PDA

View Full Version : 10x42 Binocular Review and Swaro NL Pure Raffle

Grasp
06-29-2023, 06:05 AM
Hey guys,

I just posted a new review and raffle. As always, I am open to feedback and requests for future reviews. Let me know if you have any questions.

In this updated binocular review for 2023 I compare 6 different 10x42 binoculars; Swarovski NL Pure, Leica Noctivid, Leica Trinovid, Zeiss Conquest, Tract Toric and Athlon Cronus G2. I analyzed and tested 21 different categories across 5 classes: Descriptive, Construction, Optics, Performance & Operation. At the conclusion of the review, I give 3 recommendations for binoculars within premium, mid-range and low-range budget constraints.

https://youtu.be/-Y_xxmHJjW4

Bear Brawler
06-29-2023, 06:13 AM
Jay, I'm watching it right now with my morning coffee!

Grasp
06-29-2023, 06:24 AM
Now THAT is how you start the day!

Weatherby Fan
06-29-2023, 07:56 AM
Jay, I'm watching it right now with my morning coffee!

same here, a cup or two of pikes place and a bino review……..what could be better !

Grasp, Great in depth review, I own or have owned 4 of the 6 binos you’re reviewing, Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski
you're spot on with your reviews,

I compared the Noctivid and the NL Pures at length and really only personal preferences set these binos apart, in the end the Leica appeared to have a whiter or lighter image and the Swarovski has a softer image and only due to the coating colour I suspect, they both have amazing images
The NL Pure is very comfortable to hold, probably the best of all binoculars but in the end I prefer the Noctivids view.

By the way not all Leicas are made in Portugal, Noctivids are made in Germany, I had to send mine in for repairs and they were even shipped to Germany for repairs

You are also correct on the Zeiss Conquest eyecups, simply they suck, I’ve had several pairs and in the end half of them had to go in for repairs to the eyecups, there are excellent glass for the money otherwise.

Grasp
06-29-2023, 08:07 AM
I could totally see that, the noctivids are great. I still prefer the colour profile my Zeiss Victory's had over the NL's. Definitely a matter of personal opinion when you get into the alpha binos. Very interesting about the Noctivids, that doesn't surprise me actually. Only a few spots where you can manufacture optics of that quality.

same here, a cup or two of pikes place and a bino review……..what could be better !

Grasp, Great in depth review, I own or have owned 4 of the 6 binos you’re reviewing, Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski
you're spot on with your reviews,

I compared the Noctivid and the NL Pures at length and really only personal preferences set these binos apart, in the end the Leica appeared to have a whiter or lighter image and the Swarovski has a softer image and only due to the coating colour I suspect, they both have amazing images
The NL Pure is very comfortable to hold, probably the best of all binoculars but in the end I prefer the Noctivids view.

By the way not all Leicas are made in Portugal, Noctivids are made in Germany, I had to send mine in for repairs and they were even shipped to Germany for repairs

You are also correct on the Zeiss Conquest eyecups, simply they suck, I’ve had several pairs and in the end half of them had to go in for repairs to the eyecups, there are excellent glass for the money otherwise.

Weatherby Fan
06-29-2023, 08:15 AM
I could totally see that, the noctivids are great. I still prefer the colour profile my Zeiss Victory's had over the NL's. Definitely a matter of personal opinion when you get into the alpha binos. Very interesting about the Noctivids, that doesn't surprise me actually. Only a few spots where you can manufacture optics of that quality.

HAHA there you go, a few years back 5 of us did a family review of optics, Zeiss Victory TFL 10x42, Leica Trinovid 10x42, Leica Geovid 10x42, Zeiss Conquest 10x42, Minox HG 10x50 and we all concur the Zeiss Victory TFL came out on top optically.

REMINGTON JIM
06-29-2023, 08:54 AM
HAHA there you go, a few years back 5 of us did a family review of optics, Zeiss Victory TFL 10x42, Leica Trinovid 10x42, Leica Geovid 10x42, Zeiss Conquest 10x42, Minox HG 10x50 and we all concur the Zeiss Victory TFL came out on top optically.

Still I think my “ Leica Geovid 10x42 “ are the BESTEST ! :wink: :grin: RJ

Weatherby Fan
06-29-2023, 11:05 AM
Still I think my “ Leica Geovid 10x42 “ are the BESTEST ! :wink: :grin: RJ

Yeh I prefer the Leicas as well, for extended glassing periods I get less eye fatigue, but again what my eyes see is different then the next guy, as with any glass it really is a personal preference, my nephew says he likes his Zeiss best, his Dad and I prefer the Leica glass, but I could SUFFER through using any of the top glass if I had to !!!

REMINGTON JIM
06-29-2023, 03:27 PM
Yeh I prefer the Leicas as well, for extended glassing periods I get less eye fatigue, but again what my eyes see is different then the next guy, as with any glass it really is a personal preference, my nephew says he likes his Zeiss best, his Dad and I prefer the Leica glass, but I could SUFFER through using any of the top glass if I had to !!!
:grin:
Yes Sir depends on the eyes There all GREAT binos ! :-D RJ