certainly making a move to the island, mostly due to housing prices.

RyoTHC
08-07-2023, 03:05 PM
I don't know how many votes I got in for Shuswap lake but figure at least 5 using computers, phones and ipad. I am also a bit biased in that I can see Shuswap lake if I turn my head to the left. lol.

trying to artificially appreciate the local real estate market eh are ya!

Edzzed
08-07-2023, 08:07 PM
trying to artificially appreciate the local real estate market eh are ya!Not yet, Leads to higher taxes and we want to stay a while. As it is, Assessed value has more than doubled in the 2 years we have been here.

Arctic Lake
08-07-2023, 09:32 PM
Never been there but looks like a great place . You’d have to move there if you had recreational property the ferry would kill ya !
Arctic Lake