PDA

View Full Version : Atlin Caribou Hunt

snipeshow
07-05-2023, 09:29 AM
Hi all. Lucky enough to get the 625A draw for caribou this year. Have a decent idea of spots and such but wondering on timing. I don't want one in velvet and I also want to eat the meat (so pre rut to early rut stage). Thinking best timing for this would be Sept 3 to 15th? Any other pointers greatly appreciated. Have a couple lakes I'm considering flying into as well, but may do the quad/hike method too. Feel free to pm me. Thanks in advance! This would be my first caribou if I harvest one so really looking forward to this hunt...been on the bucket list for awhile for me!

high horse Hal
07-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Great tag, some wicked nice country up there. You'll likely run into some nice moose too, so don't get distracted :)
We went up Spruce Cr then west and east, wound up getting a moose up Consolation Cr

358mag
07-05-2023, 04:11 PM
I believe these guys had the draw last year. They seem like they would be the type to help with some info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbO0afl5_hM

Goodluck and hopefully post the story when you get back.

Great video ! but one must be very careful if you posting hunting video's filmed BC when there dome segment showing on them .