PDA

View Full Version : Most Amazing Looking Bears

Bigdoggdon
07-06-2023, 11:08 PM
I just got back from a work trip to Fort St. John. During the drive up and back I saw two of the most amazing looking bears I have seen in my life, just off the highway. On the drive North the other day I saw a small black bear (4 year old?) standing on his hind legs in the tall grass just across the ditch. He had a huge white patch on his chest. I've seen them before with a small moon shaped white crest, but this one had a patch that covered almost his whole chest. It was almost heart shaped too, like a care bear lol.

On the way back today I saw another Black bear. At first I thought it was a Grizzly. He was a big bear. Not a Griz, no shoulder hump. Blond colour phase, not cinnamon, Blond. He looked awesome. Was thinking I might even go back and look for him come august. Wish I had photos, but it's a little hard to pull that off while driving.

Steeleco
07-07-2023, 04:53 AM
Always like seeing bears over other critters. They all seem so different. A deer is a deer is a deer IMHO

HappyJack
07-07-2023, 06:21 AM
Always like seeing bears over other critters. They all seem so different. A deer is a deer is a deer IMHO

Except for that huge buck, big racks always get attention.

MRP
07-07-2023, 06:59 AM
When working I made thousands of trips north o PG. Seen quite a few blacks you have to look hard to convince your self there not grizzlies. A couple of them in the sun looked like polished copper, another one was like gold. One light brown momma I saw often over menny years always had 1 black cub and 1 or 2 the color and shape of a toasted marshmallow. East and West of town never seen nothing but black blackies.