ian745
06-09-2023, 07:27 AM
July 5th 10:05 AM is my guess.

Jburger
06-09-2023, 07:39 AM
June 28th at 0935 is my guess

HappyJack
06-09-2023, 08:07 AM
If you haven't gotten a notification that you won a draw by now it's means NADA, you wasted your cash, no point in worrying about when they will come out.

wallz
06-09-2023, 08:13 AM
If you haven't gotten a notification that you won a draw by now it's means NADA, you wasted your cash, no point in worrying about when they will come out.

This here. I got my results already.

eatram
06-09-2023, 08:25 AM
I was hoping that they would open up a draw season for the black-faced dramatiecher. I guess theres always next year...

randymac
06-09-2023, 09:03 AM
Maybe they should get the Lottery corporation to run the draw. They seem to be able to pull off 2 draws a week. Seems like the Leh chances are getting to be similar to the 649 odds

Fella
06-09-2023, 09:10 AM
I was drawn for 4 different Roosevelt elk draws and they’re providing me a helicopter and a team of 20 experienced guides at no charge

Gr8 white hunter
06-09-2023, 09:42 AM
Yes July 5 th my birthday maybe I'll get a Moose and Island bull elk draw like my son did last year.2 weeks up north got his bull back home for 2 day's and up island for 2 weeks and got his 6x7 bull elk.One month in a wall tent is a long time.

RyoTHC
06-09-2023, 10:48 AM
I’d be willing to bet early July for any announcement.
because using a random number generator and selecting winners is HARD.
there’s only one person in the government qualified and he’s on his 8 weeks annual holiday.

elker
06-09-2023, 11:30 AM
It only takes a computer 5 seconds to run all the draws out. The issue is that it is the government who runs the computer.

carnivore
06-09-2023, 11:59 AM
YESSSSSS! I finally got a Ruffled grouse tag, now to hire a FN guide for the hunt.

huntcoop
06-09-2023, 12:14 PM
...there’s only one person in the government qualified and he’s on his 8 weeks annual holiday.

....and I believe that he/she/they/them is working from home due to anxiety issues, might be mid to end of July.

notyalc
06-09-2023, 02:52 PM
Nobody is getting shit this year, Liberals are banning hunting next week.

tinhorse
06-09-2023, 06:17 PM
July 4th at 10:17 am.., Good luck at getting your draws everyone!

Wentrot
06-10-2023, 12:01 PM
She’s down for maintenance as we speak

BearSupreme
06-10-2023, 01:36 PM
its pretty insane it takes them more than a day or 2, they havent accepted mail in entries in years so I dont know what takes them so long. They probably know the longer they wait, the less time people get off for hunting and the more people lose interest

BCHunterTV
06-11-2023, 06:03 PM
RR Metis by the sounds of it wont need to worry about LEHS soon, just permission.

landphil
06-11-2023, 09:39 PM
It’s all about the alphabetical order. Yup, I apply for LEH, next comes MEH. :)

Most of the time. There was that one year that I won a tag for darn near everything I applied for. That made for a big fuel bill.

bcshadow
06-11-2023, 11:22 PM
June 30th 9am

HappyJack
06-12-2023, 06:38 AM
Wondering why they aren't drawn way earlier in the year, they can produce regs every two years.....so why the stupid draw takes so long nobody knows.

wallz
06-12-2023, 08:24 AM
There was a bunch of info threads and videos done about this a few years back. Someone had interview with the LEH people kind about why they take so long.

Condensed version: They are still awaiting data from biologists on key areas and once that data is in they run the draws. I guess they use it to final adjust tags allocated.

huntcoop
06-12-2023, 09:18 AM
There was a bunch of info threads and videos done about this a few years back. Someone had interview with the LEH people kind about why they take so long.

Condensed version: They are still awaiting data from biologists on key areas and once that data is in they run the draws. I guess they use it to final adjust tags allocated.

Fair enough but now that there is no mail in applications and all is computerized the results should come back almost instantly......no?

Gr8 white hunter
06-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Whats the rush it gets here when it gets here.

carnivore
06-12-2023, 10:05 AM
They are trying to determine what areas are going to closed to vehicles due to fire activity this year, so they can issue more draws to those areas. That way, when the joy of getting a draw wears off you find out the area is closed.:mad:

huntcoop
06-12-2023, 01:25 PM

I need to know if I have to self identify or not, duh :wink:

kolofardos
06-12-2023, 01:46 PM
NIL for me

browningboy
06-12-2023, 01:56 PM
Fair enough but now that there is no mail in applications and all is computerized the results should come back almost instantly......no?

100% agree with this ^^^

dapesche
06-12-2023, 06:48 PM
2022 bc leh submission deadline: june 16th.

2022 bc leh results released: June 27th.

Next Monday maybe?!

Arctic Lake
06-12-2023, 07:41 PM
That would be a real pisser to have drawn and LEH and then you can’t hunt the MU due to road closures !
Then your odds suck for the following years .
Arctic Lake

high horse Hal
06-13-2023, 09:59 AM
That would be a real pisser to have drawn and LEH and then you ant hunt the MU due to road closers !
Arctic Lakegood thing we have options

HappyJack
06-14-2023, 08:22 AM

I know some guys that have to get their time off slips approved by a certain date, the longer they wait the more likely someone else will scoop the preferred time off work. For some hunts arrangements have to be made for packers/planes/jet boat rides. So for some there is a rush.

HappyJack
06-14-2023, 08:24 AM
That would be a real pisser to have drawn and LEH and then you ant hunt the MU due to road closers !
Arctic Lake

Wouldn't that be a kick in the family jewels!! Have they actually done that is the past...it seems pretty underhanded?

MRP
06-14-2023, 08:53 AM
Wouldn't that be a kick in the family jewels!! Have they actually done that is the past...it seems pretty underhanded?

Menny years ago I went out with no where particular place in mind came up on a fresh deactivation and set up camp. A couple of hours later a old guy cames in to camp with his grandkids, he setup camp on the other side about 4k or more the day before, got deactivate while he was gone.. He took the kids home and to call a buddy he had a rige that could get his camp back.

HappyJack
06-14-2023, 09:57 AM
Menny years ago I went out with no where particular place in mind came up on a fresh deactivation and set up camp. A couple of hours later a old guy cames in to camp with his grandkids, he setup camp on the other side about 4k or more the day before, got deactivate while he was gone.. He took the kids home and to call a buddy he had a rige that could get his camp back.

I saw a hunter on the wrong side of a new deactivation on Blackwater road one day, you'd think they would make sure they weren't stranding someone before they started digging.

Everett
06-14-2023, 10:27 AM
I had this happen to me many years ago. I was able to reactivate the road with a couple hours of work. Managed to catch up to the asshole who had done it. He had a very expensive day and I'm betting he checked every road he ever deactivated in the future.

HappyJack
06-14-2023, 10:30 AM
I had this happen to me many years ago. I was able to reactivate the road with a couple hours of work. Managed to catch up to the asshole who had done it. He had a very expensive day and I'm betting he checked every road he ever deactivated in the future.

Oh my, tell us what the poor fellow experienced.....

kevingm1987
06-14-2023, 10:37 AM

So, he had an expensive day for doing his job or he did it illegally? Why is it his job to check the road ahead for deactivation? Was it posted? I thought they usually post about deactivation ahead of deactivating. Good practice says to check road, but time is money, everyone has a boss.

MRP
06-14-2023, 01:20 PM
So, he had an expensive day for doing his job or he did it illegally? Why is it his job to check the road ahead for deactivation? Was it posted? I thought they usually post about deactivation ahead of deactivating. Good practice says to check road, but time is money, everyone has a boss.
No they don't!! Me and my brother-in-law were coming back on a dead end road once and crew was hooking up a hoe to take out the bridge. This was a Saturday, and apparently we were the second vehicle that came out, no sign no notice.

Ron.C
06-14-2023, 03:39 PM
Ya, be shitty to plan an LEH only to have the area closed (assuming for no valid reason). I get it if the area burned after the draw was run or there is a full forest use restriction for a valid reason. Id still be shitty about it, especially if it was a coveted LEH I drew, but I get it.

As for deactivating roads, seems a bit douchy for a company to start deactivating a road/bridge without some sort of notice, assuming it's crown land.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/industry/natural-resource-use/resource-roads/engineering-publications-permits/engineering-manual/road-deactivation/planning-road-deactivation#:~:text=A%20deactivated%20FSR%20that% 20has,the%20representative%20of%20the%20Crown.

BeerMan
06-14-2023, 04:19 PM
Ya, be shitty to plan an LEH only to have the area closed (assuming for no valid reason). I get it if the area burned after the draw was run or there is a full forest use restriction for a valid reason. Id still be shitty about it, especially if it was a coveted LEH I drew, but I get it.

As for deactivating roads, seems a bit douchy for a company to start deactivating a road/bridge without some sort of notice, assuming it's crown land.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/industry/natural-resource-use/resource-roads/engineering-publications-permits/engineering-manual/road-deactivation/planning-road-deactivation#:~:text=A%20deactivated%20FSR%20that% 20has,the%20representative%20of%20the%20Crown.
A wee bit douchy, seems like the perfect analogy for what's happening these days:-(

Darksith
06-14-2023, 04:39 PM

They are still waiting for data to come in...so just bc they issued 10 tags for an area last year doesn't mean they will issue 10 this year, once they get the data they could increase or decrease the number of tags issued. It says tentative # of tags being issued in the LEH Synopsis.

That being said Im not sure what data they are waiting for...if they did surveys they would of done them in the winter and you would think that data would be entered fairly quickly, but its really easy when they don't do surveys at all...just get the dart board out and start throwing! Too bad the government is running this like it require a budget and not giving us back our investment through convservation and funding for wildlife.

high horse Hal
06-14-2023, 05:57 PM
or does the data have to go through another 'govt' for approval
Is a response mandatory or is the proposal on the table for 'x' days and if no response, it goes ahead

no ? as these are rhetorical, just simple musings

RainyLaker
06-22-2023, 09:55 AM
Is it too soon to be hitting refresh every 2 minutes?

RyoTHC
06-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Yawn…….yawn.

warnniklz
06-22-2023, 11:24 AM
Previous Draw Dates
2022 - Monday June 27
2021 - Monday June 21
2020 - Monday June 22
2019 - Monday June 24
2018 - Tuesday June 19
2017 - Thursday June 15
2016 - Monday June 27
2015 - Wednesday July 8
2014 - Wednesday July 8
2013 - Tuesday July 2
2012 - Tuesday June 26
2011 - Wednesday June 15
2010 - Monday June 14

RyoTHC
06-22-2023, 12:19 PM
So, Monday the 26th..
unless they feel like breaking the record for the slowest laziest folks to run the draw yet.

ursus
06-22-2023, 12:36 PM
Looking at the stats, if not out today it appears we will have to wait until Monday as it seems they don’t work Fridays as results never come out Friday!

huntcoop
06-22-2023, 12:50 PM
Looking at the stats, if not out today it appears we will have to wait until Monday as it seems they don’t work Fridays as results never come out Friday!

Just another flex day :roll:

fozzy
06-22-2023, 12:54 PM

Maybe they often come out on Mondays so they can milk the weekend for overtime to run the draw?

nelsonob1
06-22-2023, 12:56 PM
Quit the bitching about government employees. Probably quite a few are members.

Ron.C
06-22-2023, 03:07 PM
The draws could of been run and reults posted the day after it was closed for applications and we'd still have the same amount of LEH bitching and moaning.

canucks6
06-22-2023, 03:40 PM
You get what you get, and you don’t get upset.

RainyLaker
06-22-2023, 04:23 PM
I think I'm going to stop reloading now. They've probably gone home for the day. Goodnight Sam. See you tomorrow - Ralph

HappyJack
06-23-2023, 06:48 AM
It's hard to get excited about the draw when you usually don't get a damn thing anyways. Just as soon as it comes out we can start making more solid plans for this falls hunts.

RyoTHC
06-23-2023, 07:26 AM
The draws could of been run and reults posted the day after it was closed for applications and we'd still have the same amount of LEH bitching and moaning.

well, I don’t know about you.. but I’d rather get no draw than find out too late that I did win a coveted draw and not be able to take the time off or plan successfully.

other than that; you’re right though lol.

fearnodeer
06-23-2023, 08:23 AM
Well with the results coming out Monday should make for a lot of bragging and whining, the GOS season for Deer & bear has always been kind to me so never have I gone without meat in the freezer and there is always fish as well.

RainyLaker
06-23-2023, 08:31 AM
Mornin' Sam

Quite long published odds on my moose and caribou applications which I hope for most. The only group of guys I know insisted on a 30:1 moose draw and being a lone wolf type, my 8:1 application died on the vine.

Best odds are sheep and goat of which I'm most afraid, being a hefty guy and all. 'Harvest' would not approve but what better motivation than the fear of being unprepared in the mountains. I have a new backpack so I should be fine.

jjsachmoe
06-23-2023, 09:55 AM
I guess June 26, 2023 9 am. Hoping for the grouse draw.

RainyLaker
06-23-2023, 10:15 AM
I guess June 26, 2023 9 am. Hoping for the grouse draw.

Looks like it. 9:34am

huntcoop
06-23-2023, 10:41 AM
Quit the bitching about government employees. Probably quite a few are members.

You're right, he/they/she/it will definitely be offended but not today as he/they/she/it are off flexing

warnniklz
06-23-2023, 11:01 AM
Pretty sure if you're willing to put in the work and travel, you can hunt every big game animal without a draw except for Dall Sheep... and well grizzlies. But that's for a different thread.

ian745
06-24-2023, 07:24 AM
except Roosevelt elk on the island. Which is what I'm waiting for one of these decades lol

warnniklz
06-24-2023, 09:28 AM
except Roosevelt elk on the island. Which is what I'm waiting for one of these decades lol

Oh ya that too... but can hunt elk either way

Retiredguy
06-24-2023, 10:47 AM
Rosies.....ya with my luck it will only take about another 20 years past my demise. The system needs some changes. It is bullshit and I have said that since its inception.

MRP
06-24-2023, 03:19 PM
Rosies.....ya with my luck it will only take about another 20 years past my demise. The system needs some changes. It is bullshit and I have said that since its inception.

Yes as been stated lots here before it needs to be a point system. There’s no way my neighbour should get a moose drawn every 2 and 3 years wile a guy I know only has had 3 in 40 years, the odds in their chosen areas is about the same.
I get drawn close to 4x what my wife has drawn since the LEH started.

Under the current system I think that when a group put in for a draw they should be able to request how many draws they want. If 2 put in they should be able to ask for 1 or 2. If say 4 people put in that should be able to ask for between 1 and 4. If they request 4 their odds should be for three years, if they request 3 it’s reduced for 2 years, 2 would be 1 year, 1 would have no reduction.

gitnadoix
06-24-2023, 05:15 PM
how would you set the point system on a draw that has say 215 to 1 odds.....like some of the Rosie draws, or even worse the Sheep draws. ...

There is just too many of us for two few harvestable numbers.

A lottery is just that pure luck of the draw. Since the Rosie draw started I have pulled it once @ 30-1 .....and still donating every year just in case......

It sucks and I kick the garbage can every year about this time.....then I get down to planning a back up.

MRP
06-24-2023, 06:15 PM
how would you set the point system on a draw that has say 215 to 1 odds.....like some of the Rosie draws, or even worse the Sheep draws. ...

There is just too many of us for two few harvestable numbers.

A lottery is just that pure luck of the draw. Since the Rosie draw started I have pulled it once @ 30-1 .....and still donating every year just in case......

It sucks and I kick the garbage can every year about this time.....then I get down to planning a back up.

It would mean you have zero chance of getting that draw again, one better chance for someone else.

HappyJack
06-25-2023, 07:31 AM

I'll second that statement!!

Gr8 white hunter
06-25-2023, 08:07 AM
Shit my son ghot a Moose and Island Elk last year.I have been putting in ffor VI Elk for 45 yrs and no Elk draw,this year is my year.����

blazing billy
06-25-2023, 08:27 AM
I'm in the same boat when it comes to VI Elk. Some of my buddies have been drawn twice, one bud says when they see my name on the entry they throw it in the garbage.

Andrewh
06-25-2023, 08:34 AM

If you want to hunt Rosie's bad enough then go spend the $1000 bucks on an Oregon tag and go for the drive.... I spend 20+ hours in a vehicle hunting up north every year and so to many others.

It is ridiculous how people bitch and whine about our LEH system in BC. We can hunt basically everything over the counter - just need to stop being lazy and drive a little.

RyoTHC
06-25-2023, 10:06 AM
If you want to hunt Rosie's bad enough then go spend the $1000 bucks on an Oregon tag and go for the drive.... I spend 20+ hours in a vehicle hunting up north every year and so to many others.

It is ridiculous how people bitch and whine about our LEH system in BC. We can hunt basically everything over the counter - just need to stop being lazy and drive a little.

The American hunts may not be a terrible idea as time goes on.
they manage their wildlife 100x better than we do currently.

Retiredguy
06-25-2023, 10:11 AM

Thanks for that. You don't know a damn thing about me or what I do for hunting. I have been driving up north and traveling to other jurisdictions in Canada and the US to hunt for probably longer than you have been breathing. So keep the lectures to yourself. There are better ways of doing things and our draw system could use some tweaking. Implying someone else is lazy just because they do not agree with how the draws are run is rather moronic.

Squamch
06-25-2023, 10:26 AM
A priority point system will be great for the number of years it takes to reach maximum points. After that, your odds will begin to reduce again, until it is just a system to exclude new and young hunters. The lottery system is the fairest possible system.

Rayne
06-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Anyone considered putting in for lower odd draws I’ve had 14 draws in the last 7 years applying

That include a rosie draw that was boat access only and it was by far the coolest trip I’ve been on

MRP
06-25-2023, 12:36 PM
just need to stop being lazy and drive a little.

Not everyone can - afford the time off or $ to travel, or have the health or means to hunt the difficult low odds faraway MU's. Calling them lazy is a cheep shot, get off your horse and walk like us peasants.

KBC
06-25-2023, 02:26 PM
Not everyone can - afford the time off or $ to travel, or have the health or means to hunt the difficult low odds faraway MU's. Calling them lazy is a cheep shot, get off your horse and walk like us peasants.

I used to do that for the first 5 years or so and didn’t get one so now I put in for the dream tags because of it.

KBC
06-25-2023, 02:26 PM
Whoops meant to quote Rayne

Getbent
06-25-2023, 02:41 PM
Thanks for that. You don't know a damn thing about me or what I do for hunting. I have been driving up north and traveling to other jurisdictions in Canada and the US to hunt for probably longer than you have been breathing. So keep the lectures to yourself. There are better ways of doing things and our draw system could use some tweaking. Implying someone else is lazy just because they do not agree with how the draws are run is rather moronic.
Nicely said.

gitnadoix
06-25-2023, 07:09 PM
It would mean you have zero chance of getting that draw again, one better chance for someone else.

Ok i get that concept, but does that apply to all LEH I am assuming not the low number odds, but where do you draw that line, which tags are one and done. And at 215 to one the pool only gets a couple smaller each year. So now 212 to one the following year, assuming no one new shows up...

last light
06-25-2023, 08:59 PM
Monday June 26, 7:54 a.m.

RyoTHC
06-25-2023, 09:41 PM
8am tomorrow and everyone can get their grouse and coyote tags.

Smokeeater
06-25-2023, 10:42 PM
Draw date.... hmmm.... July 03/23 is my guess. Anybody else put in for the sasquatch Leh??? Lol

sillyrabbit
06-25-2023, 11:04 PM
8:01 a.m.
June 26

HappyJack
06-26-2023, 04:54 AM
A priority point system will be great for the number of years it takes to reach maximum points. After that, your odds will begin to reduce again, until it is just a system to exclude new and young hunters. The lottery system is the fairest possible system.

The lottery system sucks rats ass, sorry to say but there is nothing 'fair' about it when one person gets multiple draws all the time and another goes years with nothing. The system could definitely use some tweaking to spread the wealth around a bit.

madcalfe
06-26-2023, 05:50 AM
sites down for maintenance! should be out this morning....hopefully

Squamch
06-26-2023, 05:59 AM
The lottery system sucks rats ass, sorry to say but there is nothing 'fair' about it when one person gets multiple draws all the time and another goes years with nothing. The system could definitely use some tweaking to spread the wealth around a bit.

Do the two people put in for the EXACT same draw? If not, there is no comparison to be made.

kubota
06-26-2023, 06:14 AM
07:47 AM June 26

canucks6
06-26-2023, 07:16 AM
Will be out within the hour.

Cat catcher
06-26-2023, 07:47 AM
There system is all locked up with everyone checking.lol

139grainsofhell
06-26-2023, 08:00 AM
They are out ,unsuccessful again

carnivore
06-26-2023, 08:06 AM
Two more unsuccessful to add to my stack !$$#!%^&** :mad:

Scotty76
06-26-2023, 08:08 AM
Oh unsuccessful again.

Rayne
06-26-2023, 08:08 AM
I was unsuccessful too about time ��

RainyLaker
06-26-2023, 08:13 AM
Goat and antlerless mulie.

madcalfe
06-26-2023, 08:14 AM
well got a cow elk draw, and me and the wife both got a goat draw.

HarryToolips
06-26-2023, 08:16 AM
Well I got a low success odds/high draw success odds hunt for any bull moose in November, should be fun, will be covering a bunch of ground on the boots..

dakoda62
06-26-2023, 08:18 AM
YES i got a moose draw.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 years.

Retiredguy
06-26-2023, 08:20 AM
As usual.......I drew nothing and my wife drew nothing.

Citori54
06-26-2023, 08:21 AM
Nothing this year, but didn't really expect anything as I was successful for moose last year. Congratulations and good luck to all of the successful applicants.:grin:

jeremy84
06-26-2023, 08:24 AM
nothing for me since 2015

jac
06-26-2023, 08:43 AM
I have never won a Leh tag ever. This year is more of the same

abbyfireguy
06-26-2023, 08:45 AM
Nothing for me since 2018. Waiting on my 2 hunting partners to check theirs!

dapesche
06-26-2023, 08:46 AM
nothing for me. tried by high and low odds options.

browningboy
06-26-2023, 08:51 AM
Nothing for me again, anyways congrats to those who do!

Andrewh
06-26-2023, 09:01 AM
Thanks for that. You don't know a damn thing about me or what I do for hunting. I have been driving up north and traveling to other jurisdictions in Canada and the US to hunt for probably longer than you have been breathing.

This tells me everything I need to know.

All I am saying is that rather than sitting around a campfire when you are 75 blaming the LEH system for not letting you hunt a Rosie for the 40 yrs you have been trying, make the commitment to go hunt them down in the states.

If you can’t draw a sheep, go hunt them up north
If you can’t draw a goat, go hunt them up north
If you can’t draw a moose, head up north (sort of)
If you can’t draw a Rosie, head to the states

If you want an opportunity bad enough, there is always a way

The system is far from perfect but given enough time, a points system will basically mean only oldest people get drawn for elk. Unless you have a magic recipe, points won’t work when you have 2-300 people applying for 1 or 2 tags.

Anyway back to the results…

Oh and to add salt to the wound, I draw a Rosie this year!

madcalfe
06-26-2023, 09:05 AM
This tells me everything I need to know.

All I am saying is that rather than sitting around a campfire when you are 75 blaming the LEH system for not letting you hunt a Rosie for the 40 yrs you have been trying, make the commitment to go hunt them down in the states.

If you can’t draw a sheep, go hunt them up north
If you can’t draw a goat, go hunt them up north
If you can’t draw a moose, head up north (sort of)
If you can’t draw a Rosie, head to the states

If you want an opportunity bad enough, there is always a way

The system is far from perfect but given enough time, a points system will basically mean only oldest people get drawn for elk. Unless you have a magic recipe, points won’t work when you have 2-300 people applying for 1 or 2 tags.

Anyway back to the results…

Oh and to add salt to the wound, I draw a Rosie this year!

^^^^ insert evil villain laugh

KootenayKiller
06-26-2023, 09:06 AM
No luck :(

RE1960
06-26-2023, 09:14 AM
Big fat zero

J_T
06-26-2023, 09:18 AM
With 160,000 applications and only 14,000 successful authorizations handed out, simply by the numbers there is a vast majority of unhappy hunters.

Evanguy
06-26-2023, 09:46 AM
Damn. All 4 I went in for didn't happen. I really hoped for the bison tag

notyalc
06-26-2023, 09:48 AM
Buddies couldn’t put in for a group moose this year so I put in as an individual, and sure as shit I got it! Last successful group moose draw I got was back in 2014. This is my second time in 18 years getting a draw.

Ron.C
06-26-2023, 09:53 AM
Nil LEH for me this year.

Congrats to the successful applicants

elch jager
06-26-2023, 09:54 AM
Nothing since 2019...

No big deal, I can plan for a couple of GOS trips then...

Our system is really stupid. The Wildlife managers should study some of the points systems in the US.

warnniklz
06-26-2023, 10:05 AM
Second choice moose draw, first choice deer draw.

Mickey
06-26-2023, 10:18 AM
I had my first succesful leh, moose in Nov near Kamloops.

Getbent
06-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Second choice moose draw, first choice deer draw.
2nd choice is cool

zero for me and my partners… congrats to those that were successful. Hope you punch your tags.

MichelD
06-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Nothing this year, but over the years I have had a sheep draw, goat draw, MD doe, moose and three Vancouver Island Rosies. Wife has really cut down on her red meat eating so I dont need large amonts of meat any more anyway. Shoot, we're still eating the 2021 deer and haven't touched last year's.

https://i.imgur.com/CjnFIHY.jpg

Legacy Solocam
06-26-2023, 10:22 AM
Archery early season moose draw for myself and a pre rut moose draw for my wife. Could be 3 weeks of moose hunting depending on what we find. Not to complain but we only want one moose between us so we hit the lowest odds area we could. Now we will both have reduced odds next year. Helps to apply for low odds area as long as you are familiar with them and think you can have an enjoyable hunt.

B-rad
06-26-2023, 10:27 AM
nothing for me this year,,,thats alright though,,,i do fairly well every year without LEH,,,,,congrats to everyone who drew a draw

high horse Hal
06-26-2023, 10:32 AM
Second choice moose draw, first choice deer draw.second choice win means there was not enough applicants for the tentative tag numbers in that draw, plus then you were the first in line to be punted forward in line for the leftovers

for moose

in BC

unbelievable

congrats

Buck
06-26-2023, 10:44 AM
Group moose hunt for us yippee !!!

specbelly
06-26-2023, 11:04 AM
I know lots here think the system is ok. I have hunted in B.C. and AB. AB system does work better but then the AB gov supports both gun owners and hunters. I find it amazing the the wants of the few now upweigh the wants/needs of the many. Guessi will just go on paying my taxes and pretend all is good. NOT a chance. I’m near the end of my moose trips due to age it’s been years since we got a draw. And yes we apply way way north where odds are good. That’s my rant

kevingm1987
06-26-2023, 11:09 AM
Goat and Bison for me. Bison was a group of 4 but we were last pick and only was tag left. So we got 1 LEH and will have to hunt GOS hard if we get lucky on our LEH.

walker1985
06-26-2023, 11:11 AM
Got my first ever group moose hunt. Very stoked!

badlandshunter
06-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Goat draw for myself .

Skull Hunter
06-26-2023, 11:27 AM
Nothing for myself, but as expected since I only put in for high odds hunts. I honestly don't have an issue with our system being a lottery. The only thing I might suggest is for those high odds hunts, say 25:1 or so, they become once in a lifetime wins, so if you win it once, that's your only opportunity for your lifetime. I don't think this would really change the odds much however. The only other thing I could think of, would be to raise the prices of the high odds hunts too. You want the elusive Roosevelt draw that only has a couple of tags offered, well, the application fee is $80 or whatever. Fewer would be willing for fork this out for a chance. I'd be fine for this provided the revenue went back (directly) into wildlife management/enforcement.

Belle
06-26-2023, 11:58 AM
We usually have a large family and friends hunting party, as a result two of our groups got tags for PG. Four bulls is going to be a lot of work if we can come across them.

madcalfe
06-26-2023, 12:04 PM
ok ok who was the lucky SOB that got Kamloops lake sheep

northof49
06-26-2023, 12:10 PM
Solo moose for me ;)

kolofardos
06-26-2023, 12:12 PM
Cougar, Port Coquitlam to Mission for me

crownandanchor
06-26-2023, 12:16 PM
Squamish valley bull elk Oct 10 - Nov 20... Wow! Seen the herd a few times up there... Anyone on here been successful with this draw?

It's been 10 years since I've won something - I'll sure take a backyard hunt with these gas prices.

landphil
06-26-2023, 12:33 PM
Dos mooses por tres amigos, region ocho. :grin:

MRP
06-26-2023, 12:36 PM
Solo moose for me ;)
You could start a raffle for a partner, $6 a ticket, could pay for the trip plus a little left over. ;)

caddisguy
06-26-2023, 12:52 PM
No luck for me. I only put in for an antlerless draw and moose. Maybe my wife got the anterless ... fingers crossed ... have to wait until she gets home from work :D

CheesyLimper
06-26-2023, 01:14 PM
January bison for my family. Will have questions...

high horse Hal
06-26-2023, 01:16 PM
No bull moose for us, will have to go for his little brother again

Cboyd
06-26-2023, 01:49 PM
Finally successful first moose draw ever 5-2a off to the old man’s stomping grounds, wish he was here to come with me rip dad hope I can get one for him.

4 point
06-26-2023, 02:10 PM
As usual nothing for me and my partner. I hope we live long enough to ever get a moose draw.

The Hermit
06-26-2023, 02:11 PM
Last time I had a moose draw was 2016 but I don't care... Landed a group moose for two bulls! Woot

Livewire322
06-26-2023, 02:34 PM
It’s a good year to live in a place with so many over the counter hunting opportunities- nil for me and my family.

MRP
06-26-2023, 03:13 PM
No moose, but group draw for grouse and a rabbit for 7-15. Got any secret spots to share? :grin:

:roll:

KBC
06-26-2023, 03:28 PM
After 8 years of trying I got my first draw for anything. A shared Moose hunt with a friend in 5-1, the second half of October.

juiceterboost
06-26-2023, 03:30 PM
Got a second Choice draw for 4:23D for sheep, and a moose draw. If anyone has any thoughts or advice for the sheep hunt I would be all ears. new area to me but will be putting in a solid effort.

Imdone
06-26-2023, 04:16 PM
Right On !
Rosie, Goat and Bison ......
Going to be busy

77Gunner
06-26-2023, 04:51 PM
Nothing for me, nothing for the wife. Good luck everyone.

northof49
06-26-2023, 05:03 PM
I know lots here think the system is ok. I have hunted in B.C. and AB. AB system does work better but then the AB gov supports both gun owners and hunters. I find it amazing the the wants of the few now upweigh the wants/needs of the many. Guessi will just go on paying my taxes and pretend all is good. NOT a chance. I’m near the end of my moose trips due to age it’s been years since we got a draw. And yes we apply way way north where odds are good. That’s my rant

Why didn’t you just go up north? There was no need for LEH in many areas. For instance the South Peace was wide open GOS until recently and even had the any bull early season. No real reason for that past frustration unless you were set on a specific area that was only LEH.

The current system works just fine as a lotto system. Everyone has an equal chance and its nice knowing you don’t have to wait 17yrs or so to build up points if you are a new hunter. Is what it is…always just treated them as a bonus if you get one. I have had some long dry spells but still done ok over the past 40 yrs or so. Eastern transplants should require 10yr residency for eligibility tho just because they likely voted liberal at some point :lol::lol::lol::lol:

horse280
06-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Horsee says: weeee gggooot aaaa group moosie draw for oct in region 5 Livin Right ! Horseee

REMINGTON JIM
06-26-2023, 07:16 PM
No moose, but group draw for grouse and a rabbit for 7-15. Got any secret spots to share? :grin:

is there tags available for grouse an rabbit? :-) RJ

moosinaround
06-26-2023, 07:18 PM

I got skunked too! I'm coming and hunting grouse on your acreage!!

j270wsm
06-26-2023, 07:25 PM
Got a second Choice draw for 4:23D for sheep, and a moose draw. If anyone has any thoughts or advice for the sheep hunt I would be all ears. new area to me but will be putting in a solid effort.

I’m not sure the exact location of the south boundary for 4:23D but this zone is In the elk lakes provincial park and possibly 1 other park. It’s a big area with zero road access. In all the yrs I’ve looked for elk and goats in that area….I’ve never seen a sheep. I’m sure they are in there but be prepared to put a lot of miles on the boots.

high and to the right
06-26-2023, 08:18 PM
We got 4 moose for the 6 of us. From drought to flood.

kevingm1987
06-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Didn’t think you could get second choice when odds were over 1:1…

358mag
06-26-2023, 10:08 PM
8-09A Sheep draw !!!!!!!!!!! looking for info- tips

Redthies
06-26-2023, 10:38 PM
After 30(!) attempts, I finally drew an LEH! Solo moose in 3-26 for Nov 1-30. Ruined my perfect record of getting diddly squat!

Tickets for the partner raffle are $50 each, or 3 for $120 (I drive a V8 4x4 that gets 11 mpg, so prices reflect the fuel surcharge) :mrgreen:

Lukebc86
06-26-2023, 11:02 PM
Region 5-2 zone A. shared moose, My 1st draw but only been hunting for 4 years now.

Squamch
06-27-2023, 05:49 AM
Nothing for anyone in my group. Oh well. We will still go hunting.

tuchodi
06-27-2023, 06:36 AM
Nothing for our group again

Piperdown
06-27-2023, 07:05 AM
Right on buddy good for you, you deserve it. I too got a Rosie and a bull moose, moose is an archery draw so will try for my 4th archery bull moose, always a challenge but very rewarding if one is successful. It is a shame that they closed the GOS archery, in all the years I have hunted that hunt I only ever saw 1 other hunter.
Good luck to everyone who got an leh and also good luck to everyone else hunting any open seasons

high horse Hal
06-27-2023, 08:28 AM
8-09A Sheep draw !!!!!!!!!!! looking for info- tipsLOL May have to pay the trespass fee and get one off of The Lick ;)

ACB
06-27-2023, 09:48 AM
Again the tag nazi says,.............. NO TAG FOR YOU! Mind you some that I applied for had very high odds, but a couple had low odds. General openings bound.

triggerhappy
06-27-2023, 10:29 AM
Moose and goat tags for me and my partner. Should be a good year.

mike31154
06-27-2023, 11:13 AM
Entered group Moose & individual island Elk, nada. Got the group Moose draw last year but didn't connect.... doh. We have enough to enter 3 groups for moose but one of my group buddies made a mistake & entered the bow draw instead of normal one. He was successful haha, so not sure what the plan is. I'm pretty good with my recurve & he has a crossbow so we might venture forth....

Piperdown
06-27-2023, 11:52 AM
Entered group Moose & individual island Elk, nada. Got the group Moose draw last year but didn't connect.... doh. We have enough to enter 3 groups for moose but one of my group buddies made a mistake & entered the bow draw instead of normal one. He was successful haha, so not sure what the plan is. I'm pretty good with my recurve & he has a crossbow so we might venture forth....

Hi Mike I have harvested 3 bulls in the archery season, what zone and time, pm me if you want to talk or any advice on what works for me, good luck

mike31154
06-27-2023, 03:41 PM
Hi Mike I have harvested 3 bulls in the archery season, what zone and time, pm me if you want to talk or any advice on what works for me, good luck

Hey thanks, that's very generous of you. Since hooking up with my current hunting buddies who both live on the Island we've been putting in for Moose south of Vanderhoof every year. 2018 we were successful with the draw & harvesting a nice young bull. The friend that got the bow draw this year is the experienced one in our group, knows the area very well & has been hunting most of his life with good success. Last year when we got the same draw we never saw a moose other than capturing a photo of the ass end of a cow on trail cam. It seemed a slow year for everyone in that MU. We came across a couple guys that got a young spiker as part of GOS, that's all we knew of. We have a few months to mull over our plan. We may just head up & stay beyond the bow LEH for the GOS.

Bagging a critter the size of a moose with bow must be an amazing experience. Even with a rifle they often don't go down with one shot. Another buddy of my buddy from the island has hunted the area with bow & been successful. He showed up in our camp 2018 & had some pretty good stories including getting charged after putting an arrow into a bull. Did you use crossbow, compound or traditional bow? Must have been some trailing involved. I'm sure a brief summary of at least one of those hunts would be appreciated by all here. ;)

RackStar
06-27-2023, 06:48 PM
First year applying for my Alberta draws. Much better system over here, you can actually plan your hunts and know when you’ll draw. You can also buy points and use them when you’d like. Looking forward to my moose tag next season. BC draw system needs some tweaking.

Bear Brawler
06-27-2023, 06:54 PM
I put in for Archery Elk in Montana with a buddy from Texas, we drew the tag. I'm doing 7 days of archery elk in the koots then heading south for 12 days in Montana. First year I'm not upset about drawing nothing, I only put in the elk and moose this year.

Bear Brawler
06-27-2023, 06:56 PM
First year applying for my Alberta draws. Much better system over here, you can actually plan your hunts and know when you’ll draw. You can also buy points and use them when you’d like. Looking forward to my moose tag next season. BC draw system needs some tweaking.
I was in Alberta last year for Mule, archery, hosted by a friend. Biggest buck of my life to date, can't wait to go back this coming Oct.

fluffybuffalo71
06-27-2023, 07:27 PM
Nice going LandPhil, you're one of only two people I know with success!

358mag
06-27-2023, 07:45 PM
LOL May have to pay the trespass fee and get one off of The Lick ;)

???? Please explain ????

dapesche
06-28-2023, 11:27 AM
I always wonder who wins the sheep draws...

Know anyone that has won it in the past?
Curious how the hunt is. Or if it more of a harvest.

bighornbob
06-28-2023, 12:34 PM
I always wonder who wins the sheep draws...

Know anyone that has won it in the past?
Curious how the hunt is. Or if it more of a harvest.

Most LEH sheep hunts depend on how well you know the country and what the animals will be doing and where. Kamloops Lake sheep is pretty much a harvest. Ok rams for those that dont hunt and exceptional heads for those that know what they are looking for and willing to hold out.

The east kootenay sheep hunts are no different now (on LEH) then they were when a regular season. So if you never hunted the area and get a LEH you probably wont see a ram. If you hunted it for years under teh GOS then you may have a 10% chance at getting a draw.

The sheep along the Fraser would be a relatively straight forward for me as I have hunted the area during the regular season for 20+ years and glassed hundreds of rams that were big 3/4 curls as I was limited to full curls in the GOS. So finding a good 3/4 wouldnt be that hard. That same tag in a guys hands that have never hunted sheep or the area and he may spend 2 weeks trying to find rams and or access and or legality of ram.

Lots of people think because they pulled a sheep tag along the Fraser with 40:1 odds that they can show up on a weekend and go home with a ram usually go home empty handed. I have always told people go hunt the area and learn it, when you pull that LEH tag then you have good odds of shooting a ram.

BHB

dapesche
06-28-2023, 12:44 PM
Most LEH sheep hunts depend on how well you know the country and what the animals will be doing and where. Kamloops Lake sheep is pretty much a harvest. Ok rams for those that dont hunt and exceptional heads for those that know what they are looking for and willing to hold out.

The east kootenay sheep hunts are no different now (on LEH) then they were when a regular season. So if you never hunted the area and get a LEH you probably wont see a ram. If you hunted it for years under teh GOS then you may have a 10% chance at getting a draw.

The sheep along the Fraser would be a relatively straight forward for me as I have hunted the area during the regular season for 20+ years and glassed hundreds of rams that were big 3/4 curls as I was limited to full curls in the GOS. So finding a good 3/4 wouldnt be that hard. That same tag in a guys hands that have never hunted sheep or the area and he may spend 2 weeks trying to find rams and or access and or legality of ram.

Lots of people think because they pulled a sheep tag along the Fraser with 40:1 odds that they can show up on a weekend and go home with a ram usually go home empty handed. I have always told people go hunt the area and learn it, when you pull that LEH tag then you have good odds of shooting a ram.

BHB

Good info. Thanks Bob.

My brother in law drew a goat tag in the fraser area (3-32 or 3-33 i think). Might head over and help. Contemplated getting a sheep tag just in case we see one in the GOS are, but after researching the chances of success it seems like spotting a sasquatch riding a unicorn may have better odds.

Will be nice to see the fraser canyon area though. Get a good feeling of the country.

sparkes3
06-28-2023, 01:03 PM
Nada for me and my oldest son but my wife and youngest son both drew turkey tags for December in our back yard

JIL_24/7
06-28-2023, 04:30 PM
My wife and 3 kids got the group draw in 5-15A. I, once again, got nothing from 7 entries.

Dour
06-28-2023, 04:44 PM
10 year run of nothing ! Maybe next year I’ll get something

Piperdown
06-29-2023, 06:32 AM
Hey thanks, that's very generous of you. Since hooking up with my current hunting buddies who both live on the Island we've been putting in for Moose south of Vanderhoof every year. 2018 we were successful with the draw & harvesting a nice young bull. The friend that got the bow draw this year is the experienced one in our group, knows the area very well & has been hunting most of his life with good success. Last year when we got the same draw we never saw a moose other than capturing a photo of the ass end of a cow on trail cam. It seemed a slow year for everyone in that MU. We came across a couple guys that got a young spiker as part of GOS, that's all we knew of. We have a few months to mull over our plan. We may just head up & stay beyond the bow LEH for the GOS.

Bagging a critter the size of a moose with bow must be an amazing experience. Even with a rifle they often don't go down with one shot. Another buddy of my buddy from the island has hunted the area with bow & been successful. He showed up in our camp 2018 & had some pretty good stories including getting charged after putting an arrow into a bull. Did you use crossbow, compound or traditional bow? Must have been some trailing involved. I'm sure a brief summary of at least one of those hunts would be appreciated by all here. ;)

Well it sounds like you know the area well so hopefully you will connect. I use a crossbow now as the eyesight isn't what it used to be. All 3 bulls never went more than 20 yards, first one layed down and bled out, took 13 minutes till he expired, other two, dead in under a minute. All 3 bulls solo, last one was season before last at 60 years of age, I am not getting any smarter as I get older it seems, could use some younger hunting partners now :). I would post a story or two about the hunts but it seems this site has gone rouge and hardly anyone posts anything about hunting it is mainly just about vaccines or Trump. Will gladly tell a tale over the phone or pm.

One thing if you do have to trail the animal and you had good placement on your shot there will be a river of blood compared to a gun shot, much bigger wound with the arrow, again good luck.

Arctic Lake
06-29-2023, 07:14 AM
Still fellas posting stories and I for one love a hunting story so please post up with photos if you have any .
Arctic Lake
Well it sounds like you know the area well so hopefully you will connect. I use a crossbow now as the eyesight isn't what it used to be. All 3 bulls never went more than 20 yards, first one layed down and bled out, took 13 minutes till he expired, other two, dead in under a minute. All 3 bulls solo, last one was season before last at 60 years of age, I am not getting any smarter as I get older it seems, could use some younger hunting partners now :). I would post a story or two about the hunts but it seems this site has gone rouge and hardly anyone posts anything about hunting it is mainly just about vaccines or Trump. Will gladly tell a tale over the phone or pm.

One thing if you do have to trail the animal and you had good placement on your shot there will be a river of blood compared to a gun shot, much bigger wound with the arrow, again good luck.

huntcoop
06-29-2023, 07:20 AM
....All 3 bulls solo, last one was season before last at 60 years of age, I am not getting any smarter as I get older it seems, could use some younger hunting partners now :).....

You just need to pull the trigger when the young guns are still around and not wait so long, the young blonde that's in camp, she isn't much help :wink:

Piperdown
06-29-2023, 08:28 AM
You just need to pull the trigger when the young guns are still around and not wait so long, the young blonde that's in camp, she isn't much help :wink:

Lol, yes but she is good at pulling my trigger. We will have another epic moose hunt this year, crab stuffed mushroom caps coming right up

huntcoop
06-29-2023, 09:27 AM
Lol, yes but she is good at pulling my trigger. We will have another epic moose hunt this year, crab stuffed mushroom caps coming right up

We'll also have to start planning the Island Rosie tag, that'll be epic.

mike31154
06-29-2023, 10:23 AM

Great info. Interesting that none of them went far & 2 expired so quickly! Would have never guessed an arrow/bolt wound would be larger vs bullet. Colin who bagged our 2018 bull put 3 shots into him, it was his 1st animal. Close range & watching him just stand there after the shot he put 2 more in being concerned he might trot off into the bush. I'm well into my 60's too & my buds are close behind. Lucky it was quite close to the road but it was still quite the chore for us 3 old fellers to get him back to camp. Can't imagine tackling that solo. I'm not worthy haha.

I posted a thread on the 2018 LEH moose. Nice young bull, kept meat on the table for a couple years for me, even split among 3.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?148099-Region-6-Moose-LEH

I try to steer clear of the off topic stuff but once in a while I gotta say my bit. Def not a reason to stop posting & looking for hunting related threads. Here's a photo of Colin with the bull for those not wishing to delve into the entire saga.
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?resid=A0157E1B64909474%2131727&authkey=%21ABoTS1DlEi9O1Z8&width=999999&height=1024

Arctic Lake
06-29-2023, 11:30 AM
Great picture Mike and a nice bull !
Were you South of Vanderhoof with that one ?
Arctic Lake

Piperdown
06-29-2023, 11:41 AM
That is a beauty of a bull Mike, go get another :) Yes Huntcoop the Rosie hunt will be a blast, soo many hunts so little time ....

srupp
06-29-2023, 04:48 PM
hmmm tag soup..lol
S

mike31154
06-29-2023, 09:54 PM
Great picture Mike and a nice bull !
Were you South of Vanderhoof with that one ?
Arctic Lake

Yes, MU6-1

Arctic Lake
06-30-2023, 07:31 AM
Again that’s a great photo !
I will be North of Fort Saint James this year and really looking forward to it !
Arctic Lake
Arctic Lake
Yes, MU6-1

"skma"
06-30-2023, 10:42 AM
15 years of NADA but guess when only trying for sheep, elk n moose thats what you/I get i guess? :/

Ck1990
07-01-2023, 11:39 PM
Right On !
Rosie, Goat and Bison ......
Going to be busy

that’s damn good luck!

fozzy
07-02-2023, 11:14 AM
Nada for myself again this year. My Wife got a group Moose draw with a friend of ours. Should be another good year.

j270wsm
07-03-2023, 06:33 PM
Just found out my friends sister in law got the Kamloops lake ram.

LBM
07-03-2023, 08:23 PM
Just found out my friends sister in law got the Kamloops lake ram.
Wow there is a lucky girl, hope she has a great hunt. in some of the states they put out a list of the winners
might benifit some here as well for there is those willing to give out info. Would be interesting to see who
got some of the EK sheep draws.

marcus44
07-04-2023, 09:41 AM
26 years without a draw, daughter got a youth mule doe though

j270wsm
07-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Wow there is a lucky girl, hope she has a great hunt. in some of the states they put out a list of the winners
might benifit some here as well for there is those willing to give out info. Would be interesting to see who
got some of the EK sheep draws.

a guy I know from sparwood was drawn for 4-23( I think zone c ) line creek north. Only been hunting for a yr or two and First time he’s ever entered an leh

If anyone is willing to offer any help/info for the Kamloops lake sheep I’d gladly pass on their into to Jared and his wife.

huntingfamily
12-26-2023, 09:36 PM
Group moose hunt for us yippee !!!

Did you get your moose, Dan?

Squamch
12-28-2023, 08:14 AM
Hunter1947 or whatever his name is, I can't recall it exactly, his son got the Spence's bridge ram. Shot a nice one, had a pretty good adventure too from the sounds of it.