PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist in the Kootenays

Greenthumbed
05-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Hi all,
I took a nice black bear over the weekend that I would like to have the hide tanned. Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist within a reasonable distance from Golden, BC?

RyoTHC
05-23-2023, 09:45 PM
Hi all,
I took a nice black bear over the weekend that I would like to have the hide tanned. Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist within a reasonable distance from Golden, BC?

not sure what you consider reasonable distance but the new one in merritt gets pretty good reviews from what I heard as far as tanning goes.

tony d
05-24-2023, 10:04 AM
Flint fur tannery in Cranbrook

pappy
05-24-2023, 10:17 AM
I second going to Merritt, Ray Wiens has done a few animals I have taken. Always great work done by him, he has an apprentice now too that has good work.

RyoTHC
05-24-2023, 10:33 AM
I second going to Merritt, Ray Wiens has done a few animals I have taken. Always great work done by him, he has an apprentice now too that has good work.

I believe ray has separated the taxidermy and the tanning, I believe you can still send your animals to him, but he just passes them off to the outfit in lower Nicola if I’m correct.

either way, it’ll get done and done right don’t hesitate to go to Ray.

DR.DOUG
05-24-2023, 05:36 PM
I have an Elk done by Ray when he was in Aldergrove, did a fantastic job. There were many animals in his shop when I picked it up and they were all very well done. Tar, goats, sheep and a couple bears, wouldn’t hesitate going back to him

Livewire322
05-24-2023, 06:19 PM
I’ll throw another recommendation for Ray. I was very happy with the bear hide I had him tan and his customer service was A+

dapesche
05-25-2023, 06:55 AM
Lino Grifone in Castlegar is excellent.

https://mountainculturegroup.com/lino-grifone-western-canada-school-of-taxidermy/

Islandeer
05-25-2023, 08:41 PM
Phillip at Apex wildlife Art in Cranbrook does amazing work.
He is a true artist, reliable and a great person.
He did a mule deer for me that is stunning, his attention to detail is the best.
Highly reccomend.

g_worsnop
05-25-2023, 08:51 PM
Apex wildlife Art!