PDA

View Full Version : Problem applying for LEH

MichelD
05-26-2023, 03:44 PM
I tried to initiate a shared hunt, followed all instructions as I have successfully in the past but when I go to add another member it says "Cannot add new member." What's up with that?

Livewire322
05-26-2023, 03:59 PM
It’s likely that their resident credentials have expired

MichelD
05-26-2023, 04:42 PM
No. I get that message just trying to open the part of the page that says "Add new member."

Livewire322
05-26-2023, 04:58 PM
I’ve just logged on and initiated a shared hunt with someone I know and was not able to get a “cannot add new member” message to pop-up. I did get several other messages when I entered dummy info though.

To be clear, you’ve entered your partner’s info into the three blank boxes and then hit “add hunter to group” button? It then gives you a pop-up saying that they cannot be added…?

Is it possible they’ve been added to a group already?

MichelD
05-26-2023, 07:39 PM
I’ve just logged on and initiated a shared hunt with someone I know and was not able to get a “cannot add new member” message to pop-up. I did get several other messages when I entered dummy info though.

To be clear, you’ve entered your partner’s info into the three blank boxes and then hit “add hunter to group” button? It then gives you a pop-up saying that they cannot be added…?

Is it possible they’ve been added to a group already?

Thanks for trying on my behalf.

No, that is not the issue I am having.

The site will not even let me open the part where I am to add the new group member's number and name.

I'll call on Monday to sort it out if the problem persists over the weekend.

7mag
05-26-2023, 08:00 PM
I had the same issue as did a friend of mine. We both had to just create the group and give our partners the group number and have them complete the group hunt.

MichelD
05-26-2023, 09:59 PM
I had the same issue as did a friend of mine. We both had to just create the group and give our partners the group number and have them complete the group hunt.

I have to do it as one of my partners is even older than me and does not use a computer and the other is still recovering from a concussion and also has a hard time filling out forms, etc.

mike31154
05-27-2023, 08:02 AM
What kind of hardware/platform are you using to log on. PC, Apple, Apple Phone, Android Phone, Windows....? If the one gentleman doesn't use a computer how does he keep anything current these days?

MichelD
05-27-2023, 10:15 AM
What kind of hardware/platform are you using to log on. PC, Apple, Apple Phone, Android Phone, Windows....? If the one gentleman doesn't use a computer how does he keep anything current these days?

Not everyone is completely plugged in. My wife has no cell phone and is just now at nearly 70 skilled enough to use a computer enough to use email, look at Google and find streaming movies.

My friend is 75 and we have a weekly get-together of like minded people and keep him up to date on when the LEH is out, etc. His adult children inlcuding his son who is a friearms instructor for the RCMP help him out with essential computer use. In this case I was asked to include him in my shared hut applacation and have encountered this log jam.

Smokeeater
05-27-2023, 06:15 PM
I just did a shared group hunt a few minutes ago.
Did you happen to click the "shared" hunt button at the top of the screen? It wouldn't let me add anyone until I did.....

bullish
05-27-2023, 07:56 PM
system slower than slow tonight. been in loading mode on an application for an hour..ugh

MichelD
05-27-2023, 10:08 PM
I just did a shared group hunt a few minutes ago.
Did you happen to click the "shared" hunt button at the top of the screen? It wouldn't let me add anyone until I did.....

Yes. Did that.

bullish
05-28-2023, 06:12 AM
so had zero success last night, so thought a 5 AM start might be a better time. no such luck, first application has been ..loading.. for an hour.
yes everything is up to date. double ugh

bullish
05-28-2023, 08:25 AM
finally got them thru. No advice other than I logged in and out a few times and then boom got 4 done in 10 minutes,weird stuff but thankful. Now the loooong wait.. cheers

wideopenthrottle
05-28-2023, 01:14 PM
did you apply then try and add them? if you put them in at the start you can do it for others but to add them later they have to do it through their own log in ...is that the issue?

Nechako Outdoors
05-28-2023, 01:22 PM
I tried to initiate a shared hunt, followed all instructions as I have successfully in the past but when I go to add another member it says "Cannot add new member." What's up with that?

If you have their FWID, last name and date of birth I can look into it through our license vendor system - call me today until 4pm @ 2505679885 , or Monday-Thursday this week

cheers,

Mark

MichelD
05-28-2023, 02:23 PM
If you have their FWID, last name and date of birth I can look into it through our license vendor system - call me today until 4pm @ 2505679885 , or Monday-Thursday this week

cheers,

Mark

That is very kind of you to offer Mark, but I don't have their date of birth. I could get then if necessary, but for now I'll see if I can find an actual human to talk to at the Service BC number tomorrow.

MichelD
05-28-2023, 02:23 PM
did you apply then try and add them? if you put them in at the start you can do it for others but to add them later they have to do it through their own log in ...is that the issue?

Yes to your first question.

wideopenthrottle
05-28-2023, 03:19 PM
that is the problem I had once too...once the group is started people can add themselves but you can not add them (only include them in your original)...if you are doing everything for them you should have some sort of name that has been used for your group...check your info it should be there...then log off your name, log in as them and then join an existing group or something like that....I am just going by memory not looking at the site so hopefully that helps a bit

MichelD
05-28-2023, 03:42 PM
that is the problem I had once too...once the group is started people can add themselves but you can not add them (only include them in your original)...if you are doing everything for them you should have some sort of name that has been used for your group...check your info it should be there...then log off your name, log in as them and then join an existing group or something like that....I am just going by memory not looking at the site so hopefully that helps a bit

Thank you.

montec assassin
05-29-2023, 10:08 PM
Hey MichelD, I just had the same problem which may have been the same problem as yours so I'll share, even though I'm a little embarrassed. I got the "cannot add new member" warning as well. What I was doing was underneath the initiator bar (which showed my name) I added my own FWID, last name and initial, thinking I was initiating the shared hunt. However, seeing as I was already logged into my account, that info was already registered and I was to add other members at that point, not my own information, DUH.
After I figured out that little gem, everything worked like a charm.
I hope your problem was as simple as me, I mean mine.
Montec

MichelD
05-29-2023, 10:42 PM
Hey MichelD, I just had the same problem which may have been the same problem as yours so I'll share, even though I'm a little embarrassed. I got the "cannot add new member" warning as well. What I was doing was underneath the initiator bar (which showed my name) I added my own FWID, last name and initial, thinking I was initiating the shared hunt. However, seeing as I was already logged into my account, that info was already registered and I was to add other members at that point, not my own information, DUH.
Montec

Thank you very much Montec!

That's what I did too, as I thought I had to put my data in first even though it was already there.

I will try that. Initially I had one partner to add, but I just today got a third partner to update his residency, so once that is confirmed I'll apply for us all.

HappyJack
05-30-2023, 06:30 AM
Montec

I did the same thing, but picked up on the mistake real fast. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

MichelD
05-30-2023, 10:36 AM
I did the same thing, but picked up on the mistake real fast. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I have applied for shared hunts before, but that little trick had slipped my mind.

Anyway, thanks to Montec, my brain got sorted out and I have completed the application. Now we wait...............

tyreguy
05-30-2023, 05:33 PM
Just had an issue today doing a shared hunt with my son ……..his credentials were expired and I couldn’t see that until we went into his id - couldn’t get the shared thing going……..WTF?????
Updated and will clear up / complete. tomorrow.