PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Lake Bear

Breiber
06-10-2023, 12:07 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone have any experience/success with bear in the Bridge Lake area? Regions 5 and 3 as either are accessible from there. I'm headed up next week for a guys cabin trip and am on the fence about taking a rifle and snooping around for a spring bear. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots just wondering if it's worth the effort or if I should just hang at the cabin and spend my time with friends.

Thank you,
Brian

warnniklz
06-10-2023, 12:17 PM
take a rifle

TheObserver
06-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone have any experience/success with bear in the Bridge Lake area? Regions 5 and 3 as either are accessible from there. I'm headed up next week for a guys cabin trip and am on the fence about taking a rifle and snooping around for a spring bear. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots just wondering if it's worth the effort or if I should just hang at the cabin and spend my time with friends.

Thank you,
Brian

No experience hunting Bear up there, so can't really help. However I did see one of the Biggest Black Bears of my life in a slash close to Bridge Lake while hunting Deer at a buddys cabin up there, I believe I was just north west of Bridge Lake up one of the logging roads iirc, probably 4-5 years ago for what its worth. I think there is a good amount of them in that country.

Arctic Lake
06-10-2023, 01:21 PM
Send Remington Jim a PM he used to live up that way !
Arctic Lake
Hi All,

Thank you,
Brian

Breiber
06-10-2023, 01:30 PM
Send Remington Jim a PM he used to live up that way !
Arctic Lake
Thank you, I'l PM him

Alpine Hunter
06-10-2023, 02:57 PM
It’s definitely worth taking a rifle. I was in the area 2 days ago and came across a nice boar with a sow and another mature bear I wasn’t able to identify. This was all on a FSR on route to fish. Have fun!

CranePete
06-10-2023, 07:49 PM
Wavey Lake Rd, Windy Mountain Rd. There’s been some fires in the area since we moved away, but should still hold one or two bears

REMINGTON JIM
06-10-2023, 09:59 PM
Thank you, I'l PM him

on the island Eh ? Are you a NDPer ? If so don’t bother contacting me . :razz: RJ

PM sent .

Gun Dog
06-11-2023, 06:37 AM
I hunt in the area every fall and see bears almost every day.