PDA

View Full Version : Spatsizi

Evanguy
06-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Before I start I just wanted to say I will be watching all the videos YouTube has to offer and reading all the post that mention Spatsizi on this forum.

Who has done it?
What would you do different if you did it again?
What was something you wish you brought and is there any things you didn't use even though you brought it?
Also what tips would you give to someone planning a 12 day fly in for Aug 2024 with a 13year old girl as their partner.
How many kms did you hike in total?

Sheep is the main focus but also plan to have a goat and caribou tag

Brooklyn came with me on a 10 day fly in goat trip in Mt Edziza (last year (2022)) when she was 11 so it wont be entirely new for us but the goat was both of ours first big game animal and since then we have also got 2 black tailed deer, so not overly experienced though.

The plan is still being figured out, I'm not sure should we hike a big loop back to cold fish lake to get picked up or should I see about getting picked up at a different lake and doing a through hike

ryanb
06-10-2023, 09:52 PM
Spatsizi is big country, lots of miles hiking. Make sure to not shoot a caribou too far from the lake if you want your daughter to enjoy the experience. Lots of country to cover in the eaglenest for sheep and goat. The coldfish camp makes a pretty luxurious basecamp.